Author Topic: NW Championship 2019 (Sign ups until ~24th June)  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NW Championship 2019 (Sign ups until ~27th June)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 04:26:31 pm »
Wait so free tourny win??

:o

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 05:45:48 pm »
Look at you competitive players mocking the fast combat speed.

In the casual realm fighting fastest is child's play, amateurs.

You're all overrated trash.

Didn't u stalk Maurice?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

David_Schrein

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 07:58:44 pm »
I put my mcdonalds money on golden for this one

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
  • drinkin' Moets holdin Tecs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 08:11:18 pm »
99% of the comp community rarely play these servers this tournament is shambolic in both it’s deaign and how you’ve advertised it, it’s not for NRP Miniseige or jailbreak players anymore it’s for comp players bragging rights.
si vis pacem, parabellum

Offline Ewoksson

• Private
  • Napoleon Complex Psychologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 09:01:37 pm »
99% of the comp community rarely play these servers this tournament is shambolic in both it’s deaign and how you’ve advertised it, it’s not for NRP Miniseige or jailbreak players anymore it’s for comp players bragging rights.
Great that a lot of people come together, whether it's due to bragging rights or just to partake in something that's so rarely planned by the public servers.
Currently 99% of signups are still historically/current active players on the servers. Some of these players do belong to regiments, so you could say the same about them. However, I never assumed that a lot of people was going to be interested in the tournament here, but I'd still like to announce it to the community. The tournament is designed according to our ordinary server settings, what some users here talked about when they mentioned fastest combat speed, but of course there has to be more specific rules to allow for a fair competitive setting. We may do other variants in the future and we've hosted the NRP Campaign three times for those who're more inclined to play competitive on a larger scale. The main similar design is the first to seven rounds, instead of having it be best of seven rounds as it originally was, and that's because a lot of our players advocated for it on the discord. :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:12:03 pm by Ewoksson »
Do you feel self-destructive or cynical towards the game/community in which you belong? Feel the need to frequently chime in with clever insults and belittle others in order to feel better or superior?
I can properly diagnose you with the Napoleon Complex by rooting out the causes. Common ones are; having a small pee-pee and being weak irl. My services are free of charge!

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 09:57:38 pm »
Great that a lot of people come together, whether it's due to bragging rights or just to partake in something that's so rarely planned by the public servers.
Currently 99% of signups are still historically/current active players on the servers. Some of these players do belong to regiments, so you could say the same about them. However, I never assumed that a lot of people was going to be interested in the tournament here, but I'd still like to announce it to the community. The tournament is designed according to our ordinary server settings, what some users here talked about when they mentioned fastest combat speed, but of course there has to be more specific rules to allow for a fair competitive setting. We may do other variants in the future and we've hosted the NRP Campaign three times for those who're more inclined to play competitive on a larger scale. The main similar design is the first to seven rounds, instead of having it be best of seven rounds as it originally was, and that's because a lot of our players advocated for it on the discord. :D
>atleast those who belong to regiments play on the servers to some degree e.g presi,xaos, me python for example.
>I don't think people will come together as a result of ft7ing someone
>knowing that know some comp sweat who never plays on either of the servers will probably win ez pz and the reward will effectively ruin it for any actual players of the server
dab
si vis pacem, parabellum

Offline WaterPolo

• Private
  • www.nwrp.eu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 12:11:41 am »
When our server fills to 200+ players when we purposely schedule our campaign events after regiment events, who do you think fills the event? Public and Regiments alike. Most of these servers are even owned and staffed by regiment members, so I’m not sure where tommy is going with this.

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 01:04:37 am »
When our server fills to 200+ players when we purposely schedule our campaign events after regiment events, who do you think fills the event? Public and Regiments alike. Most of these servers are even owned and staffed by regiment members, so I’m not sure where tommy is going with this.
when golden or shadey or someone actually fucking sick at the game wins and they don't even want or need the skin because they rarely if ever go on the server, im gonna laugh my ass off./

you guys don't realise how much players like golden,desant,shadey,muha etc (people who have signed up or are looking like they're gonna sign up from their comments on this thread) are better than your average regiment pleb and even worse they don't really give a shit about miniseige or nrp when plebs whom may have won from luck that actually care and are active and gonna get fucked by these top play hers,
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:07:06 am by Tommmy »
si vis pacem, parabellum

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 01:07:31 am »
si vis pacem, parabellum

Offline WaterPolo

• Private
  • www.nwrp.eu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 02:12:45 am »
What is a player?
Someone who plays the game?
Or someone who is involved in a “regiment”
Public players, regiment players, 1,000 hours, 10,000 hours it does not matter. This tournament has nothing to do with prizes.
It’s about doing a tournament and having fun. If people that good are entering than the participants should be excited about having a chance to beat amazing players.

