Author Topic: Ideal Mouse Settings?  (Read 8624 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Ideal Mouse Settings?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 11:14:38 am »
"Ideal" is different from person to person

However imo, you basically want to have it on the highest possible sensitivity you can handle (without impairing your blocking and so on)

Offline Sir-Legion

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_ExpertVet / 4e_Cvl_SirLegion
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 09:23:53 am »
There are some tutorials on YouTube i believe.
The one from 'FrankieonPc' i found quite useful
“He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.”
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 06:35:46 pm »
Have it almost at highest. Otherwise I can't spam these feintspins.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Eternal

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 02:49:06 pm »
Mouse settings would depend on your physical surroundings while gaming.
You want to have a good mouse pad, perhaps a big one. Or get rid of it at all, and get a good table.
Everything physical will effect you first. Any disadvantages here, you go to the settings to fix it up.

I try to have a medium mouse sensitivity, so I could pick up my shots with the highest chance of hitting a target. Some people have a button that can change sensitivity to their liking anytime, so this task is easier for them.

Medium also means I have to turn my mouse more and spend more real life energy working out my hands to turn. Despite how lazy I am, this is not as bad as you might imagine.

To sum it up - everyone has their own ideal settings, so everyone should set it up themselves.

Offline Eternal

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »
Max sens. That way when you die you look like you're good by doing fast spins.

Your spin spins don't depend on your mouse speed. They have limit, thus having high mouse sensitive is useless.
Only time when it actually helps is when you stand still, or block while standing still.

Offline Alator

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [v75]Alator
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 09:44:54 pm »
It really depends on your fighting style. Personally mine is extremely high so that spinning becomes more effective :p

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 03:30:28 pm »
spin 2 win

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 05:37:23 pm »
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Ghost9447

• First Lieutenant
  • A Pickle
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 06:37:18 am »
xD
I'm not going to spam anymore. I've tried to stop Ghost by fighting him with his own weapons - but I've failed. The Messhall is his again.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 10:59:08 am »
never moved it past the middle mark.(which i believe is default)  with that said, it is whatever you handle that fits your play style.

also, inverse is best for melee imo if you can learn to handle it.  tho it is better to learn inverse movements when you are newer at the game than a multi year vet.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 11:26:35 am »
never moved it past the middle mark.(which i believe is default)  with that said, it is whatever you handle that fits your play style.

also, inverse is best for melee imo if you can learn to handle it.  tho it is better to learn inverse movements when you are newer at the game than a multi year vet.
how so? :o

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 12:16:53 pm »
It's easier to learn from scratch as noob than relearn inverse after yeas of experience with the normal way.

As for melee itself.  To avoid confusion, ill just spell everything out in terms of details. This may be helpful to someone completely new.  Let's hope my phone doesn't auto correct the wrong words.

Because some people ay not know, aiming for the chest or head is best. 

To do a down attack with inverse, you have to move your mouse up.  With that one motion, you get the attack you want and your mouse is already moving to where you want to hit.  Just one motion. With the normal way, you have to move your mouse down THEN up to aim for the chest and head.  Even with small movements, it is not a single motion.  It is not as fluid.  Momentum is also easier to get with 1 fluid motion. (Momentum can be the difference in wounding or killing.  It's how I kill people with construction hammers from horseback)

Up attack is similar as you are bringing your attack down on their head with one motion. 

Swords are similar but a tad different. It works better with footwork required to make them useful. It is also easier to make use of your momentum as you are moving your mouse in the direction of the swing.  If you are doing a left swing (so you move your mouse right. The sword itself moves left to right.) by moving your mouse right, you get the extra speed.  To do a normal left attack.  You had to move your mouse left THEN right. You lose a lot of momentum and possibly aim and time to do your attack properly.

Anyways it has worked for me.  It can give you an advantage over those who don't use it if you use it properly.(I am out of practice now so don't look to me for a good example.  Maybe a few years ago.)

I will note blocking is the same.  It's only the attacks that changed.  Hope this helped.

Edit.  I find chamering easier with inverse as well.  Your camera is already going towards the target area to do a proper chamber.  Your aim In general is better as well with your stabs/swings imo
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:54:13 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 12:36:30 pm »
oh my goodness that was eye-opening, damn

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 01:38:06 pm »
oh my goodness that was eye-opening, damn
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man