Author Topic: Groupfighting matchmaking  (Read 5375 times)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
Groupfighting matchmaking
« on: January 20, 2016, 10:24:23 pm »
Matchmaking makes most games what they are. CSGO, Dota 2, League of legends ect...

It would be amazing if FSE had match making for 5v5 Groupfighting or nagroupfighting.com

You login, hop in a queue and once 10 people are in queue it starts the match and evens the teams relative to the elo of each player.

what do you guys think
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:36:16 pm by Coconut »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Groupfighting matchmaking
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:39:28 pm »
Sadly wont happen, but it could be done via a website.
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:41:09 pm »
That would be cool, though interesting to see if the matches would be actually balanced.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:44:38 pm »
Would have love having the same for Native, 8v8 or 5v5 sadly I think neither TW or FSE will do something about it cause they ain't having the time nor the interest for that
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 10:50:37 pm »
Would need a website with coding and a server with scripts

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:09:12 pm »
It could create an issue tho with the fact that someone like Evan for example rarely plays gf but is still a lot better than most of the really active people so his elo might be very low where as people who are on everyday, although not as skilled would be a lot higher.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:19:39 pm »
I think it would bring a lot of people back to the game if there was ranked progression

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 11:24:05 pm »
Probably also true, it would make it seem like you are playing for something. (Just like old gf leaderboards did).

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 01:27:57 am »
Any devs thought on how nw would be with this, or if it came up in a discussion about BCoF?

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 03:30:38 am »
I would kill for this

an alternative.. you could start a teamspeak server where players can join different lobbies for 10 man's. teams would be picked schoolyard style, with 2 team captains. you would just need a few servers on NA and EU with 12 slots or so (a few extra for specs and admins if need be)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:40:11 am by FancyPants »

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 04:39:30 am »
This sounds a lot of how games like CS:GO does FPL. But it would be cool to see it implemented, sadly those are just fantasies.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 05:59:03 am »
Don't have to be. Make a thread, get a ts, server, and do schoolyard style. People get points for kd, wins, level of opponent, all that.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 06:21:35 am »
Don't have to be. Make a thread, get a ts, server, and do schoolyard style. People get points for kd, wins, level of opponent, all that.
Yeah thats what I was thinking, A website would take way much coding and probably wont even work. That schoolyard thing sounds epic tho, I think I'll steal that idea for a tourny
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:24:10 am by Coconut »

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 07:05:06 am »
Why just a tourny ? We just need 2 dedicated peeps to do this and a few guys that can buy the ts and a few servers. I would do it, but NWWC is stealing my time :(
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 09:09:28 am »
Yeah thats what I was thinking, A website would take way much coding and probably wont even work. That schoolyard thing sounds epic tho, I think I'll steal that idea for a tourny
I mean you could have a website that keeps track of scoreboards, that's been done many times before. Doesn't have to self match-make them but at least this way you could keep on top of who is on top easily.