Author Topic: 15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Yo Its Boop

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: 15th Election (April-June term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2019, 10:21:41 pm »
Name: BigBoiBoop

NA or EU: NA

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes I do understand the responsibility and if breaking that trust the punishment. Also I do feel I have the confidence and Smarts to not break that trust.

Why should you become CR?: I think I should become CR because I feel like I have the confidence smarts and the self control to make NW better than it already has. I also think I should become CR because I am a very respectful and nice kind person.

I also want to list the reasons and who I am as a person: I should become CR because even though NW is dying (I think we all see that) and I want to fix this. How you may ask well I would first get all the events set such as some events are dying and try to get more people and new regiments to come out and join in on the fun and the community of NW.

I also want to help by making the community less toxic I know that this task may be hard and time consuming but in the end it would work out by making the community a happier and friendly environment. How you may ask well here is why, I would make NW less toxic by putting regiments who are rivals

I would Also help the NW community by giving helpful advice to regiments players and people in general.
I would do this by opening up to people who need help advice or anything I would advertise my E-mail so people can contact me for complaints someone to talk to or anything. I also have had a rough time in my life at points so I want the people who do to open up to someone and make them better people in and out of the community.

I would also like to help with Regimental problems especially new regiments
I would do this by helping them register there regiment getting them setup for events and answering any questions they have for me or NW its self.

Finally I would like to say thank you for allowing me to take this chance of such a high position in NW thank you and (you know you wanna pick me lmao)

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2019, 10:38:57 pm »

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes I do understand the responsibility and if breaking that trust the punishment. Also I do feel I have the confidence and Smarts to not break that trust.

Why should you become CR?: I think I should become CR because I feel like I have the confidence smarts and the self control to make NW better than it already has. I also think I should become CR because I am a very respectful and nice kind person.

I also want to list the reasons and who I am as a person: I should become CR because even though NW is dying (I think we all see that) and I want to fix this. How you may ask well I would first get all the events set such as some events are dying and try to get more people and new regiments to come out and join in on the fun and the community of NW.

I also want to help by making the community less toxic I know that this task may be hard and time consuming but in the end it would work out by making the community a happier and friendly environment. How you may ask well here is why, I would make NW less toxic by putting regiments who are rivals

I would Also help the NW community by giving helpful advice to regiments players and people in general.
I would do this by opening up to people who need help advice or anything I would advertise my E-mail so people can contact me for complaints someone to talk to or anything. I also have had a rough time in my life at points so I want the people who do to open up to someone and make them better people in and out of the community.

I would do this by helping them register there regiment getting them setup for events and answering any questions they have for me or NW its self.

Finally I would like to say thank you for allowing me to take this chance of such a high position in NW thank you and (you know you wanna pick me lmao)
who the fuck
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 10:39:02 pm »

Yolo datchu

|Viper|

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 10:44:25 pm »

Pedro?

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 10:53:13 pm »
You trolls have to get better. Made the account 30 mins ago...smh
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 10:57:40 pm »
You trolls have to get better. Made the account 30 mins ago...smh

you have to be cpl rank on fse alone just to apply to be a voter lol

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:16 pm »
why even have a CR reason why game isnt played much is fatigue

Norwegian13

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:52 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Application will not be added.

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 01:25:30 am »
Even though he’s linking logical fallacies like an absolute beta, Windy is coming off the back of what is probably in the top 5 most active terms an NA CR has put together. I declare my reservations unfounded and give my vote to Wind

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 01:37:43 am »
Even though he’s linking logical fallacies like an absolute beta, Windy is coming off the back of what is probably in the top 5 most active terms an NA CR has put together. I declare my reservations unfounded and give my vote to Wind

Earth is much better

Offline Niko_The_Great

• Sergeant
  • God Save Harperism
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PappaHarper
  • Side: Union
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2019, 05:44:36 am »
I wonder since I'm EU, but I'm known in the NA because I only play NA it'd be fun seeing an Irishman take over the American fucks.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2019, 09:08:54 am »
I wonder since I'm EU, but I'm known in the NA because I only play NA it'd be fun seeing an Irishman take over the American fucks.
No

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2019, 02:39:07 pm »
Name: Chicken

EU or NA?: EU

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?:
I really just had a heartbeat I have to give it a shot. I obviously have a slightly idea of what I'm up to, the backing to apply for CR and confidence on myself.

