Author Topic: I made a NW Let's Play  (Read 3528 times)

Offline cretaceous_bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
I made a NW Let's Play
« on: June 20, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »
I like this game so much I wanted to show it to people, so I recorded a Let's Play with some friends of mine.

[youtube]imqCp449Hho[/youtube]

By the way, I know I played like total ass, but in my defense I was using a 360 controller and it's pretty tough to play that way, at least until I mess with my Xpadder settings some more. It's all I could use at the time, though.

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
  • Side: Neutral
Re: I made a NW Let's Play
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:19:37 pm »
Melee in first person, using a 360 remote and as a rifleman.   :o L2P
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline cretaceous_bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:58:04 pm »
I also picked an artillery class to be stupid and fought two guys on horseback. Maybe I don't need to play for serious every second. I had a 360 controller and my wireless mouse was broken. It was either play it with the 360 controller or not at all, and I wanted to show a cool game to people. And it'd be stupid to even try to play NW for serious with a 360 controller.

Offline Mathias

• Captain
  • 1st place 1v1 and a little more since I forgot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »
I replied on your video about joining a regiment to get more publicity try going to a big NA regiment Ex: 12th, 21e, 3eVolt, 33rd etc  :)

Offline cretaceous_bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:38:56 pm »
Trust me, I'd like to join a regiment and get in some line battles, but as I said on the youtube page, for some reason I get really bad headaches playing this game, so it's kind of hard for me to invest long periods of time into the game. I also don't really have enough time to really get good at any game, let alone this one.

But I'll still have some dumb fun with NW.

Offline Mathias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:24 pm »
Trust me, I'd like to join a regiment and get in some line battles, but as I said on the youtube page, for some reason I get really bad headaches playing this game, so it's kind of hard for me to invest long periods of time into the game. I also don't really have enough time to really get good at any game, let alone this one.

But I'll still have some dumb fun with NW.
You don't have to be good at this game heck you can join in on the glory of winning with your team which is fun by itself you don't have to invest 700 hrs like me just 1hr or 2 a day and in turn you get views and have alot fun with other people and make new friends. About the headaches are you REALLY BAD at this game because I got headaches to when I was new?   :-\

Offline cretaceous_bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:20:19 pm »
You don't have to be good at this game heck you can join in on the glory of winning with your team which is fun by itself you don't have to invest 700 hrs like me just 1hr or 2 a day and in turn you get views and have alot fun with other people and make new friends. About the headaches are you REALLY BAD at this game because I got headaches to when I was new?   :-\
No, when I play for real in general TDM games I have a positive KDR. I normally never get headaches from games, no matter how I'm playing. I am pretty sensitive to getting headaches from my eyes; I can't wear glasses that are the least bit off of the prescription my eyes actually need or I will have unbearable headaches. I get the same sort of headaches from NW, so I don't know what it is. It could be the colour palette, or the FOV, or something else I guess. But something strains my eyes to look at NW. The headaches will take days to go away sometimes. But I keep playing NW. I've even played it for hours with the headche, just 'cause I wanted to that bad.

Well, I more just meant I literally don't have the time. When I have the time I'm more than happy to pour hours into a game, and NW is awesome. But even 1 or 2 hours a day is too much. I'm lucky to get that much a week.

Offline Mathias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:52:49 pm »
No, when I play for real in general TDM games I have a positive KDR. I normally never get headaches from games, no matter how I'm playing. I am pretty sensitive to getting headaches from my eyes; I can't wear glasses that are the least bit off of the prescription my eyes actually need or I will have unbearable headaches. I get the same sort of headaches from NW, so I don't know what it is. It could be the colour palette, or the FOV, or something else I guess. But something strains my eyes to look at NW. The headaches will take days to go away sometimes. But I keep playing NW. I've even played it for hours with the headche, just 'cause I wanted to that bad.

Well, I more just meant I literally don't have the time. When I have the time I'm more than happy to pour hours into a game, and NW is awesome. But even 1 or 2 hours a day is too much. I'm lucky to get that much a week.
Ok I understand the problem :P

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 08:53:08 am »
great video! :)
Pointy stick champion

Offline cretaceous_bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 05:54:00 pm »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:06 pm »
Shouldn't this have been posted under media?

Regardless I will take a look at your video when I get home and tell you what I think about it.

Offline cretaceous_bob

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 07:43:48 pm »
Shouldn't this have been posted under media?

Regardless I will take a look at your video when I get home and tell you what I think about it.
Sorry if it was. I took a look in there and it seemed to be for more serious stuff that was more skilled/unusual gameplay focused.

Offline 54th_Col_Alaric

• Private
  • The 54th Regiment of foot
    • View Profile
    • Official 54th Website
  • Nick: Alaric
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 12:38:55 am »
I replied on your video about joining a regiment to get more publicity try going to a big NA regiment Ex: 12th, 21e, 3eVolt, 33rd etc  :)

Or joining my 54th Regiment, we are very active, (40 active)  (48 members)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 12:55:18 am »

Christ. Have you no shame?
Pointy stick champion

Offline Mathias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 06:38:05 am »

He just said that he can't join one -_-