Author Topic: [RGL4] Main Thread  (Read 123699 times)

Tournesol

Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 4)
« Reply #660 on: March 12, 2017, 08:56:24 pm »
Well played 15th

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #661 on: March 12, 2017, 08:58:31 pm »
Spoiler
85e 14 - 6 15thYR

Nice melee and well played from both sides  ;)

Quite a complicated match at the start, you guys gave us a run for our money, and a special mention for your excellent sportmanship, not every regiment would have agree on reseting that round. Thanks for being our referee aswell Mousso. ;)

Video to be uploaded within the days.
The players on your left flank need to dry the sweat off them, absolutely destroyed us.  :'(
[close]

One of the player on our left flank, Tibérias, was absolutely mad this evening, I think he was sitting on close to 40 kills with both score added up (before and after the reset) and made countless of openings or keys kills.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #662 on: March 12, 2017, 09:03:31 pm »
85e 14 - 6 15thYR

Nice melee and well played from both sides  ;)

Quite a complicated match at the start, you guys gave us a run for our money, and a special mention for your excellent sportmanship, not every regiment would have agree on reseting that round. Thanks for being our referee aswell Mousso. ;)

Video to be uploaded within the days.

Yeah the comeback after the 5-5 was real, like the beast had finally awoken.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #663 on: March 12, 2017, 09:16:02 pm »
17e 15-5 72nd
Nice match :)

GG indeed  :D

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #664 on: March 12, 2017, 09:35:58 pm »
Well played 85e, tense beginning  :)

Spoiler
Fucking late game  :'(
*dreams get crushed*
[close]
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Razz

• Private
  • Col of the 84th, Lead of the RG, Cpt of the 12thVA
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Nick: [RG]84th_Col_Razz
« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2017, 10:13:18 pm »
Good day everyone,

I hereby intend to inform you all that the 84th has decided to drop out of the RGL.
No hard feelings, it is that 84th has taken a turn towards more casual gameplay.
We may return in the future, but that is something for later :)

Thank you all for the matches we had, and good luck!

Razz, on behalf of the few competetive players left in the 84th ;)

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 12, 2017, 11:07:11 pm »
Could I propose 2 rule changes:

1) No fisting is removed.  Silly rule.

2) If both sides bring say 20v20 and then 1 round magically 5 *crash* then the other side is allowed to play 16v15. If 1 player *crashes* in a round then next round another *has to go eat* until the team has 15 members left then the opposite side should play 16v15. All I'm saying is that to reduce "tryharding" i.e. sending all bad players to spec try and introduce a rule which gives the opposite side an extra player.

Example: 15e vs K-KA (Call me biased, I am). Both sides bring 21v21. Score gets to about 7-1 with about 20v20. 1 player gets swapped to spec (He has 100hrs). This is ok but sad for the 100hr guy. Score gets to about 8-1 or something. Suddenly its now 15v15 because 5 people are told they are too bad and can no longer play. Now K-KA is a reg where we don't have an event daily so to have to prevent people from playing despite knowing they had at one point 21 players is a pretty poor display.

This competition shouldn't have to be a case where a reg drops down to 15v15 or in some cases invites players to the steam group so they can play 1 game vs a major side  ::)

#MakeRGLCasualButFunAndGreatAgain

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #667 on: March 13, 2017, 12:20:37 am »
Regiments: 17e vs 77y
Date: 19.03.2017 / 7 GMT
Ref : dont mind.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 13, 2017, 12:47:20 am »
@Bob

The thing is, we all have different approach concerning events such as the RGL. I understand that some regiments would prefer it to take a more 'casual' turn, however there are always been others which prefer the 'competitive' aspect and therefore, are most likely to play in a 15v15 gf format instead of a 20v20 for exemple.

Speaking about the 85e, the RGL is one if not our most competitive event out of the whole week, which is why we have a dedicated line-up for it and don't bring the whole regiment at events (except specs). Call us try-harder all you want, I don't see it in a bad way as it remains a competitive event which aims to see which regiment is the best in melee, nothing else. Our players know that they have other events such as GF trainings, 2v2, 1v1 and larger scale events where they can play no matter their level.

And we're one regiment among many, as I said earlier on, each leader has a different way of thinking, but none should enforce their way of thinking upon others, but simply follow the principles established at the begining of the season, which are the same since the RGL exists.

However, I agree the rule on fisting should be removed, as I'm quite sure its not even enforced (wasn't in our matches atleast).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:49:50 am by Tardet »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #669 on: March 13, 2017, 01:37:40 am »
Competitiveness is fine but if your going to pick 15 of your best do it at the start so as to not waste the other team's time. I had people wasting their time in spec mid game hoping 15e would spawn their people in.

As for the fisting, pointless rule.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 13, 2017, 01:43:48 am »
Competitiveness is fine but if your going to pick 15 of your best do it at the start so as to not waste the other team's time. I had people wasting their time in spec mid game hoping 15e would spawn their people in.

As for the fisting, pointless rule.

Best thing would be to pick a number and stick to it, so like for exemple if you say you're bringing 20, and then you start losing, then I agree that getting back to 15 (and sitting out 5 of your players) just to get a chance is actually quite scummy and should be somewhat prevented. But its also important to take into account that some people (atleast for the 85e) just come to spec their mates playing, and know that they won't get to play. It comes down to good communication bewteen both leaders to make sure that the other regiment knows it aswell, and don't get their guys to stay on for nothing, as you fairly pointed it out.

Offline Moussolini

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 13, 2017, 01:46:01 am »
There is no explicit rule against fisting, so unless you interpret fists as a melee weapon (where it's explicit that only bayonet as a melee weapon is allowed) the given referee is free to allow it.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 13, 2017, 04:26:26 am »
Tardet. You make a good point about sticking to a number etc. I'm more referring to suddenly dropping players I.e 21 to 15 during a live game. As for enabling over events for all to play sounds nice.

I would also say that if you're sticking to say 15 don't bring 3 or so specs against a reg with 30 and refuse to play the specs ;)

Let's at least try and make this community a bit nicer :).

Bottom line, don't bring specs with no intent of playing the specs. Because I couldn't imagine being in spec knowing the other side spec is happily watching and not being able to play because a side isn't playing their specs.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:28:43 am by bobertini »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 13, 2017, 04:30:47 am »
Tardet. You make a good point about sticking to a number etc. I'm more referring to suddenly dropping players I.e 21 to 15 during a live game. As for enabling over events for all to play sounds nice.

Oh alright, probably miss-interepreted a part of your message but that's the same thing than Pride said and I kinda agree to it so fair enough!

Bottom line, don't bring specs with no intent of playing the specs. Because I couldn't imagine being in spec knowing the other side spec is happily watching and not being able to play because a side isn't playing their specs.

Then again, I totaly understand what you mean but I guess it could easily be avoided by just having leader talking about it before-hand and making sure that they know what to expect. Eventually, there is no perfect situation but I agree it could be improved from what it currently is.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 04:38:17 am by Tardet »

Offline RebelliouS

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr24_RebelliouS
  • Side: Union
« Reply #674 on: March 13, 2017, 08:20:11 am »

Oh alright, probably miss-interepreted a part of your message but that's the same thing than Pride said and I kinda agree to it so fair enough!

Then again, I totaly understand what you mean but I guess it could easily be avoided by just having leader talking about it before-hand and making sure that they know what to expect. Eventually, there is no perfect situation but I agree it could be improved from what it currently is.

Le Tardet cheerleader of both native and NW FRA team so pro , sick determintion great solutions !!! Omelette au fromage