Author Topic: 2019 is for me the end of NW  (Read 21046 times)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 2019 is for me the end of NW
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 09:40:10 am »
Holy fuck it's spelt lose not loose bean you're killing me

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

David_Schrein

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 10:32:39 am »
People have been saying that NW is dead for at least 3 years now and every time there is always some revival with new players and new competitions. I will admit though it's obvious the player count has slowly and steadily declined to the point where even big events are averaging low player counts. It's such a shame as well because I believe the skill ceiling is very high now.  But a lot of the players still playing the game at least on the competitive infantry side are in a tight little bubble and its about 15-30 players just fighting over and over again to see who is best. If NW had retained it's player count since 2012-2014 era I could imagine the competitive side would be insane but never mind. It will however eventually die out and I think Bannerlord will be the final blow.

EDIT: Mighypains tournaments are also kind of annoying now especially that one hosted on Monday was just a joke.
I agree with golden here, Because only 10 teams signed up for mightypains tourn doesn't make the whole community dead. If Marxeil hosted the same tourn im sure 16 teams with 2-3 reserves wouldve signed up. Ofcourse we are stuck at the point of fighting the same 50-60 people but some newgens pop up from time to time and I personally think if there was a better host or more exciting tournament format, more people or teams would sign up. E.g fotin postponed his old 2v2 tourn and has been swapping the date for his depletion tourn aswell. Mightypain did the same now and didnt get much signups either. With a M. Tournament i dont see these problems. Maybe its just me.

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 10:49:16 am »
People have been saying that NW is dead for at least 3 years now and every time there is always some revival with new players and new competitions. I will admit though it's obvious the player count has slowly and steadily declined to the point where even big events are averaging low player counts. It's such a shame as well because I believe the skill ceiling is very high now.  But a lot of the players still playing the game at least on the competitive infantry side are in a tight little bubble and its about 15-30 players just fighting over and over again to see who is best. If NW had retained it's player count since 2012-2014 era I could imagine the competitive side would be insane but never mind. It will however eventually die out and I think Bannerlord will be the final blow.

EDIT: Mighypains tournaments are also kind of annoying now especially that one hosted on Monday was just a joke.
I agree with golden here, Because only 10 teams signed up for mightypains tourn doesn't make the whole community dead. If Marxeil hosted the same tourn im sure 16 teams with 2-3 reserves wouldve signed up. Ofcourse we are stuck at the point of fighting the same 50-60 people but some newgens pop up from time to time and I personally think if there was a better host or more exciting tournament format, more people or teams would sign up. E.g fotin postponed his old 2v2 tourn and has been swapping the date for his depletion tourn aswell. Mightypain did the same now and didnt get much signups either. With a M. Tournament i dont see these problems. Maybe its just me.
The reason why I changed the date of the Melee depletion Tournament is because we didn't have enough players to make it. I don't think that you guys would enjoy a 16v16 in the first round, am I wrong ?

Now we'll keep discussing about the creation of an "Hosting team". A big part of the tournaments hosters and of the team captains agree with this concept.

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 12:50:37 pm »

lol are u retarded or what youre saying that 16 teams would sign up in a 7v7 tournament tell me which teams i see always same teams in every tournament
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:07:41 pm by MightyPaiN »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 01:20:08 pm »
The most an M. Tournament has ever had was 13 teams. But Marxeil usually caps to around 7-10. Besides it makes sense why other teams don't want to sign up. There is realistically like 3 teams that can win the tournament and the rest are there to play a ft5 lose 0-5 and go home lol. I wouldn't sign up to that shit. All-Stars, FrenchTouch, Poosy, Chimpz. Killed the game due to just having ridiculously stacked teams, I tried to counter that with teams like TBE and bullyland with little success but whatever. Some argument can be made that having a team with just the top 10 best players in it is retarded and boring and ruined the competitive side to some degree.

