Author Topic: Pompeii (Movie) Opinions?  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Pompeii (Movie) Opinions?
« on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:46 am »
Just wondering, has anyone seen this movie yet? With Kit Harington from GoT as main character, and with that guy from the 24 series.

Large pic
[close]

If you have seen it. What do you think of it? Personnaly I thought it was a really interesting theme. However I find the movie itself (including some details) so poorly done. The arena scenes just looks ripped off from The Gladiator. Also, ****sake there really had to be someone killed at the end of this drama? Thousands of people just died and why not kill another person where you have had a conflict with. Instead of getting the **** out of there.

Please share your thoughts about it if you watched the movie. :)

Btw, appologies if it's the wrong spot to post this stuff, but I just saw it and I was so dissapointed by the movie that I had to have a word about it.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
  • Side: Union
Re: Pompeii (Movie) Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:48:10 am »
Game of Thrones actor, automatically best movie 2k14

Honestly, I thought it was a very good movie. Largley dramatized, but what can be said for a movie, it was still good.  8)

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Fruble

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:27 am »
From looking at the reviews, and what I saw from the trailer... I doubt I'll be going to see it.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 04:49:48 pm »
I didn't watch it but here's what I heard someone say about it:

"The ending is too obvious"

No
Fucking
Shit
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Bronn of the Blackwater

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 04:51:18 pm »
A nice eye-candy, not much else. Has some memorable destruction scenes like those of 2012 (2009), but it is pretty much forgettable due to the lack of development in the relationship between Milo and the noble girl, among other important flaws. I'm not quite surprised though, the director is Paul W.S Anderson, the same guy who directed Resident Evil.  :-\