Author Topic: Scots Guards *NA AZW Regiment*  (Read 2792 times)

Offline 85thColonel

• Sergeant
  • 48th Highlanders of Canada Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 48thHoC_Col_McGordon
  • Side: Confederacy
Scots Guards *NA AZW Regiment*
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:57:58 pm »
                                                                                                                 The Scots Guards

The Scots Guards Is an Infantry regiment for the Mod Anglo-Zulu War
We are formed of the men from the 89th Royal Irish Fusiliers (Napoleonic wars DLC regiment)
We drill hard, fight hard and listen to epic bagpipe music while har* (moving on)

:About The Real Regiment: (Not about us trying to act cool at some famous battlefield 8)
The Scots Guards (SG), part of the Guards Division, is one of the Foot Guards regiments of the British Army. Their origins lie in the personal bodyguard of King Charles I of England and Scotland. Its lineage can be traced as far back as 1642, although it was only placed on the English Establishment (thus becoming part of what is now the British Army) in 1686.

The Scots Guards is ranked as the third regiment in the Guards Division; as such, Scots Guardsmen can be recognised by having the buttons on their tunics spaced in threes. The regiment consists of a single operational battalion, which has been based in Catterick since 2008, in the armoured infantry role. However, since 1993, the regiment has also maintained an independent company, F Company, permanently based in Wellington Barracks, London on public duties. It is the custodian of the colours and traditions of the 2nd Battalion, which was placed in permanent suspended animation in 1993 as a result of Options for Change. 1st Battalion will be equipped with Mastiff Vehicles under Army 2020 and be under 12th Armoured Infantry Brigade.

Our Ranks:
Spoiler
Colonel - Col
Lieutenant Colonel - LtCol
Major -  Major
Captain - Cpt
Lieutenant - Lt
Ensign - Ens

Regimental Serjeant Major - RSM
Serjeant Major - SjtMaj
Colour Serjeant - CSjt
Serjeant - Sjt