Author Topic: NA Community Representative: November 2022-January 2023  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Community Representative: November 2022-January 2023
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022, 12:59:58 am »
good questions!
click here to join the 84th

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2022, 03:14:28 am »
Glenn, how are you going to fix the systematic racism inherent in this system?
He will do nothing because he is a fraud
We’ll have to see if he’s worst than hunter.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2022, 04:24:06 am »
Mini-Update

-Congratulations to Team Duck Crimer and Friends (DCAF) for winning the first season of the North American Groupfighting League. An All-Star match will be played on Sunday November 20th. More information on the upcoming season can be found on this post with potential rule changes for the upcoming season.

-The joint North American and South American event hosted on Saturdays now begins at 7 PM EST and runs for approximately a hour. Sign ups found here.

Offline Kong

• Second Lieutenant
  • forever PRY + COC #RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kong
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2022, 09:20:56 pm »
NA Community Representative Thread: November 2022 to January 2023

Yo what's going on guys, GlennofNW here. I am happy to return as a NA CR for this term of November-January 2023! First off, I'd like to say thank you to Soulja Boy for being CR from August to October 2022. My goal is to update this thread as often as possible to notify the community of any new events.

Now, let’s get started.

The Napoleonic Wars North American community has not in the best shape for some time. Regimental groupfights and 1v1s are now of the past. The competitive scene has now been reduced down to draft leagues. The casual linebattle scene is struggling to survive, but there are still events.

On the other hand, the North American Battle Cry of Freedom scene continues to have community hosted events.

In this post, I will be highlighting what is happening throughout the community and what the future may hold.

I will be providing clickable links to each event if you are interested in getting involved in any of them!

What's happening around the community?

Napoleonic Wars
Godfreid has been running an auction draft league with his North American Groupfighting League. This league is currently in the playoffs!

The casual linebattle scene is still around with the joint NA + SA event hosted in Miami on Saturdays. This event averages 120 people. The 61e has added a FOL script during the Saturdays event which makes the rulebreaker deal no damage.

There is a Sunday hosted NW event on a Brazilian server which several NA regiments do attend. If you are interested in attending, talk to an officer in the ERB discord.

There is also a Discord that includes the remaining leaders of the North American scene, if you are interested in being invited into this discord, feel free to message me on Discord, FSE, or Steam that will be left on the bottom of this post.

Battle Cry of Freedom
Monday's the FSE discord hosts weekly community events. Join their discord here!

There is a Wednesday event still hosted, sign ups can be found in their discord here!

Goals

- Provide any form of support to the current draft league and any other draft leagues that begin during my term
- Attempt to keep the casual NW scene alive
- To clean up the North American community forums on both the BCoF and NW side to my best of my ability

These goals are subject to change as time passes.

Contact Information

If you need to get in contact with me, the best way would actually be Discord or FSE as my steam friends list is kinda full. However if you do have me on steam, you can also contact me through that means as well.

This is my Steam
This is my FSE
This is my Discord: *Glenn*#0084

I appreciate everyone for taking the time to read this, or some of it! Enjoy!

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2022, 05:38:35 am »
Addressing the MM Situation

Hi everyone, I’m going to be dedicating this post to addressing the Matchmaking Situation here on NA as I’ve been receiving multiple messages on when MM will return.

I will start off by saying I do not have a date on when it will return or even if it will return. Unfortunately LaPache and I are still trying to figure out what is causing the issue.

For those wondering what the issue is, NA matchmaking has been having this issue where the match completes on the Napoleonic Wars server, but it does not complete on the website end of things. MMR does not get calculated, and the match just starts over again with the same individuals that are previously queued from the match that just completed.

This issue first appeared around May-June 2022 of this year. During this time period, Warlance Game Hosting were hosting these servers up until July 2022 when they stopped providing servers for Napoleonic Wars.

So you might be wondering, let’s try using different servers. I did purchase two new servers from US Game Hosting, which I believe are also the same server providers for Godfreid’s current draft league. After running a test 3v3 with several individuals on December 20th, 2022, the issue continues with the matches being unable to calculate MMR after the match completes on the Napoleonic Wars server. Plus the server was very unstable during the test match.

Another question I have been asked is why can’t we just copy and paste the scripts from EU over to NA. We have already copied and pasted the in-game scripts from EU over to the NA matchmaking servers. We had a 3v3 test back on November 21st, 2022 where the scripts were not working properly. Players were able to pass the line before the timer runs down, players could shoot, and players can spawn as other classes than Line Infantry.

To those individuals who have been helping me test, I appreciate you taking your time out of your evenings to help try to get this issue fixed. I will continue to try to keep you all posted on any Matchmaking updates.

If there are any other questions, or have any other theories, feel free to post below or send me a message. Thanks!

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2022, 06:22:46 am »
Don’t care + cracker
CoC > any other team

Phailur

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2022, 02:28:22 am »
5 rt and I drop glenns hulu password
CoC > any other team

Phailur

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2022, 05:58:29 pm »
goodbye

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 02:34:23 am »
All those times I ran for CR and never won. It was never meant to be.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2023, 03:55:20 am »
Appreciate the two terms I had as CR. hope for the best for everyone!