Author Topic: For the melee community.  (Read 14264 times)

Offline Slick

• Donator
  • dam im long than a mf
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: For the melee community.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 03:57:44 pm »
I love more melee than anything, but if my gun is locked and loaded, prepare to die before you get into my range

Offline Salt

• Major
  • We really out here
    • View Profile
  • Nick: bless
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 02:28:28 pm »
Spam is pretty easy to deal with. Just be patient and block!  8)
I'm the reincarnated Who- with no talent.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 02:30:26 pm »
The real problem is the opposite really, people who just stare at you and hold their attacks piss me off the most.
It's the only way to take down someone who can block somewhat. Very useful IMO.

Offline Maroon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maroon
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 02:40:34 pm »
Another slight annoyance of mine is when people for some reason refuse to attack twice in a row. They just prefer to stay in a attack-block-attack-block-... cicle.
Pretty funny though when you block their attack, and then refuse to attack them.

Offline Akame

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Akame
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 03:30:39 pm »
The real problem is the opposite really, people who just stare at you and hold their attacks piss me off the most.
I just hate when people delay the fight, I'm not falling for their trick, but they just insist on using it.

Offline Gabriel_Drake

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »
if you know how to block spammers are not problem, real problem is effect of stabs sometimes i hit 3 or 4 times and  opposite still alive and fighting,not realistic.

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 05:40:59 pm »
Well the game is already half way luck, with features like pole stun and the inconsistency of stubbing. People spam because it works, sometimes you can get 2 attacks in quicker than someone can block you and counter attack, done it myself lots and lots of times.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »
I just hate when people delay the fight, I'm not falling for their trick, but they just insist on using it.

I would argue that there are two kinds of held stabs, the first one being the boring version where you will try to make your opponent bored and try something stupid.
The second one is the anti-chamber held version where you only hold it for half a second or so extra in order to throw of peoples natural or dolphin it etc. The first one is neither efficient and accident prone due to the lower turning speed, but still people who don't know how to fight can delay alot by just holding.

Anyway, I don't know why I am telling you this since you're well aware of all of this :P

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 11:04:36 am »
I would argue that there are two kinds of held stabs, the first one being the boring version where you will try to make your opponent bored and try something stupid.
The second one is the anti-chamber held version where you only hold it for half a second or so extra in order to throw of peoples natural or dolphin it etc. The first one is neither efficient and accident prone due to the lower turning speed, but still people who don't know how to fight can delay alot by just holding.

Anyway, I don't know why I am telling you this since you're well aware of all of this :P
Hmm, I never had a problem with overly held stabs, usually just feinting you'll attack, guy who holds will release his attack, usually straight into your chamber. Or if that doesn't work, then spam seems to get them.
Also, I've seen people reliably chamber held stabs (even sweeping stabs) so usefulness of holding is sometimes pretty small.

JackieChan

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 11:06:46 am »
Well I heard that chambering vs spammers is useful. Indeed it is, but not always. If you are unlucky, you will chamber him and since he is a spammer he can get very lucky and counterchamber you, which you did not expect since you thought he is a bad player.
If you hold your chamber you can kill him easily. Of course you can run the danger of overholding and of his spam hitting you.
As for exagerated holds it can be very annoying indeed. I do it sometimes too but merely because I am derping around, eventhough it does work sometimes. More annoying than that are the defensive players who simply block and then hold their stab. This makes chambering them extremely hard and your own holds are useless since the oponent does not intend on opening his block in order to chamber you. Spamming can be usefull here, but against a good defensive player, this too is useless. All you can do vs such a player is stay patient.
This is the most annoying oponent in my opinion and the oponent I lose to most. It might be effective but it is boring. Of course if you have just started playing and do not know chambers etc., this would be a good step for training your blocking. However, in my opinion everyone should try to learn as much as he can about all aspects of the melee system.
But since everyone or pretty much everyone has payed for this game, I wouldn't dream of telling people how to play their game. I still enjoy the melee and that is all that counts for me. I hope most people feel like that too, eventhough the melee is not perfect.

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:53 pm »
"Spamming" has been a tactic used in melee since the beginning of time (mount and blade time, that is). Remember, he can only attack two different ways, and you have quite some time to block when he finally does an attack. Swords, on the other hand..
63e

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 12:36:28 am »
Hi guys,

lately a lot of people are beginning to spam a lot in melee. It started with just a few people spamming. Mainly new players and players that probably are used to M&M... In my opinion this will just be a kind of luck game in multiplayer if this keeps on.
So I would like to tell everybody out there, that know what they do when they charge another player, please try and play the game a bit instead of just spamming that god damn attack button. I know people who are well known in the melee community (Or whatever you want to call it), that like me are really pissed on this game, and seek out new games instead of going through some bullshit where you play against a team full of spammers.

Devald

Chamber=Spammer dies

I do know how to chamber... But that isn't the solution every time...
you say that now...you say that now...

Once you learn to chamber, and get good at it. I don't mean the 10 year olds that by accidentally chamber, think they're gods, and spam TS with bragging, I mean GOD-LIKE good. Chamber, attack. They attack again, chamber attack. Bam: dead.

And to tell a whole community to stop spamming, please. Don't be silly. There are a lot of causal players that play this game, see the forums, but don't have the time to actually care about spamming and getting good at melee. In the Napoleonic wars, there was spamming. Only thing was spam really.

And remember: block cancel outs attacks. Bullets are unblockable.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »

I find this every effective especially if I've chamber blocked a stab or two. I delay slighty or add a small or slight sweep. Usually it results in a fail chamber by my opponent and a stab landing.

Offline Devald

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [88th]Kgm_Devald or FFE_Devald
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 01:48:29 pm »
Hi guys,

lately a lot of people are beginning to spam a lot in melee. It started with just a few people spamming. Mainly new players and players that probably are used to M&M... In my opinion this will just be a kind of luck game in multiplayer if this keeps on.
So I would like to tell everybody out there, that know what they do when they charge another player, please try and play the game a bit instead of just spamming that god damn attack button. I know people who are well known in the melee community (Or whatever you want to call it), that like me are really pissed on this game, and seek out new games instead of going through some bullshit where you play against a team full of spammers.

Devald

Chamber=Spammer dies

I do know how to chamber... But that isn't the solution every time...
you say that now...you say that now...

Once you learn to chamber, and get good at it. I don't mean the 10 year olds that by accidentally chamber, think they're gods, and spam TS with bragging, I mean GOD-LIKE good. Chamber, attack. They attack again, chamber attack. Bam: dead.

And to tell a whole community to stop spamming, please. Don't be silly. There are a lot of causal players that play this game, see the forums, but don't have the time to actually care about spamming and getting good at melee. In the Napoleonic wars, there was spamming. Only thing was spam really.

And remember: block cancel outs attacks. Bullets are unblockable.

Well, I know how to chamber, and it works 9/10 times at least. So that isn't the problem. And this last week or so I have been taking a break from M&B, and just gaming in general. And now that I am back again, I don't have the same problems anymore. I suppose my frustration was because of a lack of sleep in the period and just bad timing where people started to spam. But I don't blame anyone, well not on purpose at least. So guys... I hope to see you on sometime :)
Private of the 88th "Devils Own" Connaught Rangers - Member of the Friends Federation of Excellence (FFE) - Proud dane

Offline Jacob

• Alpha Tester
  • Back after a long long time away :)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jacob
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 04:58:31 pm »
learn to rechamber and you are like, undefeatable