Author Topic: For the melee community.  (Read 14282 times)

Offline Akame

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Akame
  • Side: Neutral
Re: For the melee community.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 06:50:48 pm »
learn to rechamber and you are like, undefeatable
Chambering is pretty useless against the ''good'' guys now, they will just be blocked. There is the random, unexpected chamber that you might get lucky with.

But this is pretty much how people fight 1 on 1 nowadays;
The guy who hold's his attack and backpedals will fish for a poke and then stab, or if he's moving towards you and holding, he will kick you if get too close, or release the stab if you attack from distance.

Offline InfamousBeats

• Colonel
  • Groupfighting Admin | 10/10 IGN: Would bang...
    • View Profile
    • Enlist into the 63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Nick: 63e_Conseilleur_Infamous
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 03:34:44 pm »
Hello guys. My name is Infamous.

*Hello, Infamous*

And I am a spammer...

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »
Chambering is pretty useless against the ''good'' guys now, they will just be blocked. There is the random, unexpected chamber that you might get lucky with.

But this is pretty much how people fight 1 on 1 nowadays;
The guy who hold's his attack and backpedals will fish for a poke and then stab, or if he's moving towards you and holding, he will kick you if get too close, or release the stab if you attack from distance.

The MM days <3, when chambers were chambers and swiping was king.

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 06:19:26 pm »
I remember Sid's chamber-sweeps messed with lives.

Offline Tiberias

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_LtCol_John_Sinclair
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 06:53:59 pm »
Its not spam...its footwork !
Especially when you are using a sword :P

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 07:12:32 pm »
learn to rechamber and you are like, undefeatable

A good majority of the time you can block after someone chambers you before it hits.    Btw that stun on up attacks after someone chambers you sucks but it is what it is.   You would be suprised how many people can't block in US1 and quite a few  just spam.  as others have said block then attack.  It works for me a majority of the time.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 08:41:02 pm »
I mix and match, i love to spam yet i can block most attacks, however spam is so much fun as i enjoy watching people rage, however the majority of my kills come from back stabs.

You never know when the Crusader's gonna shove his bayonet right up your ass and it scares the shit out of people  8)
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!
[/quote]

Offline MrRiv

• Corporal
  • Playin' Native since MM
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RivenX
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 03:30:04 am »
Why are you guys complaining about spammers?  They are easy to counter.

Offline Vikestad

• Sergeant Major
  • "84e sheriff, white knight of truth and justice"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vikestad
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 04:43:28 am »
Don't splash the pond. Leave the nubs alone. However, the only time I get annoyed by spammers if the first thing they do after being stabbed or stunned is to stab themselves. The fact that it even works a high percentage of the time should show one of the shortcomings of NW.
84e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline FineApple

• Sergeant Major
  • 8̡͇̩͚̘̟̯͔̊̂͋͒̉̊͒̍̉̍ͮ͟4̘͖̯̘͇̣̦̩̆̓̇̏͂͐̊͌̅ͬ͂͒ͤ̉͂̚̚͟͟͞
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 09:43:00 am »
I remember Sid's chamber-sweeps messed with lives.

