Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 366337 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #2865 on: May 15, 2017, 08:32:20 pm »
Yes sir, I agree sir.

Bob would know the best way. #VivaLaBober
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2866 on: May 15, 2017, 08:32:28 pm »
Czechoslovaks just don't want to ez lose against englishmen.
Netherlands are thinking they can beat Ukraine and vice-versa.
France is good, actually they can play against everyone(but not PowerRangers))

To make it fair, France should play against GB, Sweden should play against Netherlands.
Ukraine can meet Scotland and Russia versus Czechslovakia.
Then the final would be boring considering France would just whitewash everyone apart from GB lol.

I miss Hekko at moments like this. I have never played in a tournament irl on NW where organizers choose qf's, might aswell strawpoll ;D

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #2867 on: May 15, 2017, 08:33:46 pm »
I'm happy to leave it as it is if most captains are as well?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2868 on: May 15, 2017, 08:41:57 pm »
I'm happy to leave it as it is if most captains are as well?

no
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: May 15, 2017, 08:43:57 pm »
In all honesty, people aren't happy with it because they might not like their potential outcomes. If you're good enough you'll beat anyone. You can't just say nah man, don't like those brackets redo them my chances will be piss poor.

As captain of china I vote to keep them how it is.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #2870 on: May 15, 2017, 08:49:25 pm »
In all honesty, people aren't happy with it because they might not like their potential outcomes. If you're good enough you'll beat anyone. You can't just say nah man, don't like those brackets redo them my chances will be piss poor.

If you are a true champion than you will take any challenge without fear!

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: May 15, 2017, 08:49:52 pm »

I don't like it because it makes no sense.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #2872 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51:30 pm »
Challonge randomised the brackets after the group stage as opposed to doing a second randomised seeding, which we will do tonight probably.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: May 15, 2017, 08:56:17 pm »
Challonge randomised the brackets after the group stage as opposed to doing a second randomised seeding, which we will do tonight probably.

There we go, randomised. Now it makes sense. We can keep it.

Offline Raii21

• First Sergeant
  • Biggest shittalker EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: May 15, 2017, 08:56:53 pm »

Random again? Every team tries their best in order to advance from the first spot in their respective groups. Expecting a reward in the next stage of the tournament for their effort and hard earned first spot. That's why the team advancing from the first spot gets a team that advanced from the second spot. Making it random completely negates all the effort made in the group stage.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #2875 on: May 15, 2017, 08:58:43 pm »

Random again? Every team tries their best in order to advance from the first spot in their respective groups. Expecting a reward in the next stage of the tournament for their effort and hard earned first spot. That's why the team advancing from the first spot gets a team that advanced from the second spot. Making it random completely negates all the effort made in the group stage.
Why do we have a group stage at all? Could've just randomised the entire bracket to be an entire huge single elimination bracket. I mean, the teams would face off anyways, right? Are you scared? Hello?

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: May 15, 2017, 08:59:10 pm »

Why do we have a group stage at all? Could've just randomised the entire bracket to be an entire huge single elimination bracket. I mean, the teams would face off anyways, right? Are you scared? Hello?

Hello!

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: May 15, 2017, 09:02:42 pm »
Really? I wouldn't have fought so. You all fought equally as hard to get through the previous stage to get to this one. Therefor you should all be treated equally and it should stay randomized.

Spoiler
VivaLaBober
[close]

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »
Really? I wouldn't have fought so. You all fought equally as hard to get through the previous stage to get to this one. Therefor you should all be treated equally and it should stay randomized.

Spoiler
VivaLaBober
[close]

Seems to me like people in the UK kinda miss the point of multi staged tournaments.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:58 pm »

Spoiler
VivaLaBober
[close]

Seems to me like people in the Iceland kinda miss the point of multi staged tournaments.