Offline Darius.

• First Lieutenant
  • Tornado survivor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dracula himself
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 09:27:22 am »
What is a player?
Public players, regiment players, 1,000 hours, 10,000 hours it does not matter. This tournament has nothing to do with prizes.
It’s about doing a tournament and having fun. If people that good are entering than the participants should be excited about having a chance to beat amazing players.
They're called competitive players
Practice is good and all that, but alcohol and sex is also quite an apealing prospect.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 09:30:07 am »
I am not sure to get the entire thing but maybe announcing a bit clearer within the OP what are your goals for this tournament, for what kind of player it is primarily designed, etc.. would help getting the full picture of such a project.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 10:35:01 am »
What is a player?
>makes a tournament with a prize exclusively for two servers
>opens the tournament up to players of those two servers
>all is fine, loads of people have signed up for the tournament, no problems with participation
>NRP admins decide to release the tournament to FSE and therefore bring top 10 players to the tournament in which they care nothing about either server
>all those whom signed up for the tournament originally have no prospect of winning the falsehood provided to them about having a chance to beat amazing players is quite frankly laughable
>a tournament which was once open to the communities of either server, have effectively no reason to play because no matter how far the go they will reach one of these players and quite frankly they're in a different league
>the excitement disappears when you have no chance of winning- which occurred when you released it to the comp scene

if you can't see where I'm coming from I'm totally down to speak on discord or teamspeak
si vis pacem, parabellum

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 10:46:26 am »
Good luck everyone involved! We will pass this around the 59th! Tommy you being ex-59th, you should know the vast majority of NW players, literally less than 000.1% have a FSE account. How do you figure that? Check the amount of people who own NW DLC and those who have a forum account.

NW has some fantastic public players. Just check the mini-siege ranking out. Regiments go on servers like NWRP and mini-siege and scout the players who a few scores. Most swet regiments don't recruit now and rely on about 50 NW players who are recycled between 3 regiments.

NRWP and Minisiege still attract a huge amount of people. I recruited many great players from public servers into the 59th. Great old servers like 33rd Siege.  SilverFlamingo, Hypno, PoshPanda, Tim being a few famous 59th players to be recruited that way. And this was before we owned NWRP or JB. Smart regiments attended these events to recruit and train some players with potential.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:53:37 am by sirkaide »

Offline Tommmy

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 11:19:47 am »
Good luck everyone involved! We will pass this around the 59th! Tommy you being ex-59th, you should know the vast majority of NW players, literally less than 000.1% have a FSE account. How do you figure that? Check the amount of people who own NW DLC and those who have a forum account.

NW has some fantastic public players. Just check the mini-siege ranking out. Regiments go on servers like NWRP and mini-siege and scout the players who a few scores. Most swet regiments don't recruit now and rely on about 50 NW players who are recycled between 3 regiments.

NRWP and Minisiege still attract a huge amount of people. I recruited many great players from public servers into the 59th. Great old servers like 33rd Siege.  SilverFlamingo, Hypno, PoshPanda, Tim being a few famous 59th players to be recruited that way. And this was before we owned NWRP or JB. Smart regiments attended these events to recruit and train some players with potential.
True, Kaide ,there are some good players on these public servers. As an ex-admin of NRP and a potential trial admin on Miniseige (if my activity is sufficient), I play on these servers everyday and rarely I find someone that good beat me let alone compete in a duel;  and there are people that have entered far better than me that just ruin the chance and to an extent the fun for everyone else. If Hypno or Posh were to play in this I guarantee they would trash everyone bar the comp players that has signed up- which is directly as a a result of this FSE thread being opened (the majority of comp players use FSE), this tournament is no longer for those whom play on either of these servers it's just a same old, same old comp tourney.
si vis pacem, parabellum