Author Topic: Your opinion on LGBT  (Read 14842 times)

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
  • Side: Union
Re: Your opinion on LGBT
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2021, 05:48:33 am »
In time people will realize that religion is beneficial to society. It doesn't matter if god is not real. It has its place.

Quite the opposite actually. Especially with the religions that currently dominate the globe (mainly forms of Christianity and Islam). Humans are changing and our society will only follow that trend more and more as older generations die and younger ones come into power. People are naturally good and to imply that without religion people are bad or will be immoral is absolutely retarded. Organized religion usually brings negativity into peoples lives, hearts and minds. Look at the horrible things that religion has caused through out history and is causing today. Crusades and jihads alone show how horrible it was and there are endless examples of how bad it usually is... People hate each other because of books written by cave men. They think their gods and religion gives them righteousness and the ability to judge their fellow man.

I was raised by a roman catholic family and attended catholic school for majority of my life. I would be willing to bet I have said more Our Fathers, Hail Marys and spent more time kneeling in a church praying and singing hymns than most people. Yet I still do not believe those teachings because to me they are so obviously false why would I. It may have some good intentions and lessons to learn. But in general organized religion is just bad. Belief in god and an afterlife is totally fine and I certainly do believe in a god and some form of afterlife myself. But judgement and hatred are things that exist in petty humans. I refuse to believe that whatever this magical incredible life and universe came from its as petty and simple minded as human beings and the things the bible talks about. You do not need a church or a defined religion to believe in these things or have good morals and be a good person. And to allow ancient texts to dictate or lives is only holding back humanity from achieving utopia which should be humanity's goal.

I am however quite proud of the Catholic Church trying to evolve and match a modern society. Accepting the potential existence of aliens and being more kind and accepting of homosexuality and people in general. But it still has a long way to go... Independent Christian churches in the US however are utterly disgusting and should be banned.

Spoiler
[close]

People read one page of a Hitchens book or watch a 30 second Richard Dawkins video and all of a sudden they start hating on religion. I'm not arguing about the validity of religion or "Religions truths". If religion gets people to move forward in life it's beneficial. Certain "delusions" can be beneficial to your life.

Also, this notion of people being "bad" cos of religion and that the world would be sunshine and rainbows without it is absolutely retarded. The weak die the powerful thrive.

I should clarify I am not hating on religion. I am hating on organized religion. Especially Christianity in the US. You do not understand because you have never witnessed it being from the EU. In NA many of these churches turn to cults. They teach kids that the world is ending every other week and to fear a wrathful god and eternal damnation. They literally brainwash their congregations and make them hate anyone not in their churches and they keep their members living in fear. They also take donations for personal gains and pretend its gods will that they have private jets and mega mansions. And my beliefs are based off my life experiences and what I have observed around me. Ive spent more time thinking about my beliefs then anything else in life. And again I am not against people using religion to comfort themselves and find some kind of meaning or purpose. But when they start using that religion to judge others and spread hatred and fear, I draw the line. Many of these fuckers literally pretend to be actual prophets that speak to god directly. And millions believe them... Its disgustingly sad.

Trust, there are certain coutries in the EU that are run by the church.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2021, 07:06:38 am »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #197 on: July 07, 2021, 12:56:25 pm »
In time people will realize that religion is beneficial to society. It doesn't matter if god is not real. It has its place.

Quite the opposite actually. Especially with the religions that currently dominate the globe (mainly forms of Christianity and Islam). Humans are changing and our society will only follow that trend more and more as older generations die and younger ones come into power. People are naturally good and to imply that without religion people are bad or will be immoral is absolutely retarded. Organized religion usually brings negativity into peoples lives, hearts and minds. Look at the horrible things that religion has caused through out history and is causing today. Crusades and jihads alone show how horrible it was and there are endless examples of how bad it usually is... People hate each other because of books written by cave men. They think their gods and religion gives them righteousness and the ability to judge their fellow man.

I was raised by a roman catholic family and attended catholic school for majority of my life. I would be willing to bet I have said more Our Fathers, Hail Marys and spent more time kneeling in a church praying and singing hymns than most people. Yet I still do not believe those teachings because to me they are so obviously false why would I. It may have some good intentions and lessons to learn. But in general organized religion is just bad. Belief in god and an afterlife is totally fine and I certainly do believe in a god and some form of afterlife myself. But judgement and hatred are things that exist in petty humans. I refuse to believe that whatever this magical incredible life and universe came from its as petty and simple minded as human beings and the things the bible talks about. You do not need a church or a defined religion to believe in these things or have good morals and be a good person. And to allow ancient texts to dictate or lives is only holding back humanity from achieving utopia which should be humanity's goal.