He was one of da best players in MM ,and one of my fav duel friend
F͐ͬͨͥ̊̃͊ͦ̒̃ͪ͏̸̴̟͈͈̱̟͔̜̣͇I̷̡̻̻͓̖͔͕ͦͨ̈͐̎ͦ͌̇̅̉N̶̊̈̉ͦ͆́̚̕͏͎̲̰̣̱̰E̡̓ͥ̊̅̿̾ͧ̈́̍͊̔ͭͪ͂̎͠͝҉̭̳̰̮̳̳̞̙ͅA̡̡̹͚̫̥͔̼̥̲ͭͮ̃ͨͯ̇͑̆̋̒ͣ͟͡͝P͓͔̖̲͍̻̖̱̀̄ͫ̂ͩ̈́̃̀̿ͭ̾͋̄̐͗͘͡͞P͇͚͔̮̺̲͕͎͓͙̗̝̹̖̯̻͌̈́̅̌̀ͣ̀ͫͦ̅ͧ̀̆͌̃̍ͣ̄̀͜ͅĻ̹̲̤̠̞̬͉̦͍̖͔͕͉̘̲̼̱̽̓̏́̍͂ͯ͋͑̾ͮ͆́͟E̸̡̬̭͚̼̭̥̯͋͛ͨ̑͐̿͟͝͡F̍ͯ͌̃ͣ̈͗̿҉̢̨̢̱̙̳͉̦̣͓̙I̔́ͩ̄ͫ͋̑͒͐̉́͏̡̰̯̥Ņ̵̷̶͓͓͚̬̗̞̖̥̠̂̂̑͐̅ͣ͐͑̒̈ͭͪ̈́ͮ͡ͅE̵̶̡͉̪̪̼̗̹̲̰͉ͬ̃͛ͫ͋̀̍̄Ấ̡͇̼̘̝͕̟͎̳͓̦̮̘̥̼̘̖͓̞͒̈̀̃ͪ̾ͪ̐̓̆̎̽ͨ͗̑͂͘͟P̵̞͇̮̬̳͕͎͉͎̳̬̼̱̱̘͚̬̬ͭ̓ͨ̃͑͛̐͜P̶̵̸̦͍̥̣̹̹ͣͫͣ̇͑͐̈ͤ͢L̛̖͍̮̤̳̱̗͙̭̻̋̅ͦͦͧ͊̀ͦ̿ͤ̃̆̉ͫ́͊ͮ̚͠ͅĘ͕̻̹̟̯ͮͦ͑ͬ̿͜͟F̶̨͚͚̠̲̬̩̪̗͚͙̂ͬͤ̽̇̊̇ͧ͆͂̔ͤ̽̌ͧ͜I̵̛͈̻̩̥͙̭̪̳̼̫͌͆ͯ̔ͫ̏ͨ͒̂̐ͭ̓̆̅̓̍̀͜Ņ̵̸͉̪͙͕͔̜̟͈̦̹̦͈̂̃̐̾̐̄ͦͭ͐̓̋ͩ̓E̷̛̪̳͉̲̯̩̔̂ͮ̌ͫ̓̒̉̇̃ͫ̽͌̈́̔̇̏̿̀̕Ȁ̫͖̬͉͙͚͖̭̜̫̱̟̦̗̘̪̦̤͋̊ͬ̈́̔̇ͤͦ̃̄̆͂ͤ͗͋ͥ̀̚̚͞P̴̴̐̂ͧ́̓͗̈͗҉҉͈̹̩͍̲͚̼̦̩ͅP̈ͬͩ̿̄̊ͣ̈́̉̌̓͐͐ͯ͊̽̏̅͏̺̤̗̼̝̹͢L̴̳̱͖̪̺͖̥̻̭̯̱͔̠͙͖̣̟̻̬ͪ̄ͣ͗͗̏̂́͠E̹̮̝̘͖͈̠ͨ̃ͪ̾̀̅ͦ̓͐̾ͫ͆ͮ͐́̾́ͅF̧̛͙͔͈͈̺̳͔̥̪͊ͥ̉̇̿͑͟I̬̟̻̫̖̫͍͉̼͍̟̦͖͉̲ͫ͆̉̆̈́ͭ̃ͧ̓̆̇̍̕N͓̰̮͎͎̠͈͉̬͚̼̦̙͆͆ͯͧͫ̾͂͌͂̍̔͒ͭ̈́̅ͪ̕Ę͍̘̹͈̳̮̼͕̣͙̳̞̭́ͪ̎ͯ̐͐ͭ̍̒͛̓ͥͬ̚͟A͑̿̿̇̀͊ͬ̄̉ͪͭ͆̄͆͟͏̩̯̟̮͕̲̭̲͓̯̩̕P̥̼͔̹͕͔̙̻̺̣͕̳̞̝̺͕̣̍ͧ̌̀͐͒͗ͫ̋̂̅ͦ̒̊ͫ͜͝P͕̺̗͔̯̣͓̠̬̪̮̞̖͛̒͑ͬ͋̌ͭ͋̉ͨͦ̈ͮ̓̉̏́̚̚͟͠L͖͕̗̝̗̯̣͎͓̬͉̿ͨͨ̊ͩ̋͒̂̀̐̋͡͞͠E̢ͤ̎ͤ͊̃͆ͨ̊͆ͨ̔͌̅̍́҉̼̳̩͔̲̯̯̩̠̲̻̣̳̫ͅͅF̓̃͐̌̑͛̽ͯ͛̿̚̚̕͡

Offline Treble

• Sergeant Major
  • top kek melee player
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treble
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:45 pm »
There have been many great players from MM but most of them stopped playing.

Now with NW anyone can kill anyone. Kinda good in that way.

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:54 pm »
Melee isn't that bad (except bayo vs bayo, which is playable but quite boring), good players leaving is mostly due to fact that if you start slaughtering enemy in melee, you will get pointblanked (usually by one of your teammates) and shift in the game from melee to shooting.
Although only running speed was reduced (accuracy of weapons is the same as in MM) pointblanking has become by far more common and useful, which caused quite many good meleers leave the NW. This is probably also one of the reasons why battle server is deserted most of the time.
As I suggested before, adding small random delay when firing any firearm would make pointblanking almost useless while mid to long range accuracy would remain the same. Or just buffing everyones athletics as they were in MM.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 10:28:37 pm »
Gotta agree with Opo here. I feel really slow alot of the time when on the charge. And get PB'd everytime I'm about to go into a melee.

5v1 (Me being the one) I got PB'd by one dude near the back of the group. Pissed me off.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:36:32 am by Windbusche »

Offline Marsh

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 11:37:01 am »
I totally agree, PBing is a problem. In say a linebattle and someone is charging you line it's acceptable, but on public play it's just frustrating and makes you look like a noob :/

Also another thing, how come some people move so fast In melee with turns and feints? My mouse sensitivity is on max, and people with it on middle seem to move like lightening? Wtf do I do to be the same, because I'm pretty good at melee and then there's some guy feinting at twice my speed. Is it block spamming? And how come they run, turn and flank quicker than my character physically moves in melee?

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »
I totally agree, PBing is a problem. In say a linebattle and someone is charging you line it's acceptable, but on public play it's just frustrating and makes you look like a noob :/

Also another thing, how come some people move so fast In melee with turns and feints? My mouse sensitivity is on max, and people with it on middle seem to move like lightening? Wtf do I do to be the same, because I'm pretty good at melee and then there's some guy feinting at twice my speed. Is it block spamming? And how come they run, turn and flank quicker than my character physically moves in melee?

Other than your ping being high on the server, you just might not be as good as them