Author Topic: [CCL - S1] Announcement Thread  (Read 21712 times)

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry Champions League | Announcement Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2019, 08:41:01 pm »
Just when I thought the 1erRC's showcase was too long, here comes the 4e's one.  :-X

It was a real pleasure writing about such a prestigious regiment as the 4e Hussards and I hope you guys will enjoy it as well. I also will no longer be the only one writing these showcases, as Saphyro from the 2Lr offered to help me writing these, and hopefully will continue to do so for futures contents, once the tournament goes live. I look forward to see his work soon!

woohoo Saphyro Fanclub
HYPE BOIS

btw nice showcase once again

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2019, 03:23:57 am »
Looks amazing! Good job Tardet
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2019, 05:07:54 am »
Thanks Goodest and MarxeiL ;)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Zocki

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LeZocki
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2019, 10:25:53 am »
Good work tardet looks good

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2019, 05:52:31 pm »
Great great showcase Tardet, was a pleasure to read, thank you for that.

The regiment will be looking forward to an amazing competition and I personally will do my best to make it as good as possible.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2019, 08:36:45 pm »
 8) nice work  8)
lol = ban

Offline Yvrul

• Private
  • Lt. of the 1. Leib Husaren, IV Korps for life
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH_Lt_Lurvy / 4e_Huss_Cvl_Lurvy
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2019, 04:18:32 am »
Good piece on the 4e Husstards. However, Erik will not be leading this time around, due to Skaven corruption. I will be filling in for him.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2019, 12:15:47 am »
Good piece on the 4e Husstards. However, Erik will not be leading this time around, due to Skaven corruption. I will be filling in for him.

The CCL team wishes you good luck in your task of cleaning the 4e from the Skaven's filth.

Offline ExoticFail

• Major
  • Ik moet masturberen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: "Describe live&amp
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2019, 10:48:14 pm »
time to return to cav ayeeeee  8) 8)
Hauptmann ExoticFail hat wie immer die Lage fest im Griff und verteilt hier die oneklicks
my posts never are irrelevant, they are gods words whom I connect through me,yet some little shit allways deletes my posts here even tho they r bob approved 
They always give me a chuckle that's for sure.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 03:28:31 pm »

After several months of hard-work, discussions and planning, we are proud to present the Cavalry Champions League, a new tournament format which we hope will bring a fresh air upon the competitive cavalry community. Our staff is composed of experienced and talented members, longtime cavalry players or leaders, with multiple tournaments organisations under their belts. With their combined knowledge and expertise, we intend to provide you with a high-quality tournament production, including a new way to stream matches, several different media contents and a lot of new features.

The tournament will consist in one league, with all regiments having to fight each other twice, in a home-away system. At the end of the regular season, the regiment with the most points will be awarded the title of CCL winner. Starting from today until the start of the tournament in January, this series of article will take a detailed look at the regiments which have been invited to this competition, revealing them one by one.

Today, we present you with the sixth invited team of the Cavalry Champions League, the Husaren-Regiment Nr.6

Trivia:

On the 29th November 2015, a group of players from the 10thJBH left the structure together in search of a new adventure. Existing in a German community vastly dominated by the 2Lr, many probably gave their project little credit.

Who would have believed back then that over three years later, the German squad lead by Fidje would become one of the deadliest competitors on the cavalry scene and without a doubt the most skilled German cavalry regiment? This is a story unlike many have been seen in the NW community, showing how cohesion, friendship and hard work can bring you from the bottom to the top and how rewarding building something from scratch and turning it into something bigger than simple competitive gaming can be. This story is the one of the Schlesisches Husaren-Regiment Nr.6.

The debuts of the Nr6 were certainly an indicator of the potential which was always present among their ranks. They quickly managed to rack up some important victories; the most impressive undoubtedly being against the Nr3 which was at the time was among the most dangerous regiments in the cavalry community.

Looking at the community nowadays, some might also believe that the Nr6, despite being relatively new, didn't face many difficulties into surpassing the 2Lr in term of competitive results. However, at the time the 2Lr was not only the oldest and most established structure of the two; they had also just recently finished the 3rd Season of the CNWL at the third place, having only been beaten by the 4e and 5e, the two biggest regiments at the time. It was therefore not easy to just come in with a bunch of fresh members and, on the back of some good results, try to establish your regiment as the number one in Germany and one of the very best in EU too.

If some regiments can have a tendency to grow too big too fast, and are not capable of surviving the eventual failures that come with such a competitive spirit, this wasn't the case of the Nr.6. The German regiment continued to sustain their momentum and with every new loss, came a new lesson. No round loss was in vain, so long as something constructive could be gained from it. They started fighting top regiments more regularly, gaining more and more experience and showing they could rival with them on more than one occasion. At the dawn of the 4th Season of the CNWL, the Nr.6 was holding an impressive record of 34 victories for 1 draw and 4 losses, with these four losses being exclusively against top regiments. The Nr.6 had truly started to make a name for themselves and were ready to write in golden letters the name of their regiment in the hall of fame of the cavalry community. 

The biggest step, however, was still ahead of them, as it was required for them to translate these victories into actual tournament results. Unsurprisingly, the Nr6 was put in League 1 of the CNWL, among great names such as the Nr3, 4e, 5e, 7e, 9e and their German counterpart, the 2Lr. It was undoubtedly the perfect occasion for Fidje and his men to prove to the community what they were really capable of.

