Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 91900 times)

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150)[Final Match Week]
« Reply #1005 on: April 10, 2019, 05:16:33 am »
Spoiler
i waited 35 mins for you guys to get a fourth. I could of forced a 3v4 or worse a forfeit, but 10 seconds for me to even get a fourth in after the timeout was too much i guess
This is the definition of nice guys finish last
they did have pedro in spec
You can't spawn in after 30 seconds as well as the admin(s) not saying anything.
you left for whatever reason idc pedro instantly came in then the admins swapped him to spec as was the time limit for the timeout
[close]
The reason was because my game was lagging because I tabbed out with stuff in the background. So I closed my game, all the process, and relaunched my game. I tried to join the server but the shitty NW servers were saying "Validating serial key" so it took longer and by then you guys already decided to be scummy and charge without warning. We thought I was going to be back in time, but due to that delay it took longer. It would've been nice to be given a warning and allowed pedro to spawn in, but it doesn't matter.
i mean its nobody's fault but your own that you didn't read the rules about timeouts its the last match of the season should've known em by now
i did not sign up to be Captain, i filled in when we needed one smh. Go quit the league again u big n00b
😂😂😂 LeHorsey getting his mickey mouse MVP just to get dog walked in the finals 😂😂😂

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #1006 on: April 10, 2019, 05:20:26 am »
In a historic match the underdog team Griffins battled an INTENSELY close match with a team they tied earlier this season, Berserkers. This secured Griffins as the 6th seed of the league officially making them eligible for playoff contention and at the same time making Berserkers ineligible.

There was some controversy involving a round in which Berserkers called a timeout, dropped a player, the timeout then ended and the round started. Berserkers played the round with 3 players versus 4 and lost the round. While this is unfortunate, Berserkers could have also called for a second timeout if they did not have enough time in their first minute. It would not really be worth a re-play or redo of that round and that was the general consensus of the mods as well.

An official playoff bracket will be poster later tonight.

Berserkers weren't given enough time to call for their second timeout or spawn Pedro in. As soon as the timeout ended, griffins charged from their spawn and killed berserkers before berserkers even knew what was going on.

Keep in mind, both teams agreed to type "r"/"ready" and wait for a ref to say go at the start of each round. When their timeout was over, the ref didn't ask if either team was ready, nor did they say go. A ref saying "match will resume at 58:40" doesn't mean 1 side is free to charge, it means a timeout is over and the match will continue as it has been, which should mean that berserkers should've at least been given a chance to say they were ready.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1007 on: April 10, 2019, 05:21:24 am »
back to regimental fights
You been back there for a month after burning out of the league in a blazing ball of flame
I mean I stated in my election for CR post that I think 4v4 and wpc slowly kill off compeitive. I think regimental gfs and 1v1s are the best.

Also I didn't burnout. I simply didn't have time to put into the league

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 10, 2019, 05:22:44 am »
8. You may only start when both teams are at their starting point and the team captains have both declared themselves ready.

Except for after a timeout. Then the round starts right away

Did you honestly not realize that was BabyJ being sarcastic, and isn't actually part of rule 8?

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #1009 on: April 10, 2019, 05:25:31 am »
wacky boi

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1010 on: April 10, 2019, 05:36:24 am »
We all know James didn’t read the rules and actually thought that was real
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 10, 2019, 05:36:32 am »
8. You may only start when both teams are at their starting point and the team captains have both declared themselves ready.

Except for after a timeout. Then the round starts right away

Did you honestly not realize that was BabyJ being sarcastic, and isn't actually part of rule 8?
no i didnt just wanted to make it seem as though  :o
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:37:13 am by Windflower »
😂😂😂 LeHorsey getting his mickey mouse MVP just to get dog walked in the finals 😂😂😂

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1012 on: April 10, 2019, 05:36:59 am »
In a historic match the underdog team Griffins battled an INTENSELY close match with a team they tied earlier this season, Berserkers. This secured Griffins as the 6th seed of the league officially making them eligible for playoff contention and at the same time making Berserkers ineligible.