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 01:24:00 pm »
lol complain about stacked teams but still play in them  :P

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 01:24:46 pm »
 :P

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 01:27:49 pm »
The most an M. Tournament has ever had was 13 teams. But Marxeil usually caps to around 7-10. Besides it makes sense why other teams don't want to sign up. There is realistically like 3 teams that can win the tournament and the rest are there to play a ft5 lose 0-5 and go home lol. I wouldn't sign up to that shit. All-Stars, FrenchTouch, Poosy, Chimpz. Killed the game due to just having ridiculously stacked teams, I tried to counter that with teams like TBE and bullyland with little success but whatever. Some argument can be made that having a team with just the top 10 best players in it is retarded and boring and ruined the competitive side to some degree.
I'd argue also that back in the day teams generally didn't switch players as much, currently the team's now switch players in and out without a second thought because they only care about winning (which is devalued in itself) whereas before you'd have a solid line up of people whom not only want to win but retain their title/do better then last tournament or simply see how much they had progressed since the last tournament.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 01:31:01 pm »
idk only got 3rd place last tourny m8

edit: and had to win a 6v7 vs capitalists

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 01:32:11 pm »
idk only got 3rd place last tourny m8

ah nevermind chimpz bully tbe never were stacked teams ur right u play in medium tier teams lolo jtpojewggrdewsnlobhi k.,ee

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 01:37:12 pm »
i agree with you mate

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 01:44:09 pm »
@janne

Clearly you were not around for the beginning of TBE it was literally trash and we managed to beat chimpz. It's pretty hard to leave a stacked team like Chimpz and then win anything or do anything by yourself in a weaker team. And no other good players were doing the same they were all sitting in stacked teams still. But I did manage to beat a heavily stacked chimpz team with this team lol
Golden, Rydhs, Herishey, Kore, Moskito, 2oothbrush, Zappy, Rebellious. Beating both team France and ChimpZ heavily stacked teams. Bullyland was also not stacked really at all, it was similar level to snappers or jedis IMO but with very good leadership from Cr3a. TBE only got stacked after we won two 8v8 tournaments and ChimpZ formed the most OP lineup so the only solution was to invite frenchies such as extazz and lebrave and we still lost.

But yeah im sorry for not joining kamikaze or something and losing like  0-5 every tourny. Which I literally did for years before I played in terrible teams losing every tourny until I got good enough to be part of a decent team. And I did try to make the scene more competitive but to no success.

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 01:47:53 pm »
This game won't die unless Bannerlord eventually comes out
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 01:49:21 pm »
FrenchTouch was never a stacked team , we never recruit the best players of the game for play our tournaments.We didn't killed the game, on the contrary  we gave him a second life.
On 2015 when people saying nw is already a dead game , french players with frenchtouch  permit to  stimulate nw scene  by beating what was considered of the best players in the game.
We create more challenge on gf scene and this why the tournaments was very competitive.
Again , you said you tried to counter "stacked team" but you did nothing , you just do the reverse by joining poosy in the  5v5 m league and  in the same time of being TBE captain.
Poosy roster at this time : Python Hypno Voluble Bagins Herishey Tiberias Troister Golden Stark Dren
And create bully team which was a stacked team , you never try to make progress players.

So pls , be on adequation with your behavior on the game , it will avoid reading in your messages the opposite of what you really doing.
i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 01:58:59 pm »
FrenchTouch was never a stacked team , we never recruit the best players of the game for play our tournaments.We didn't killed the game, on the contrary  we gave him a second life.
On 2015 when people saying nw is already a dead game , french players with frenchtouch  permit to  stimulate nw scene  by beating what was considered of the best players in the game.
We create more challenge on gf scene and this why the tournaments was very competitive.
Again , you said you tried to counter "stacked team" but you did nothing , you just do the reverse by joining poosy in the  5v5 m league and  in the same time of being TBE captain.
Poosy roster at this time : Python Hypno Voluble Bagins Herishey Tiberias Troister Golden Stark Dren
And create bully team which was a stacked team , you never try to make progress players.

So pls , be on adequation with your behavior on the game , it will avoid reading in your messages the opposite of what you really doing.

So are you really just going to ignore All-stars ?

and this team -  LeBrave, Cr3a, Maharbaal, ExtaZz94, Tiberias, Troister, Owindd, Bessieres, Drake