Author Topic: [RGL5] Main Thread  (Read 216686 times)

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: RGL - Regimental Groupfighting League (Season 5)
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2017, 02:48:01 pm »
We will be testing the ft20 format at first and adjust to your preferences if we get complaints about too long matches after the first matchweeks. Considering the team changes, we will most likely make a poll about this.

Spoiler
With such a numerical decline in the community it now makes sense for regiments to submit a team roster with player GUIDs. The league should be divided up into 4-5 stages (a stage consisting of 2-3 matches). At the end of each stage there should be a 2-3 day period where all players that wish to join new teams can (this includes external players wishing to join teams that are in the tournament). These changes should be listed on a post at the end of each stage. Whitelist the servers so that anyone who has not complied with the policy will simply be banned. In the past people have criticised this approach stating that it is too much effort but frankly every single RGL since season 2 has been plagued by the problem of double reggers so putting a little more time an effort in to construct watertight format is in the best interests of the organisers and the regiments.

The second point regarding people being in two regiments, one casual and one competitive, is virtually impossible to prevent. One can only manage the members that are in the RGL but there is no way of finding out what other regiments they are in if they really want that to remain hidden. A policy like that which the EIC introduced where no double regging of any form was allowed could be a start but it was hard to enforce then and it will be hard to enforce now.

Also, for once, can the organisers set up a criteria for accepting regiments rather than just going with whoever signs up. It is better to have a smaller roster of participating regiments who you know will stay till the end than have a larger roster which is half empty by the end of the season due to unstable regiments dropping.
[close]

I tried to implement a roster rule in season 2 but got huge backclash against it so I'm curious what the opinions about this are like now. We're thinking about this so if you want it or dont want it, it would be great to give us your feedback.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 02:49:41 pm »
I would support a roster rule 100%
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 02:51:57 pm »

Offline eXt_kill

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Plk_eXt_kill
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »
Name : 96y Dneprovskiy Pehotniy Polk
Team-Captain: eXt_kill       
Team-Captain's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198100704620/
Normal Attendance:  20   

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2017, 03:29:29 pm »
I agree with Bob. There are some people who are in a Competitive regiment and also a casual regiment. But barely attend the Competitive regiments event, therefore kinda only mercing for them. I feel that members should 1. only be allowed to play for 1 team per season. But also only be in the competitive regiment. To avoid people attending only for RGL matches whilst playing for their casual regiment.

Am I not competetive then if I can´t attend the matches during the week but other ones (maybe in another regiment) at the weekend? Not attacking you here, but this is ridiculous. If one decides to be in 2 regiments at the same time, it´s his but also the regiment leaders decision at all, we don´t need to discuss reg-hopping or doubleregging, it´s clear that this should be avoided.
I see your point and I´m also "against" that, but where does "barely attend the Competitive regiments event, therefore kinda only mercing for them" begin and end? Neither would I know how you´d enforce it practically, but if you have a version tell us...
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2017, 03:31:54 pm »
Name: Harford
Steam: Subliz with some kewl smileys
Experience: Changing Times (1v1 and 2v2, hosted by Tardet), EIC
Why you want to be a Referee: to grab'em by the pussy (aka enforce the rules and make sure ppl will enjoy the game)
When do you have time: from 6pm gmt to 11pm gmt i'd say

Name:SkY
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198062296223/
Experience: have always been
Why you want to be a Referee: u need refs
When do you have time: no clue yet

Name: Elias
Steam: Ihr habt mich eh
Experience: NWL/RGL-Ref, some german Leauges, some LB`s
Why you want to be a Referee: Have been Admin in the last RGL season and maybe its even kinda fun i guess
When do you have time: Every day except for Friday and Saturday

Accepted

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
Gaz is too lazy to post so this is on his behalf

Name :77y               
Team-Captain: Gaz             
Team-Captain's Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009894136/               
Normal Attendance: 15-20   

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »
We will be testing the ft20 format at first and adjust to your preferences if we get complaints about too long matches after the first matchweeks. Considering the team changes, we will most likely make a poll about this.

