Poll

Which would you prefer? (if any)

NWBC (NW Battle Championship league)
47 (82.5%)
NW Campaign (Bot campaign)
10 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: New large scale event... Pick!  (Read 3954 times)

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
New large scale event... Pick!
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:39:38 pm »
Hi all -

I'm looking to potentially get a large scale event off the ground over the summer period (after EIC) and can't decide between the two below, so looking for input as to which (if any) the community might be interested in taking part in. I posted in this forum as I thought it would get most exposure here, though it is debatable if one of them is truly 'competitive'...

NWBC

The first suggestion is a reboot of an old league, NWBC (Napoleonic Wars Battle Championship). This league saw coalitions of regiments form together, to fight classic style NW Linebattles but with a more competitive atmosphere. I have some basic rules prepared to give you an idea of what this league might look like:

Spoiler
1. Basic rules:
#1.1 Minimum attendance to matches is 50 players.

#1.2 Should attendance of both teams exceed this number then the maximum advantage any one team may have over the other is 5 players.

#1.3 Line infantry, Lights/Rifles(max15) and Cavalry (max15) classes must be involved. The addition of artillery(max10) permitted but must be approved by both teams prior to the match.

#1.4 Regardless of the maximum numbers given for each class (see class rules), teams must be comprised of 50% Line infantry at all times.

#1.5 Matches will consist of 4 rounds on a single map (custom or random) with a side swap.

#1.6 If either team is considered to be camping, displaying no attempt to gain or give gound then a warning may be issued once (per round). Should the warning be ignored that team may be forced to forfeit that round.

#1.7 An 'All Charge' may be called if over 10mins of the round has elapsed or if both teams are to be considered camping. When called all units charge and resolve the round as soon as possible.
[close]
NW Campaign

The second suggestion is a Campaign which I proved concept for this time last year, with a successful outcome (even if the teams turned out to be a little imbalanced activity wise). See below links for more details but it's essentially a commander battle campaign, fought over a virtual map in fse which uses different denominations of units for different troop types, using a higher player to bot ratio than you usually have in commander battle servers, primarily to encourage cooperation within the units:

Here is the thread with the rules for this (hosted back in July last year):
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=38799.0

Outcome summary of the last campaign can be found on the post here:
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=38798.30

Tried to keep the post as concise as pos since it's just gauging interest :D thanks in advance for any feedback x

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
Re: New large scale event... Pick!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 09:49:11 am »
I'd prefer NWBC personally, been a while since the last one of that and it was a fun concept the last time I played in it. Plus I'm sure there would be plenty of regiments interested in that when EIC ends.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:07:48 am »
NWBC looks epic imma say yes to that
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 01:46:49 pm »
While a NW campaign could be a hell of fun if properly run, I am not sure there has been one hosted successfully since the game exists. Considering the state of the community, I reckon a NWBC is a safer choice and could surely provide for some enjoyable fights.

Always a good thing to gather ideas here even though these events don't really stand out as extremely competitive. I'm sure a lot of players would enjoy that regardless so hopefully everything works out after the EIC for you guys to organize this.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:50:20 pm »
Thanks all, you may well be right with the NWBC being the better option - at the very least it's a lot less work. I did thankfully make a successful campaign this time last year though Tardet :) look at the 2nd link and there's a summary at the bottom! If there's sufficient interest for that maybe that'll be a project for another time :D

If anyone has concerns to raise re. rules feel free to raise them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 02:14:59 pm »
Thanks all, you may well be right with the NWBC being the better option - at the very least it's a lot less work. I did thankfully make a successful campaign this time last year though Tardet :) look at the 2nd link and there's a summary at the bottom! If there's sufficient interest for that maybe that'll be a project for another time :D

Should take the time to read properly myself, thought it was the rules of one of these successful events hosted some years back. I might have come across that thread once or twice but never took the time to look deep into it, will do now thanks! :)

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 02:19:26 pm »

Should take the time to read properly myself, thought it was the rules of one of these successful events hosted some years back. I might have come across that thread once or twice but never took the time to look deep into it, will do now thanks! :)

No worries, to be fair it was only partially successful; UK lost heart quite quickly as some of their sign-ups activity plummeted and they struggled to get attendance along to matches. Ended up finishing at turn 5.

Offline Rhinosmyth

• First Lieutenant
  • The Inactive Colonel of the 65y
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »
tbf NWBC does look good, I think we did something a few years ago simular with 14th Dukey or someone hosting it and it was really fun. Only problem now is that we'd have trouble finding regiments to partner with, some reason we seem to be abit toxic, no clue why  :D :D :D

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 03:44:52 pm »
NWBC looks like a great idea  :D

Offline Bagins

• Second Lieutenant
  • Love to GF love to Win
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Faggins
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 04:04:54 pm »
Would another linebattle tourney really work? like it seems most people aren't interested in getting shot anymore and its all about groupfighting. I think that commander battle tourney sounds like a bit of fun however :)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 04:56:31 pm »
It's only certain players not interested in lb's anymore and generally they tend to be the more inactive ones in regimental scenes. I think plenty of regiments would still be interested.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »
NWBC was amazing!! Pls redo  :-*

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 05:40:20 pm »
when i was Col of 18th we were having ideas with 2v2 Linebattles..... its literally as basic as it sounds, 2 regiments vs another 2.... each team has many ways they can go about it, e.g. stick together, pretend to be 1 massive line, or 1 line distract while the other flank.... any similar concept to those would interest me.  either way gl with whichever u choose kinky!

Edit: so NWBC pretty much is what im saying, but with however many regiments u choose per side.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 05:55:20 pm »
Would another linebattle tourney really work? like it seems most people aren't interested in getting shot anymore and its all about groupfighting. I think that commander battle tourney sounds like a bit of fun however :)

I mean just look at the EIC, there were 22 regiments attending at the beginning of the season. Sure, a lot of them have actually dropped but I believe it's mostly due to the format rather than people not being interested in LBs.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 10:18:54 pm »
when i was Col of 18th we were having ideas with 2v2 Linebattles..... its literally as basic as it sounds, 2 regiments vs another 2.... each team has many ways they can go about it, e.g. stick together, pretend to be 1 massive line, or 1 line distract while the other flank.... any similar concept to those would interest me.  either way gl with whichever u choose kinky!

Edit: so NWBC pretty much is what im saying, but with however many regiments u choose per side.

Thanks bae x

Essentially this is what i'm proposing (as in it's on a comparatively small scale) but with the addition of the cav and lights to spice things up and let bigger regs use their additional companies. No FiC rules and 50v50 will allow for a decent proportion of melee to shooting I reckon with less lag than your typical LB.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:38:15 pm by 33rdKincaid »