I am however quite proud of the Catholic Church trying to evolve and match a modern society. Accepting the potential existence of aliens and being more kind and accepting of homosexuality and people in general. But it still has a long way to go... Independent Christian churches in the US however are utterly disgusting and should be banned.

Spoiler
[close]

People read one page of a Hitchens book or watch a 30 second Richard Dawkins video and all of a sudden they start hating on religion. I'm not arguing about the validity of religion or "Religions truths". If religion gets people to move forward in life it's beneficial. Certain "delusions" can be beneficial to your life.

Also, this notion of people being "bad" cos of religion and that the world would be sunshine and rainbows without it is absolutely retarded. The weak die the powerful thrive.

I should clarify I am not hating on religion. I am hating on organized religion. Especially Christianity in the US. You do not understand because you have never witnessed it being from the EU. In NA many of these churches turn to cults. They teach kids that the world is ending every other week and to fear a wrathful god and eternal damnation. They literally brainwash their congregations and make them hate anyone not in their churches and they keep their members living in fear. They also take donations for personal gains and pretend its gods will that they have private jets and mega mansions. And my beliefs are based off my life experiences and what I have observed around me. Ive spent more time thinking about my beliefs then anything else in life. And again I am not against people using religion to comfort themselves and find some kind of meaning or purpose. But when they start using that religion to judge others and spread hatred and fear, I draw the line. Many of these fuckers literally pretend to be actual prophets that speak to god directly. And millions believe them... Its disgustingly sad.

Trust, there are certain coutries in the EU that are run by the church.

which is wrong and these countries need to fix that
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #198 on: July 07, 2021, 09:14:55 pm »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2021, 09:59:13 pm »
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2021, 10:07:36 pm »

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2021, 10:24:36 pm »

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2021, 03:16:36 am »
Image from Gyazo" width="1203

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2021, 06:16:43 am »
I'm too lazy to type essays right now so if you care enough to hear my apologetics on Christianity its on this thread
I can see why you're stopping your posts now and why you failed to reply to Winter's last post on that thread, you realized that your arguments are untenable. Thanks for linking this, it saved us a lot of time in this thread :)
Lol i'm smarter than you stay in your lane.

This is the main reason why the Catholic Church is a joke and Orthodoxy is the only way. Christianity has never been about accepting other religions or different worldviews of people. This is a total post-modern perversion of Christianity in order to make it more appealing to a broader audience. There is no room for lukewarm Christians in this age. God does not tolerate the worship of false idols/gods. Just say you lack discipline and don't like to be held accountable for your actions so you'd rather live guilt free in sin. There is only one God and his way is the only way. I started off Roman Catholic - Atheist - Orthodox so i'm sure you'll revert soon enough when Christ decides to bring you back to him.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2021, 08:35:45 am »
Time for another crusade then I suppose?
How can you even decide which religion is correct when there's been hundreds if not thousands of different religions? Most of which predate christianity and why doesn't god just tell us he's real and end all religious conflicts? With the state the world is in if any god exists he/she/it must be a giant asshole for letting people suffer starvation, dieseas and don't tell me the bullshit "it's the devils work" when god is supposed to be all powerful.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2021, 09:12:25 am »
just dont get religious so no one can tell you what to like and what not, problem solved

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2021, 01:47:40 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2021, 02:38:05 pm »
Lol why would I choose to be gay? What benefit do I get? Maybe it's the privilege of being held by men whilst I'm getting tossed off a building, or the constant amount of homophobic remarks I'd recieve, it's just teasing right? Actually, maybe it's the privilege of not having my own children and resort to adopting children that have been left behind by straight couples, o o o wait - maybe it's the privilege of sin.

You'd actually be moronic to believe that any gay person would 'choose' to be gay; if I had the choice I'd almost certainly switch in a heartbeat.
varadin told me its because you are obsessed with demons

I did buy someone the satanic bible as a secret santa gift tbf
tbh fietta is one big sexymotherfucker

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2021, 02:40:48 pm »
Time for another crusade then I suppose?
How can you even decide which religion is correct when there's been hundreds if not thousands of different religions? Most of which predate christianity and why doesn't god just tell us he's real and end all religious conflicts? With the state the world is in if any god exists he/she/it must be a giant asshole for letting people suffer starvation, dieseas and don't tell me the bullshit "it's the devils work" when god is supposed to be all powerful.
Freewill exists and he did show us he's real through the Son Jesus Christ. How is he bad if this is the life we chose for ourselves and he let us choose it? This is the point of faith...to believe regardless of empirical data because you know its true. Science is great as a tool for creating things, but not as a way of explaining existence.

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2021, 02:41:05 pm »
You know what really grinds my gears
Loud eaters and people who don’t say thankyou when you let them out of a junction.