Looking back at these events from a distant perspective, it's easy to see a clear competitive pattern in the history of a regiment and explain that all things considered, it wasn't really a surprise to see them reaching such a high level considering the potential of the regiment. With that being said, having such reasoning would also be denying what the Nr.6 had of truly unique, it being the will-power that drove the regiment to the highest podium of the competitive scene. They started with nothing, and yet built something which truly was a mirror of their wish to not only figure among the bests but also outperform said 'bests' in order to take their place.

Despite having to fight the 4e and the 5e back to back in the early weeks of the competition, the Nr.6 would finish the league with a truly outstanding record for their first official major tournament; taking a well-deserved 3rd place and establishing themselves as the top German regiment by defeating the 2Lr in a one-sided match.

Regimental Leader: Rittmeister Fidje
Regimental Second in command: Oberleutnant targeknight
Regimental Third in command: Leutnant Destroy

Competitive Results:

- Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 4 | 3rd Place  - League 1
- Cavalry Napoleonic Wars League - Season 5 | 4th Place - League 1
- Hussars Cup - Season 1 | 3rd-4th Place 

Far from stopping here, the Nr.6 would continue their impressive streak in results outside of tournaments, with their focus most likely set on the next competition.

Such an occasion was given to them in March 2018 for the 5th Edition of the CNWL. This time, however, the Nr6 was no-longer an underdog and entered the competition with a clear shot at winning the whole thing. Unfortunately for them, this CNWL would also appear as the most disputed season ever played and while the Nr6 clearly held on to their status of a serious title contender, they couldn't do better than a 4th place finish. Whilst this was far from being poor performance on their side, it certainly left a bitter-sweet taste in the Nr.6 members' mouths as they were within their rights to expect better. The disappointment of the CNWL was quickly followed by another in the Hussar Cup where they were defeated by the 8th Hussards in a close match during the semi-finals of that competition.

Looking at this results, is it possible to conclude that the Nr6 has reached their peak then? That despite an indisputable teamplay and synergy amongst their ranks and some of the deadliest players in the European cavalry community, the Nr6 was simply not meant for gold?

That could have been a valid reasoning a few months ago, but the most active players of the community would have probably spotted a result recently which went somewhat unnoticed, yet clearly appeared as a strong sign in favour of the Nr.6. Only a few weeks ago, Fidje and his men faced Erik's 4e in a practice match and defeated them 7-3. If such a match has to be put in perspective - due to being a friendly contest with not much at stake other than the result itself - the 4e Hussard is known to take these matches very seriously. More importantly, it is worth noticing that the 4e had never been beaten by a hussar regiment since its creation.

Will the Nr6 be able to repeat such a performance once the CCL starts? And if so, are they capable of pulling it off against the many other top regiments also present in the league? There are plenty of people who believe in this possibility, as the Nr.6 has arguably never looked as strong as it does right now. They went from the joy of being a young regiment discovering their first successes, to experiencing the disappointment of not being able to live up to their expectations, but importantly, they survived these experiences. They surpassed these difficulties, as a group. Today, the Nr.6 can pride themselves with being one of the oldest regiments in the cavalry community but also one of those capable of offering a real challenge to any of their top tier opponents.

Most importantly, the Nr.6 is no longer something that is only 'virtual'. Many of its members met in real-life on different occasions and gave these thousands of hours spent together a whole other meaning; going beyond the natural borders created by video-gaming. More than a regiment, they are one of these structures who can give real meaning to this notion of 'second family'.

Experience can be acquired with time. Skill-gap can be filled through hard work. But when you will face the Nr.6, ask yourself that question. Can you say that you have seen eye to eye the teammates that will hold your back once the melee explodes and chaos arises?

Because make no doubt about it: the Nr.6 and its members can.

CONTENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CCL MEDIA TEAM, ARTICLE WRITTEN BY TARDET, PROOFREADING BY QUINN GRAPHICS AND DESIGN BY EXOFRANCE PICTURE TAKEN FROM THE NR6 THREAD
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:54:16 pm by Tardet »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 04:00:07 pm »
Beautiful story, the regiment you describe really looks unique and awesome... oh wait

Another well written text, that made hyped me up a bit more - good job!
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 05:45:09 pm »
Best text about the nr6, that i ever read. good job. To read this text let me feel the history from the 10th to the nr6 (today) again.

Offline Olof

• Sergeant Major
  • I bring out Folo when I'm angry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Olof
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2019, 06:25:42 pm »
I am really excited for the KGL showcase.
Image from Gyazo" width="274

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2019, 07:13:03 pm »
I am really excited for the KGL showcase.

There aren't enough characters allowed in one FSE post to write such a showcase. I would have to divide it into twenty-seven parts and forty-four subparts and it would be barely enough to give the KGL the greatness they deserve.

But glad you guys from the Nr6 enjoyed it, it's undeniable you fully deserve it. Big thanks to Quinn as well who helped proofread the text once more and god knows it was needed. Sorry for posting the last previews that late, the 5e showcase is likely to be posted really soon as we are running out of time, but it's not completely without logic as both regiments (Nr6 and the one coming up) have a lot in common when it comes to their group and how they approach the competition.

Two more to go!

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 07:23:40 pm »
What a great post about us! Respect and ty for ur hard work :)

But u forgot my part...just kiddin