Author Topic: Victoria's Colonial Wars: Anglo-Sudan War/Zulu (Need Modelers)  (Read 37836 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
The Mahdist Army lives again, great work!

Will you be giving the non European Armies a little more variation in appearance may I ask?

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stBnYLR_Maj_Blucher
The Mahdist Army lives again, great work!

Will you be giving the non European Armies a little more variation in appearance may I ask?
yes of course :D
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
The skin of the mahdist really is too dark and doesn't look good at all. It should be dark-brownish like this
Spoiler
[close]
Or at least you should make it in some way so you can see his face features and not just the eyes...

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
The skin of the mahdist really is too dark and doesn't look good at all. It should be dark-brownish like this
Spoiler
[close]
Or at least you should make it in some way so you can see his face features and not just the eyes...
They all have the same haircut.
nice.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Spoiler
[close]

it depends on the picture as well. yes not all were super dark we understand this. but some are and yes the picture i have is a miniature but i cant seem to find the picture we used. We are making diff variants.
Spoiler
[close]
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Viktor 90th

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

it depends on the picture as well. yes not all were super dark we understand this. but some are and yes the picture i have is a miniature but i cant seem to find the picture we used. We are making diff variants.
Spoiler
[close]
[/spoiler]
Best place to start, is instead of forcing players to have a certain skin colour, use the code from the sailor's outfit, and define the skin colour.
having two variants for white/dark skin colour for both genders, and a simple detection system for which skin colour was used for the face...
should work.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
[/spoiler]
Best place to start, is instead of forcing players to have a certain skin colour, use the code from the sailor's outfit, and define the skin colour.
having two variants for white/dark skin colour for both genders, and a simple detection system for which skin colour was used for the face...
should work.
will try that! thanks :)
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Awesome work!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
About the skin colour, Sudanese people have VERY dark skin, to the point that it's almost black.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
I think it would be great to do it in a similar way to the Deluge mod - replace the gender option with race options such as European/African, or Aryan/Hamitic as it would be called in late 19th century. As you choose one of them you get a different selection of skins and hairstyles. Also the customization of the face shape of the two races could be made slightly different.

Maybe some afro/curly hair texture?

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I think it would be great to do it in a similar way to the Deluge mod - replace the gender option with race options such as European/African, or Aryan/Hamitic as it would be called in late 19th century. As you choose one of them you get a different selection of skins and hairstyles. Also the customization of the face shape of the two races could be made slightly different.

We are going to have diffrent face variants. One step at a time. Only have one guy who really does all the modeling. But as i said in the post that unit is not all we have done. We have diff mahdist with Afros etc. The units will not be all be the same hoping to get diff variants.
Thanks
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical

Welp you changed it again, so I'm not even bothering to let you keep most of it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:34:49 pm by SeanBeansShako »

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
Mahdists could have straight hair, a lot of north African and Arabian genes around there.

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Mahdists could have straight hair, a lot of north African and Arabian genes around there.
indeed this is true! many things to do ha
Leader of 1stBnYLR

Offline FKP_Blucher

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
small update status:
zulu infnatry units made:
Amabhamu
uVe (fly catchers)
Unhdlondhlo
inGobamakhos(Bender of Kings)
Udhloko
Ufasimba

Mahdist Troops:
Now have Beja Spearman
beja marksmen.

I have pictures just havent uploaded them yet. ill get to that soon.
Anyway if anyone is interested and could make sigs for our mod that would be great
Leader of 1stBnYLR