I've been into the commmunity since 2013 and the golden days of the 33rd siege, and although I didnt engage into the forums until a year after I know well about those times and learnt a great deal. Ever since I have been into various sections of the community taking different roles and now I hope, as CR, I can bring these together and expand the renoun of this position; to introduce people into the forum ecosystem by seeing a known face taking these responsabilities and becoming anyone's ear to listen to their issues and spokesman to solve them. As an old community member, as an usual NCO in 1st league regiments, as Spain's historical NWWC team captain and second only to Tenford (rip), tournament organiser and overseer, and a K-KA pleb my election will bring awareness about this role and potentially motivate others to apply for future candidacies.
In regards to transparency and forum influence one of my priorities would be to have a more sensible approach to enforce punishments on rulebreaking. Often times spam and offensive language are dealt in great diaparity, regardless of their context. Too many times I've seen friends immediately muted for either quoting/doubleposting or using "racial slurs" within inoffensive jokes and in the other hand come across the wost of the offenses and ugliest of insults to be barely *snipped*. I will watch over user reports and threads and contextualise each case, reccomending an even non-biased course of action. My goal on this is to have more people enjoying their time in the forums and put an end to spoiled children insulting one another over a videogame.

Secondly, I'll be encouraging the new tournament organisers to take a new approach on their respective competitions. I have organised tournaments myself and seen the old ones, those competitions were grand events full of expectation and each with a unique personality. At some point during the rise of the new generation of french players (FrenchTouch) new players started arranging their own competitions in a faster pace, overruning the system. At this day tournaments are completely streamlined, regular events where its about the usual few people playing each other again and again. I know about a couple very old sagas about to make a comeback this year, making a display of the old system. As a community representative I will be in contact with all these organisers, old and new, and advise them on how to make their events unique: Have a new generation of referees able to assist and resolve situations, have forum art makers and bb coders involved in aswell as map makers and, ultimately, establish a calendar with all ongoing competitions of atleast the three months ahead. This last measurement would be a place for all competitions to be displayed and community members to planify for upcoming events and forsee a lack or repetition of certain modalities. Events should never overlap one another, and a global awareness will definitively be positive. This would also establish a direct communication between organisers and community representatives where there was none before. Dates could be requested to be changed and improvements on competitions, encouraged. What I hope to see is an increase of people jumping into these competitions with a much clearer list of priorities, incentivating old and new teams and players alike.
I have no plans for the casual event scene, although I would seek contact with linebattle organisers to know their concerns. I am open for anyone to reach out to me. I've spent years in the casual scene collecting experience and I'm in a position, as an experienced player and CR, to suggest, manage, assist and resolve any issues, concerns, ideas, quarrels and other technical issues. I honestly would like to see more competitive players having casual fun and inexperienced players, eager to learn more about the game or improve, try their luck in a few competitive events. We'll see if I can make ends meet.

To close this up, I'm making a call of confidence on my skills to earn your vote and on how will I handle this role. As a longstanding player, I have a wide perspective on how to tackle new issues and a vast list of contacts I can rely on to help the community out for good. As an adult, I'm a good listener and have the needed temperament. As an event organiser, I know the ins-and-outs of administration, thread-making and subforums. As a spanish player in the international scene, I know what it is to be underrepresented, about the national scenes unique nature and their potential to contribute to the global pool. As part of a minority group I can tell well racist and homophobic attitudes and put them down right in the spot, but specially I'm someone users can rely on to understand them and help out, be it forum-wise or personal, directly or anonimally, being in reach in FSE , steam and teamspeak, from my pc or my phone.

Please raise your hands if you have any questions. I hope this is readable and makes sense.
Thank you for your time :)
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Norwegian13

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2019, 03:15:10 pm »

Feel free to apply for NA if you wish.