Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 102102 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2015, 12:42:19 am »
So I thought about making piper and own drummer for Covenanters, but one unit can have only 5 ranks: Musketeer, Pikeman, Sergeant, Officer and Ensign. Maybe there is a way how to have 7 ranks, or I will put them to Musican section.
Perhaps add a similar feature that N&S has for their infantry selection section but add it for the ranks?

Yeah, but I have no idea how to do that :D . I saw in War of 1812 mod there were more ranks for unit, so it must be somehow possible, but with my skills it would not be
Check your PMs on FSE. I sent you the method, I hope it works for you.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2015, 08:55:52 pm »
Scottish Trooper

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2015, 09:15:30 pm »
Why don't you post screenshots in high quality btw? Anyway, nice job.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »
Why don't you post screenshots in high quality btw? Anyway, nice job.

Thanks

Guys, I need your help. Tell me what you think
What lobster looks better?

or

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2015, 09:47:23 pm »
I personally prefer the first one as it looks a little darker, armour does look dark like that in most pictures I see of re-enactors. The second one looks a little too clean/new. If the armour was the same colour it may not matter as much but even then after being on campaign for a while and most likely keeping the same set it would most definitely look darker.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:05:04 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »
I personally prefer the first one as it looks a little darker, armour does look dark like that in most pictures I see of re-enactors. The second one looks a little too clean/new. If the armour was the same colour it may not matter as much but even then after being con campaign for a while and most likely keeping the same set it would most definitely look darker.

Thanks

I want to ask, do you have any images of Prince Rupert's horse? Were they blue or red?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:12:59 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2015, 10:34:20 pm »
I personally prefer the first one as it looks a little darker, armour does look dark like that in most pictures I see of re-enactors. The second one looks a little too clean/new. If the armour was the same colour it may not matter as much but even then after being on campaign for a while and most likely keeping the same set it would most definitely look darker.
The darkness has nothing to do with usage, it's a coating to protect the metal from the elements they used to add.

But personally, if the bottom one had dark armour too, would work.

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2015, 11:28:11 pm »
i prefer the first one, looks better with the armor and the bottom one's color doesnt look good to me imo

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2015, 03:09:44 am »
I personally prefer the first one as it looks a little darker, armour does look dark like that in most pictures I see of re-enactors. The second one looks a little too clean/new. If the armour was the same colour it may not matter as much but even then after being con campaign for a while and most likely keeping the same set it would most definitely look darker.

Thanks

I want to ask, do you have any images of Prince Rupert's horse? Were they blue or red?

Sorry for late reply. To my knowledge they were in red. There is evidence that they ordered red uniforms at some point (I don't have the source to hand sadly). However, as the war went on you would probably see a mixture of uniforms. I expect a few more would be in soft hats as well.
  Then again, this source has Prince Rupert Lifeguard (who formed a part of the regiment and were sometimes detached as a separate unit) in blue: http://www.blews-ltb.co.uk/regimentinfo/royalistCoats.asp
  I know Prince Rupert himself probably wore a light blue coat with a montero hat (large white feather of course). I am a little busy tomorrow but will have a look around to see. I believe I may have left the Osprey book on the subject back at University so will have to travel over there at some point to retrieve it.
  EDIT: From Osprey 'Some accounts have survived, such as that of Sir Thomas Dallison, who obtained 300 or 400 yards of red cloth to make cloaks for Prince Rupert's Horse'
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 03:42:53 am by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2015, 09:10:46 am »

Thanks

Sorry for late reply. To my knowledge they were in red. There is evidence that they ordered red uniforms at some point (I don't have the source to hand sadly). However, as the war went on you would probably see a mixture of uniforms. I expect a few more would be in soft hats as well.
  Then again, this source has Prince Rupert Lifeguard (who formed a part of the regiment and were sometimes detached as a separate unit) in blue: http://www.blews-ltb.co.uk/regimentinfo/royalistCoats.asp
  I know Prince Rupert himself probably wore a light blue coat with a montero hat (large white feather of course). I am a little busy tomorrow but will have a look around to see. I believe I may have left the Osprey book on the subject back at University so will have to travel over there at some point to retrieve it.
  EDIT: From Osprey 'Some accounts have survived, such as that of Sir Thomas Dallison, who obtained 300 or 400 yards of red cloth to make cloaks for Prince Rupert's Horse'

Hey, I found this image. I think they are lifeguards

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:16 pm »
Those are bavarians mate.  :P

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2015, 12:49:07 pm »

Lol . I searched for Prince Rupert's horse and this image appeared  :D But why they carry Rupert's horse flag then?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 12:50:56 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »

Lol . I searched for Prince Rupert's horse and this image appeared  :D But why they carry Rupert's horse flag then?
Okay, I had a brain fart.
He was duke of bavaria.  ::)

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2015, 04:14:20 pm »
Do remember that this is how the wargamer has chosen to paint them. Some people prefer to have their figures look nice or fit a particular pattern if there is little evidence available (and to differentiate between units better). As I said, there is that one account (Sir Thomas Dallison who was in Prince Rupert's Horse and killed at Naseby I believe) that has them in red but seeing as though the King's Lifeguard is already in red then to vary the uniforms I don't think there would be too much of an issue if some troopers were in blue. Infact a mixture may be good as there is a difference of what men were meant to wear and what they actually wore. I don't know when he ordered the cloth but it is likely that they would wear out after a short while, and whilst red was a cheaper dye (hence why the New Model adopted it) they would probably have to make do with what was already to hand.
  Personally I would stick with red but perhaps have the trumpeter in blue and give them more soft hats to differentiate the a little from the King's Lifeguard of Horse. A few in other colours wouldn't be too bad either.
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »
Prince Rupert's Cavalry, WIP

Officer. I think the hat is too big. Maybe I will change it