Spoiler
With such a numerical decline in the community it now makes sense for regiments to submit a team roster with player GUIDs. The league should be divided up into 4-5 stages (a stage consisting of 2-3 matches). At the end of each stage there should be a 2-3 day period where all players that wish to join new teams can (this includes external players wishing to join teams that are in the tournament). These changes should be listed on a post at the end of each stage. Whitelist the servers so that anyone who has not complied with the policy will simply be banned. In the past people have criticised this approach stating that it is too much effort but frankly every single RGL since season 2 has been plagued by the problem of double reggers so putting a little more time an effort in to construct watertight format is in the best interests of the organisers and the regiments.

The second point regarding people being in two regiments, one casual and one competitive, is virtually impossible to prevent. One can only manage the members that are in the RGL but there is no way of finding out what other regiments they are in if they really want that to remain hidden. A policy like that which the EIC introduced where no double regging of any form was allowed could be a start but it was hard to enforce then and it will be hard to enforce now.

Also, for once, can the organisers set up a criteria for accepting regiments rather than just going with whoever signs up. It is better to have a smaller roster of participating regiments who you know will stay till the end than have a larger roster which is half empty by the end of the season due to unstable regiments dropping.
[close]

I tried to implement a roster rule in season 2 but got huge backclash against it so I'm curious what the opinions about this are like now. We're thinking about this so if you want it or dont want it, it would be great to give us your feedback.
I don't think it's a bad idea provided it's implemented well. E.g. you can make changes every month or so.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:17 pm »
I agree with Bob. There are some people who are in a Competitive regiment and also a casual regiment. But barely attend the Competitive regiments event, therefore kinda only mercing for them. I feel that members should 1. only be allowed to play for 1 team per season. But also only be in the competitive regiment. To avoid people attending only for RGL matches whilst playing for their casual regiment.

Am I not competetive then if I can´t attend the matches during the week but other ones (maybe in another regiment) at the weekend? Not attacking you here, but this is ridiculous. If one decides to be in 2 regiments at the same time, it´s his but also the regiment leaders decision at all, we don´t need to discuss reg-hopping or doubleregging, it´s clear that this should be avoided.
I see your point and I´m also "against" that, but where does "barely attend the Competitive regiments event, therefore kinda only mercing for them" begin and end? Neither would I know how you´d enforce it practically, but if you have a version tell us...

Exactly, the discretion should be given to a joint decision between regimental leaders and organisers, on who exactly is an invite and who isn't. Case by case basis is the only way to ensure the league is fair and invites are not being used. If one regiment accuses another of using invites or whatever they should attempt to provide evidence and the organisers should either ban the culprit from RGL or the regiment in extreme cases.

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2017, 03:54:05 pm »

As if you would be in the line up of any competitive team for RGL memes + simply stick to one regiment there is always the thing called inviting which you can if your regiment does not have an event.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »
Name: DarkTemplar
Steam: [72nd] DarkTemplar
Experience: RGL, NWL; EIC
Why you want to be a Referee: cause
When do you have time: don't know exactly but at least sunday's

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2017, 04:11:38 pm »

As if you would be in the line up of any competitive team for RGL memes + simply stick to one regiment there is always the thing called inviting which you can if your regiment does not have an event.

