Author Topic: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!  (Read 198779 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 26 - Alpha Announcement!
« Reply #810 on: January 20, 2016, 01:13:57 pm »
Yes

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #811 on: January 20, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »
How are you going to get great graphics, many players and big maps at once? Will the game simply require a great PC to be run? Or maybe you have something great that will allow big battles on typical-Warband-player's PC?
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 20, 2016, 03:54:04 pm »
How are you going to get great graphics, many players and big maps at once? Will the game simply require a great PC to be run? Or maybe you have something great that will allow big battles on typical-Warband-player's PC?

You're going to need a good PC to play a demanding game. Not all games are meant to run on $400 laptops.
xD

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 20, 2016, 04:01:47 pm »
But expecting everyone to own a $1k computer to play the game is unrealistic, and it's much better to try to get it to run as efficiently and smoothly as possible, on as many systems as possible, so more people will play it.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 20, 2016, 04:29:17 pm »
But expecting everyone to own a $1k computer to play the game is unrealistic, and it's much better to try to get it to run as efficiently and smoothly as possible, on as many systems as possible, so more people will play it.

A $1000  is nothing, thats like £800. If you have a PC that costs 400-600 £££/$$$ (laptops, notebooks. etc) why on earth are you trying to play games? They're purely for facebook and essays.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #815 on: January 20, 2016, 04:34:23 pm »

A $1000  is nothing, thats like £800. If you have a PC that costs 400-600 £££/$$$ (laptops, notebooks. etc) why on earth are you trying to play games? They're purely for facebook and essays.

Pretty much yes.
Also how is this question related to Unity?

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 20, 2016, 04:36:44 pm »

Pretty much yes.
Also how is this question related to Unity?

Thats why
Spoiler
[close]

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #817 on: January 20, 2016, 04:39:50 pm »
Will an i5 2.7 GhZ processor be able to run this?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 20, 2016, 04:40:37 pm »

You can build a computer for $400 that can play most games on at least medium settings. Not everyone is a graphix whore m8.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 20, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »

You can build a computer for $400 that can play most games on at least medium settings. Not everyone is a graphix whore m8.

$400 is it called an Xbox/PS4? I think that's bull you can make a PC that runs games on Medium, name these games are they click anime games or Battlefield?

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 20, 2016, 04:46:32 pm »
Plenty of people have done it dude.

http://www.toptengamer.com/top-300-gaming-pc-build/

And by most games I mean the majority of PC games out there in general, not just the newest and most demanding ones. I'm sure you could run Battlefield on low with a well built <$400 PC. Not everyone is going to be playing the newest games anyway. If it's a budget computer you probably won't be dropping $60 every other month.

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 20, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »
I mostly meant that M&B players will probably make a big part of the community. And players of this game tend to own worse computers. For example, mine used to be a really good one, but it was back when I was given it 7 years ago :D I'm personally going to get a better computer soon, but still, I can't imagine a line of "far than 500" characters with a detailed graphics and all other stuff you're planning in an online game, where ping and fps matter a lot; but hey, who knows what future can bring?  ;)
That'll surely be increadible if you can make it! Best of luck with this
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline goodbuddy

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 12, 2016, 10:26:17 pm »
KCOOL :D

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #823 on: February 13, 2016, 02:01:36 am »
We will have many settings to make the game run.

But We will probably only support DX11 cards.

on my PC i can run 500 characters on my screen + the scene with all characters animated and standing on a 20 by 40 meter spot. around 40 FPS With highest settings.

In real life situations you will not have all characters on screen and not so close by, making them lower detailed on longer distance, as such it will run much better.

My PC has not the best stuff, just a Nvidia 970 GTX and a Intel I7 2600K

Offline Harbinger

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 13, 2016, 03:22:19 pm »
We will have many settings to make the game run.

But We will probably only support DX11 cards.

on my PC i can run 500 characters on my screen + the scene with all characters animated and standing on a 20 by 40 meter spot. around 40 FPS With highest settings.

In real life situations you will not have all characters on screen and not so close by, making them lower detailed on longer distance, as such it will run much better.

My PC has not the best stuff, just a Nvidia 970 GTX and a Intel I7 2600K
don't play with my heart