There was some controversy involving a round in which Berserkers called a timeout, dropped a player, the timeout then ended and the round started. Berserkers played the round with 3 players versus 4 and lost the round. While this is unfortunate, Berserkers could have also called for a second timeout if they did not have enough time in their first minute. It would not really be worth a re-play or redo of that round and that was the general consensus of the mods as well.

Berserkers weren't given enough time to call for their second timeout or spawn Pedro in. As soon as the timeout ended, griffins charged from their spawn and killed berserkers before berserkers even knew what was going on.

Keep in mind, both teams agreed to type "r"/"ready" and wait for a ref to say go at the start of each round. When their timeout was over, the ref didn't ask if either team was ready, nor did they say go. A ref saying "match will resume at 58:40" doesn't mean 1 side is free to charge, it means a timeout is over and the match will continue as it has been, which should mean that berserkers should've at least been given a chance to say they were ready.

I think that if you aren't ready after the first timeout you should be kind of ready to call for another one. I believe it could have been prevented on their end as well but that's just my opinion and I was not at the match so I may not have as much insight as others on the matter. The referee Jakester though believed the call to be justified as well but I am not going to comment for him on the matter.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 10, 2019, 05:41:02 am »
anger clouds your judgement

ok retard
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 10, 2019, 05:44:46 am »

I think that if you aren't ready after the first timeout you should be kind of ready to call for another one. I believe it could have been prevented on their end as well but that's just my opinion and I was not at the match so I may not have as much insight as others on the matter. The referee Jakester though believed the call to be justified as well but I am not going to comment for him on the matter.

As soon as the time out ended, griffins charged w/o the referee saying go, or asking if berserkers were ready to continue. It can't be prevented on Berserkers end if, as soon as their timeout ends, the other team is in their spawn murdering them. By the time Horse could've typed "We'd like to use our 2nd timeout" he would've already been dead. The ref should've given teams a chance to ready up, and then type "go" as he had been, instead of randomly changing it for 1 round.

Rule 8 even states both teams have to be ready.

There's literally no reasonable defense for what happened.

Upholding that call just looks bad on the mod team and the league, because it's actually so stupid.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:51:31 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1015 on: April 10, 2019, 05:51:42 am »
There we go again, us being blamed because it's obviously our fault.

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #1016 on: April 10, 2019, 05:58:02 am »
my opinion on this is that a round where a team is 3 on 4 literally get killed while theyre alt tabed apprantly they didnt even fucking had a chance to fight back like what the fuck get that shit out of here how does that make sense this is a tournament where melee skill is being put to the test not fucking being a cuck lord with the rules that round should be voided make them do a rematch of bo9 or something

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #1017 on: April 10, 2019, 06:01:24 am »
It’s all berserkers fault because they decided to wait 35 minutes instead of taking the forfeit
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 10, 2019, 06:03:07 am »
There we go again, us being blamed because it's obviously our fault.

Smh, you guys could've prevented it, all you had to do was know beforehand you would be charged the second your timeout was up and not be given a chance to say ready like previous rounds, and HONESTLY, horse not being able to block a 4v1 while typing to ask to use another timeout is completely on him, that's a basic skill that someone who has 2k hours in this game should have by now.

Just basic things.

Offline Horse

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 10, 2019, 06:12:29 am »
yet yall had pedro to play rather than wait on you which doesnt make the most since outta all of it why bring him then if yall had no intention of playing him when yall needed him the most
I Would of played him that round and was going to if Russian could not make it in time, but we got bodied before i could even process what was going on. In a match where the admins word signified the start of every round, of course we are not gonna be ready when the enemy team charges out of the blue after 20 plus rounds of purple chat representing the start of the live round, nor did we even R that round.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 06:14:11 am by Horsey »