Author Topic: Somebody please tell me how good this PC is?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Somebody please tell me how good this PC is?
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:48:06 pm »
Title. How well would it run top end games?      https://www.gladiatorpc.co.uk/configure/config/66287

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Somebody please tell me how good this PC is?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 01:46:10 am »
Graphic card is very good but also very, very expensive, so you have a computer with a very limited hard drive (128GB SSD  :o) and a limited processor (i5 skylake is good but i7 skylake is better). That's still more than enough for gaming. Just compare the prices with other computers.

Offline Guts

• Private
  • I'm not Gatts, pls leave me alone!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:36 am »
skylake processor + ddr4 ram + 1080 is a good combo, but I would prefer Rx480, cuz 1080 is overrated and very expensive.
I'm not Gatts, pls don't bane me again!!!!

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 11:52:30 am »
Title. How well would it run top end games?      https://www.gladiatorpc.co.uk/configure/config/66287

Great PC mate, SDDs are fast due to no mechanical movement they use transistors for switching rather than your standard analogue drives so brilliant for loading times. Only downside is the storage. I would get a 1TB HDD, store games on your SDD for speed and Mechanical drive for your random crap.
16GB RAM is perfect, no game on the market uses more than that, you will need such high RAM specs for high entity games such as Total War, during early stages there can be some program errors without high optimisation so your computer uses the extra RAM to push through any memory bumps. You won't need any more than 16GB any time soon.
Ok - NVdia are the best for graphics cards, don't let people influence you to get 2Rx440s because you can't go wrong with NVdia, constant updates for optimisation and brilliant customer support. I have 2 GTX 770s and I can play any game at max graphics, 1080 is not going to let you down, very high quality PCB circuitry, their manufacturing for quality is among the best on the planet, I can't garuntee this for other brands and normally just last the life span of the PC - they are in no way over rated in terms of robustness and keeping up to date. They can take a hammering if your PC isn't water cooled.
Mother Board is good with some room for expansion.
Your Processor is great - Quad Core at 3.5GHz, this is standard without over clocking which is more than enough for any game at this time with the right GPU (which it has), it isn't in any way limited, you can go for the i7 if you wish but if you don't have the extra dough the i5 is a more than reliable alternative.
700W is enough power for expansion for your current set up.

Overall this PC is

Above Average for a gaming PC
Looks smart
Room for expansion
And yes, it can play all current games.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:59:43 am by Heist »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:49 am »
Thanks guys it's really good to have received a good in depth explanation too so thanks to heist for that 😄

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:22:05 pm »
Thanks guys it's really good to have received a good in depth explanation too so thanks to heist for that 😄

One more thing, be careful when buying your RAM, people think that 16GB is 16GB of RAM so go for the cheapest shit possible, 16GB of RAM for £200 is better than 16GB for £250 right? Wrong. Speed of the RAM actually matters more, yours is 16x3000MHz which is gaming RAM which is good but some people get ripped off and get 2000MHz and think it's the same then start wondering why their PC is running shit slow for the amount of RAM they have, it's basically like having 6GB of 3000MHz RAM instead of 16 if it's not keeping up with your processor speed. I haven't read the recommendations for your CPU but from what I've read lagging RAM can cause 3 - 23fps difference depending on the game you're playing. Shouldn't be a problem for games like m&b but can be really helpful with high memory games - Total war.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:13:30 pm by Heist »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:47:12 pm »
Okay thanks mate