Hello Throwupthex replaced me in spec, I´m playing often now!!!!
Also with the second sentence you´ve proven that you have no clue what I was meaning
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2017, 04:38:40 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

I posted a similar solution then. The reason why it received so much backlash is because there were simply so many established regiments with large teams that the general consensus was that it would take too long to set up properly. Nowadays with only a few stable regiments left (regiments which are actually going to stay for the duration of the tournament) and a considerably reduced player pool I do not think it should be that complex to sort out. One must remember that if done in the way which I suggested, the labour of the task doesn't solely rest on the shoulders of the organisers. Each regiment leader is responsible for providing the list of GUIDs for their team, then simply submit the list to the organisers. After that it is fairly easy to input the said GUIDs into a whitelist on each of the servers. When all the GUIDs are in the system, the 'transfer window' element is fairly self explanatory. Let's say there are 12 weeks (just an example, you would divide the weeks up 4 stages (so three weeks per stage for the special people out there). During an allotted duration at the end of each stage members of the participating regiments are able to transfer to another regiments roster. In addition to this if a player is part of a regiment that is not playing in the RGL and wishes to join a participating regiment then they can also do so in this period, it goes without saying that once the 'transfer window' is closed all rosters are locked in until the next one.

The only thing the organisers would have to do is post a small list after each window to ensure that all regiments are aware, an example of the format could go something like this:

Stage 1 Window

63e NewPlayer - 0203950   to 36e

N.B. There is no point discussing the topic of 'people being in a casual reg and a comp reg'. Rules have to be able to be enforced in all circumstances, no rule (short of having an RGL inquisition that would go around casual regiments trying to find double reggers) can be implemented that will be able to enforce this, therefore it is a null point. I've never supported double regging as it undeniably takes away from the competitive value of a tournament but it's simply something one has to accept will occur at this point. What the organisers can enforce however, like this GUID roster system should be implemented, at least then if you're playing X regiment you know that they are only using their players.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:46:36 pm by Munj »

Offline Phoen!x

• Major
  • RGL Inventor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2017, 05:27:17 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler

[close]

I posted a similar solution then. The reason why it received so much backlash is because there were simply so many established regiments with large teams that the general consensus was that it would take too long to set up properly. Nowadays with only a few stable regiments left (regiments which are actually going to stay for the duration of the tournament) and a considerably reduced player pool I do not think it should be that complex to sort out. One must remember that if done in the way which I suggested, the labour of the task doesn't solely rest on the shoulders of the organisers. Each regiment leader is responsible for providing the list of GUIDs for their team, then simply submit the list to the organisers. After that it is fairly easy to input the said GUIDs into a whitelist on each of the servers. When all the GUIDs are in the system, the 'transfer window' element is fairly self explanatory. Let's say there are 12 weeks (just an example, you would divide the weeks up 4 stages (so three weeks per stage for the special people out there). During an allotted duration at the end of each stage members of the participating regiments are able to transfer to another regiments roster. In addition to this if a player is part of a regiment that is not playing in the RGL and wishes to join a participating regiment then they can also do so in this period, it goes without saying that once the 'transfer window' is closed all rosters are locked in until the next one.

The only thing the organisers would have to do is post a small list after each window to ensure that all regiments are aware, an example of the format could go something like this:

Stage 1 Window

63e NewPlayer - 0203950   to 36e

N.B. There is no point discussing the topic of 'people being in a casual reg and a comp reg'. Rules have to be able to be enforced in all circumstances, no rule (short of having an RGL inquisition that would go around casual regiments trying to find double reggers) can be implemented that will be able to enforce this, therefore it is a null point. I've never supported double regging as it undeniably takes away from the competitive value of a tournament but it's simply something one has to accept will occur at this point. What the organisers can enforce however, like this GUID roster system should be implemented, at least then if you're playing X regiment you know that they are only using their players.
[close]

As said before, we have quite a concrete idea of what it'd look like. Changes and rosters would be public. A whitelist would prevent players that do not belong to a reg from joining or maybe we even change the whitelist before every match. Private docs would ensure needed statistics such as the numbers of changes of the individual players. If there's no blackclash like last time, we'd be up for it.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2017, 05:35:45 pm »
Reading's Munj essay reminds me that I've still lot to learn. Lots of valid points, glad a constructive discussion can take place even though people don't all agree with eachothers as it became a pretty rare thing.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.