Poll

Which pack should come first?

French Revolutionary pack 1798-1800
28 (49.1%)
Third Coalition War 1803-1806
29 (50.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Beta's Shack |Retired until Bannerlord|  (Read 157254 times)

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Beta's Shack |Upcoming Pack Teaser! Pg 53|
« Reply #825 on: April 15, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »
Personally, I would have let it slide because they just look bitching and it is something new. But since Beta is working on a Revolutionary Era pack the whole point is moot.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #826 on: April 15, 2014, 09:39:50 pm »
Personally, I would have let it slide because they just look bitching and it is something new. But since Beta is working on a Revolutionary Era pack the whole point is moot.

How is it new? There are no line infantry units with Bicornes and there are no line units with tarletons. Only arty units (Brits and Austrians) have those headwear....

told that bih don't @ me

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #827 on: April 15, 2014, 09:51:21 pm »
90th Perthshire?
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 15, 2014, 10:02:43 pm »

How is it new? There are no line infantry units with Bicornes and there are no line units with tarletons. Only arty units (Brits and Austrians) have those headwear....

It is something new to look at. You are over thinking things now.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 15, 2014, 10:18:35 pm »
Again, the Perthshire had Helmets. They actually baited a cavalry charge because the French thought they were dismounted Dragoons.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:49 pm »
Uniform issue and withdrawal took far more time than people seem to acknowledge. Take the Belgic shako for example; although it was 'officially' issued in 1812 the vast majority of regiments (particularly those serving in the Peninsular and North America) didn't receive the issue until after the Waterloo Campaign.

Old kit was usually kept in service until it had deteriorated past the point of repair.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 15, 2014, 10:37:10 pm »
Again, the Perthshire had Helmets. They actually baited a cavalry charge because the French thought they were dismounted Dragoons.

We mean in game brooooo

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #832 on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:10 pm »
Sven, I'm quite confused as to what you are trying to say, compile a nice text and post your opinion, but do clear up which side you are on... :|

Once again, the Helmet is just for show and its optional, if you don't want it that's is fine, I will ave two versions of the pack (so one with the helmet and one without) , but decide please which pack. The one I show is mainly third coalition war units (apart from the one with the tarleton helmet)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:55:35 pm by Betaknight »
The first modder for NW.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #833 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:23 pm »
The elite units loved cocking around with the uniforms though. Almost all Voltiguers wore their little epaulettes even though they were not allowed, foot Carabiniers and grenadiers still carried their bearskin caps for several years even though they too were abolished.

Voltiguers were allowed epaulletes. It's the Chasseurs (centre companies of the Legere) that weren't. And yes, they kept wearing them, but that's also due to elitism and conservatism. The helmet had only been around for a few years. Uniforms regulations were not always pushed trough at once, but usually, after a while it, was tried to dress the men in the new uniforms if the opportunity rose, even if the uniforms had not been worn out completely. To what was issued and what wasn't, there is simply just not one answer. One has to look at every nation, even every individual unit to find out what the deal was.

In fact, the only army of which I'm 100% that they, as a rule, did NOT replace old uniforms with new uniforms before they had been completely worn out, new regulations or not, was, how surprisingly, the Dutch. This had rather an... effect in the field. Yes, that's all one unit. Perhaps even just two squadrons, which could mean that every company had a different uniform.

And yes. Add Batavan Republic pl0x. I have exact description and pictures of the uniforms.

Hmmmmmm...smexy...
[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:10:21 pm by Duuring »

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 15, 2014, 11:21:08 pm »
The elite units loved cocking around with the uniforms though. Almost all Voltiguers wore their little epaulettes even though they were not allowed, foot Carabiniers and grenadiers still carried their bearskin caps for several years even though they too were abolished.

Voltiguers were allowed epaulletes. It's the Chasseurs (centre companies of the Legere) that weren't. And yes, they kept wearing them, but that's also due to elitism and conservatism. The helmet had only been around for a few years. Uniforms regulations were not always pushed trough at once, but usually, after a while it, was tried to dress the men in the new uniforms if the opportunity rose, even if the uniforms had not been worn out completely. To what was issued and what wasn't, there is simply just not one answer. One has to look at every nation, even every individual unit to find out what the deal was.

No they weren't allowed to have epaulettes. The War ministry decreed in 1808 that the only distinction between fusilier dress and voltiguer dress was to be a yellow collar, and it was prohibited for regiments to use funding to buy epaulettes for voltiguers.

Sven, I'm quite confused as to what you are trying to say, compile a nice text and post your opinion, but do clear up which side you are on... :|

I'm saying that i think the helmet is ugly in the first place, and that it was not common when compared to the bicorne which was the most common headwear. I'm pro-Bicorne.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 15, 2014, 11:50:27 pm »

No they weren't allowed to have epaulettes. The War ministry decreed in 1808 that the only distinction between fusilier dress and voltiguer dress was to be a yellow collar, and it was prohibited for regiments to use funding to buy epaulettes for voltiguers.

Yep. I was wrong. I checked it real quick and it were the grenadiers that were allowed to keep their epaulettes. Interesting, because the Garde Nationale had companies of 'Chasseurs' WITH the green-fringed epaulletes, issued in 1813. By regulation. I also think the Royalist army of 1815 re-issued them.

And you're definitely right. I'm really yet to see a period picture of a Voltigeur without his epaulettes. Seems like they ignored those regulations en masse. That's what you get when you ask elite units to abandon the one thing that shows them as being elite  :P

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 16, 2014, 12:55:13 am »
Well, Sven, the pack 1803-1806 will not have the helmet. But since the revolutionary war and the first coalition war still used the helmet, it will be implemented in the revolutionary pack, i only want to know which pack should be finished first?
The first modder for NW.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 16, 2014, 01:05:52 am »
Reeevolutionary.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 16, 2014, 01:09:17 am »
You gotta vote vote vote  8)
The first modder for NW.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 16, 2014, 01:10:26 am »
Vote, what is this Denmark?