Author Topic: Forum Games: Announcements, Discussion, and Resolutions Board  (Read 141089 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Forum Games Discussion
« Reply #450 on: March 13, 2016, 05:12:39 pm »
I could literally apply the same logic to your BoP: 1914 game. Why don't you just go and play Vic 2? And to answer your question, because NA and EU.
BoP 1914 is nothing like Vic 2 though ???

Fog of war idea that you had Mclovin is kinda of stupid for a forum game. It will not work.

So how does creating your own nation work? Will like everyone just create an extremely op nation or would there be limits on certain things?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:20:36 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #451 on: March 13, 2016, 05:49:30 pm »
So how does creating your own nation work? Will like everyone just create an extremely op nation or would there be limits on certain things?
There should be a balance (big nation, poor tech) and it should make sense with its history and culture.

We were thinking about starting in 1920 and I wrote a small backstory thingy:
"BoP: Iropia

The year is 1920. The Great Empire of Iropia completly collapsed few years ago after many years of rebellions and disagreements between its people, giving birth to many new nations and ideas. Some nations wish to rebuild the Empire, some wish spread their ideologies, and some just wish to develop and grow their nation in peace.

"BoP: Iropia" is a Balance of Power (BoP) styled game and in an alternate Earth kind of planet, focusing on the continent of Iropia. Even though there are other continents around the continent of Iropia, other continents are mainly just for show and trading and maybe for late-game expanding. The starting year is 1920, when many nations were being ruled by dictators and facism and communism were being introduced."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 05:53:18 pm by OttoFIN »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #452 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:40 pm »
There should be a balance (big nation, poor tech) and it should make sense with its history and culture.

We were thinking about starting in 1920 and I wrote a small backstory thingy:
"BoP: Iropia

The year is 1920. The Great Empire of Iropia completly collapsed few years ago after many years of rebellions and disagreements between its people, giving birth to many new nations and ideas. Some nations wish to rebuild the Empire, some wish spread their ideologies, and some just wish to develop and grow their nation in peace.

"BoP: Iropia" is a Balance of Power (BoP) styled game and in an alternate Earth kind of planet, focusing on the continent of Iropia. Even though there are other continents around the continent of Iropia, other continents are mainly just for show and trading and maybe for late-game expanding. The starting year is 1920, when many nations were being ruled by dictators and facism and communism were being introduced."

I don't think that an alternate world would work in a BoP format. We have no knowledge of the nation, and I don't think that I would be able to roleplay with a nation that I don't know anything about. The idea seems good though, and I would enjoy it. If we could write like a backstory of our nation then I'd be fine with that. Also, I think that players should roleplay with their nations a bit, like creating your own events within your own country, as long as it isn't benefitting you.

A map wouldn't be a problem, it's probably the most easy thing about the forum game.

BoP 1914 is nothing like Vic 2 though

I was refering to the map, which is ripped from Victoria 2.

Fog of war idea that you had Mclovin is kinda of stupid for a forum game. It will not work.

Not really, it would make sense in a game that started in ancient times. The fog of war would span across all of the existing nations and if you send out explorers more of the map is updated -- this would be removed for the rest of the game too, but, meh, you have to compromise these things. And it could work, it's never been tried before.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 13, 2016, 06:42:02 pm »
Fog of war isn't bad for certain games but for a forum game it just doesn't make sense. Like how would you even do it? Would pm everyone a map that they can see and then keep it constantly updated with how they explore?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:44:22 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #454 on: March 13, 2016, 06:44:46 pm »
Fog of war isn't bad for certain games but for a forum game it just doesn't make sense. Like how would you even do it? Would pm everyone a map that they can see and then keep it constantly updated with how they explore?
That would be a bitch and a half
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 13, 2016, 06:46:55 pm »
your a bitch and a half. Yea I just called you fat. What you gonna do bout it?

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 13, 2016, 06:47:43 pm »

Ur right. It was idea...  :'(

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #457 on: March 13, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »
your a bitch and a half. Yea I just called you fat. What you gonna do bout it?
imma cut yo nan
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 14, 2016, 05:11:42 pm »
Calradia BoP?

Offline Stark99

• Major
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/groups/allagainst63econspiracy#
  • Nick: [3DM] Stark [79th]
« Reply #459 on: March 14, 2016, 06:12:41 pm »
Calradia BoP?
Not enough nations i tink
Stark. For being a supporter of the IRA I will not permit you to take part in any forum games I GM.
DOWN WITH DUURING

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 14, 2016, 07:05:34 pm »
Calradia BoP?
Not enough nations i tink
ogooooooood how about fantasy fantasy Calradia with some new nations/ or lets play Roll to dodge k?

Offline Volk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 15, 2016, 02:20:14 am »
Calradia BoP?
Go play Native

As of now Otto and I are doing the framework of the new fantasy BoP: Iropia game. You know, the one where players create their own nations, culture, history and relations and whatnot, we plug it into the custom map and play from, say for example, the age of sail to the cold war.

As of now it is still in developmental stage, we have yet to fully come up with what we are going to do or if we are even going to attempt this project altogether.

However, if we are going to go forward with this, here is what we are currently doing:

-Map. Otto and I created an EXTREMELY rough draft of the map the game might be on. It is nothing but lines on white background with some minor details right now, however we plan on finalizing the map and then sending it either to some people I know who make good maps or going on a map-making forum and hiring a few of them to professionally make our map.

-Setting. We still don't really know what the setting would be. IE Medieval to "Napoleonic", Age of Sail to WW1, something to something, etc etc. You get the idea. Once we decide what technological time period the game will parallel at the start we'll start building the entire game around that and the future.

-Universe. There will be some backstory, hopefully. Not much, just enough to give the player created nations something to start with. A popular idea Otto and I were thinking was "Previously all-encompassing empire (Totally-Not-Romans.exe) has fallen. Few generations later this is the mess that is left. Create your nations, histories, cultures and whatnot". However we might change or edit depending on what we decide upon.

We're already in the process of making finalizing the rough draft of the map as well as finally agreeing upon what actually the game will be. Input is always welcome. This will take a long time obviously so Stark, McLovin, and Dazzer, please don't bug us to "finefinefine just start already!".

Other than that nothing to report. We won't be using a "Totally-Not-Eurasia" map, that's just too lazy. As of now to be honest the world looks like a potato.

Remember, input is appreciated, but don't adamantly demand a feature be in place with no explanation then rage because we ignored you.

As of now I guess I am leading this project, although I really hope Otto can pick up more of the project so I'm not burdened running 4 different BoPs.

I hope I won't have to GM but... I mean if nobody else wants to when it is time to start I guess I'll GM...

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 15, 2016, 09:05:17 am »
Remove my name, Volk.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:42:41 pm by The Mighty McLovin »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 15, 2016, 01:18:59 pm »
Calradia BoP?
. This will take a long time obviously so Stark, McLovin, and Dazzer, please don't bug us to "finefinefine just start already!".
I never did that lol

Calradia BoP?
Go play Native
Go play Verdun instead of playing WWI BoP then...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:20:49 pm by Dazzer »

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 15, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »
Calradia BoP?
. This will take a long time obviously so Stark, McLovin, and Dazzer, please don't bug us to "finefinefine just start already!".
I never did that lol

Calradia BoP?
Go play Native
Go play Verdun instead of playing WWI BoP then...

Hi bae
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.