Author Topic: M&B Mod News [Idea]  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
M&B Mod News [Idea]
« on: April 17, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »
Hey there!

I've recently been thinking a bit, and I came on the next idea that perhaps could be useful to some people. Though I'm not sure yet if it would actually be useful and if it actually will work out, for that reason I'm here to present it to you.

The idea is pretty simple, having a steam group that covers important news of all the modifications for M&B, including NW modifications and Warband modifications. Only covering the important news about the mods, I'm not talking about every single post a developer makes. But every update & Dev blog for example. So as soon as there is important news or an update for a modification, it can be put on the steam group. So people can see it. (just like any other steam group)

For those that aren't that involved with keeping an eye on each mod's sub-board, or some that rather don't join all mod's steam groups, this could be an easy way for mods to get some more attention and for people to keep track of all the mods progress easily without having to keep eye on each mod if there is an update or not.

You can obviously say that people should just keep track on the forums or join all the mod's steam groups, though I think some people would find this actually come in handy, to have a combined group that covers the news of mods through out the community. And the mods itself of course have the opportunity to gain some more popularity as other people would see some news as well of it. (Even if it's not intended).

I really haven't thought much further about this idea then I have stated here, if you have any additions to include to this. Please do so!

Tell me what you think about it!

Cheers for reading, much love.
Goki

PS: Just dumped this thread in here as I guessed it was the right spot. Move it if it should be somewhere else. (As it is related to promoting modifications in the end)

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
Re: M&B Mod News [Idea]
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 05:37:04 pm »
Unrelated question; are you still working on your Roman mod Goki?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 05:43:10 pm »
Yes useles Jelly.  :'(

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 05:47:30 pm »
Why so mean?  :'(

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 05:48:38 pm »
I think it is a wonderful idea that will getting much needed exposure to the modding community.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:07:59 pm »
if someone makes it, ill join it!