Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 91879 times)

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150)[Week 3]
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2019, 07:13:17 am »
FYI we've accepted the forfeit and are cool with it, this is just my perspective on the whole extravaganza

Originally I canceled the match on Sunday because some change of plans happened with people and they couldn't be there, the rule about 48 hours prior to a match to cancel was made after that. When we got the extension I gave Fireboy a list of days and times we could do over steam so he could get with his team and find a day. Tuesday I spoke with Fireboy in teamspeak and he said he could not do Tuesday and was still unsure on the other days. Wednesday night while I was at work I got a message from Jolly asking if I'd be okay with extending it to Sunday because of the problems Vetro and Yolo were having. First I asked what would happen if I refused the extension to where I was told they would have to try and field enough or forfeit. After that I asked if Yolo or Vetro couldn't be on, then, Jolly told me he would double check with Fireboy on that and I assumed he'd be getting back to me on if they could be there or not. The next message I got from Jolly was Thursday night while I was at work again at 8 EST, (roughly 22 hours after Jolly told me he'd check if Vetro and Yolo could be on) saying Musketeers could do the match Friday now. At this point I knew it was too late notice for me to be able to get a full team there as most of them need to know 2-3 days in advance so I mentioned the extension. I guess however while I was waiting for Jolly to message me on if Vetro and Yoloswag could be there the extension offer expired and was no longer valid. I probably would have gotten in touch with Jolly sooner but I thought I had already agreed to it and I had not been home at all until I got off work at 9 EST. So we agreed to play the match on Friday at 10:30.

Then tonight after I got home at about 10:10 EST I found out Glenn would not be on when originally we thought he might, and Havoc whom I thought would be on was no where to be seen (he has food poisoning or something I guess and was stuck on the toilet until the last minute when he showed up for the match). Understanding that I only needed 3 players to play I went into action to decide what free agent would be good for the team and decided to drop Glenn for Whalefish. It was my misunderstanding that I still had a second FA pick and that I could use it before the match. On Wednesday night during a meeting with the mods Jolly and Risk both said I could no longer take someone from the Free Agency, honestly, I wasn't really listening to them as I was focused on Windflower the authority figure. After asking Windflower if I could theoretically draft a free agent for the match tonight multiple times I never received an answer yes or no so I assumed I could because nothing stated that I couldn't (Now I've seen Rule 7 states the Free Agency will only be done at the end of each week).

Then finally near the end of the 15 minute grace period tonight unfortunately Jolly did not notice Havoc join the server at exactly 10:45 and announced that the match would be a 16-0 win for Musketeers as they refused to play the match even against the three of us since it was assumed Havoc did not make it on time.

What I hope to see from these events is more detail in the rules and better communication between captains and staff so there is no more confusion or unsaid rules.
gay

Offline JollyCanadian

• Board Moderator
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #676 on: March 16, 2019, 07:29:09 am »
Keep in mind there was miscommunication between waster and I. He never said yes or no to the extension. I also didn't make it clear that I needed an answer that night.  I think we've both learned to be more clear for future events
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #677 on: March 16, 2019, 07:30:37 am »
Keep in mind there was miscommunication between waster and I. He never said yes or no to the extension. I also didn't make it clear that I needed an answer that night.  I think we've both learned to be more clear for future events
You'd think I would have learned after WPC with Jorge when Atomic had to Forfeit to Masters

yes agree

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 084ever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #678 on: March 16, 2019, 08:05:29 am »
Waste tried to trade sleek and now he tries to drop me smh Waste a SNAKE
click here to join the 84th

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #679 on: March 16, 2019, 08:14:00 am »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #680 on: March 16, 2019, 09:31:13 am »

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 16, 2019, 04:51:20 pm »
I leave for vacation and waste loses it

Truly a WASTE if you ask me
#justiceforglenn
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #682 on: March 16, 2019, 08:58:42 pm »
I leave for vacation and waste loses it

Truly a WASTE if you ask me
#justiceforglenn
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #683 on: March 17, 2019, 03:31:26 am »
Teams playing: Aces vs Musketeers
Date of match: 3/16/19
Final score: 16-10 (Aces)
Screenshot (optional):

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #684 on: March 17, 2019, 03:44:31 am »
leaderboards updated

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #685 on: March 18, 2019, 01:55:49 am »
Teams playing: High Voltage vs Guardians
Date of match: 3/17/19
Final score: 16-5 (HiV)
Screenshot (optional):
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline AsianP

• Major
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AsianP
« Reply #686 on: March 18, 2019, 02:06:21 am »
ez 3v4
1st Place Vetro's Old Fashion 2v2 (Team Bird: AsianP, Armada), 1st Place Dan's Ultimate Dueling Tournament VIII, 1st Place 5v5 Groupfighting Tournament (TeamGG), 1st Place 8v8 Groupfighting Tournament (Tier 1), 2nd Place 2v2 Tournament (Old School), 3rd Place 1v1 Duel Tournament, 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S5 (NA 91st), 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S6 (3eVolt), 2nd Place TNWL S2 Pro League (58eme), 2nd Place NAPL S2 (3eVolt),  1st Place NA Regimental Groupfighting League(3eVolt), 1st Place Napoleonic War's Golden League (42nd), 2nd Place OG Mudbone 1v1 Duel Tournament

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:01 pm »
after obliterating everyone in a 2v2 tournament 4 teams have inquired about showtime_oatmeal. Many wonder why fireboy is such a shit captain and would even be willing to trade his superstar!

6 teams with a bye seems ideal since free agency is kinda op. Rewarding the teams who played well all season and giving them a break, playing nw takes a toll on your body and mind.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #688 on: March 18, 2019, 07:29:52 pm »
after obliterating everyone in a 2v2 tournament 4 teams have inquired about showtime_oatmeal. Many wonder why fireboy is such a shit captain and would even be willing to trade his superstar!

6 teams with a bye seems ideal since free agency is kinda op. Rewarding the teams who played well all season and giving them a break, playing nw takes a toll on your body and mind.
i offered Matt for oatmeal and fireboy said no!1!1!
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

MATT123456789

« Reply #689 on: March 18, 2019, 09:10:58 pm »

excuse me

i single handedly carried a noob to the finals. and it was a tie we both got first goml