Author Topic: Information & General Discussion  (Read 10706 times)

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
Information & General Discussion
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:02:19 am »

Mod Team
Most people in our mod team have extensive modding experience. Details on how to join are in the FAQ.

Joseph:Coder|Rigger

Rigadoon: Modeler|Texturer

DiplexHeated: Sound Designer|2D Artist

Baillie: Texturer

Hudson: Modeler

BetaKnight: Modeler|Texturer

DiffusionXI: Modeler|Texturer

Bsnott: Modeler

DanyEle: Coder|Animator

Peppe019: Modeler|Texturer|Animator

KArantukki: Modeler|Texturer|Mapper

Wigster: Modeler
[close]

Credits
Thanks goes to these incredible people for their contributions to the mod. If you should be on this list but aren't, notify me immediately so I can get you up here! This list is not in any particular order.

Azrooh: Allowed us to use his complex shooting system, toggable bayonets, and bleeding/bandaging from Secession as well as coding for Iron Europe itself.

Wolfstar97: Starting the original mod. His work on BF Europe is why Iron Europe exists.

Kapellan: Allowing us to use his German weapons.

Lucke189: Creating the WWI OSP

AndreusAs: Allowing us to use sandbags from his mod.

ThatSillyLucas: Provided us info on the French.

Rojen: Former team member.

The Great War Team: Allowing us to use their research.

Harry: Providing incredibly detailed diagrams on a bunch of WWI weapons as well as bringing our attention to historical inaccuracies.

Skot the Sanguine: Gave us very useful information and photos of German equipment. He's always there for us when we need historical guidance.

Gallipoli 1915-1916 Team: Allowing us to use their resources including a rifle animation and battleship scene prop.

Willhelm: Provided coding assistance and created

Schinider: Bayonet charging animation.

Vornne: Coding Inspiration.

Faradon: Allowing us to use his Lightsabers, for admin weapons.

Hampus Norlander: Former team member who created models, textures, and art.

Croosaid.R: Former team member who created models and textures.

Austro: For creating a grenade, Austrian models and textures.

Docm30: For providing a Canadian uniform.
[close]

Other Links
Total War Center Thread
For the TWC forumers. This one is usually out of date.

Steam Group
Join up to get notifications on updates and be able to ask questions to developers! In the future we hope that the steam group will also make event hosting easier.

Mod DB Page
Pretty much the same as the page here. We just want to reach out to more people.

The Great War
A released WWI mod for Napoleon Total War. It's a ton of fun. Be sure to try out the tanks.
[close]

Introduction
Iron Europe is a World War I mod for the Mount&Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars DLC. Our goal is to immerse players in the brutal battles of WWI. Players will have the opportunity to fight it out, for France or for Germany, in the trenches and in no man's land. Play as an expendable rifleman grunt, a brave officer leading from the front, an artillerymen supporting comrades from afar, or an elite assault trooper, spearheading attacks. Use bolt-action rifles, machine guns, and pistols to take down enemies from a distance or close in and engage in brutal hand to hand combat with knives, clubs, and the trusty bayonet. A host of features, including whistles, bleeding, bandaging, and grenades have been added to bring the WWI experience to life.

Some history of the mod. The first WWI mod for Warband to ever be completed was The Vast Fields of Europe. While it had many interesting features, it was killed by buggy releases and lack of interest. Several months after the death of TVFoE, the team created Battlefield Europe 1916 with a whole new vision in mind. Iron Europe is a continuation of that vision. IE's first public release took place February 14, 2014. The day before, it reached #1 in popularity on ModDB.

Features
  • Two Factions: French Third Republic, German Empire. Fight for the French Third Republic or the German Empire. These mighty titans of Europe have different strengths and weaknesses which players can discover and use to their advantage.
  • Wide variety of classes: Each class is unique, with it's own advantages, disadvantages and equipment sets. Apart from typical, expected classes such riflemen, officers, and artillerymen, you'll have the opportunity to play as a support trooper, helping your comrades with ammunition and bandages. Or instead, be an elite Stormtrooper, serving the Vaterland by overrunning enemy defenses and striking deep into their territory. Yet more opportunities await you as a French trench sweeper, a Chauchat gunner or an armored German sentinel.
  • Tons of new weapons: A wide range of killing instruments are at your disposal including bolt-action rifles, revolvers, semi-autos, machine guns, knives, clubs and bayonets.
  • Sniper Rifles: Take out enemies from a distance with scoped rifles.
  • Heavy machine guns: Heavy machine guns can be carried around the battlefield and are highly effective in holding positions. Cut down advancing enemy forces with devastating firepower.
  • Grenades: Use grenades to assault enemy positions. There are several different types, including both fuse and percussion grenades. Each has unique characteristics, for example, the M16 Stielhandgranate has long range but is awkward to carry while the F1 grenade can be carried in great numbers but cannot be thrown very far. Several Stielhandgranates can be bundled together to form a concentrated charge.
  • Medical System: Taking a large amount of damage causes bleeding which can be stopped with bandages, carried by support troopers and medics. Medical Corp classes can provide treatment with morphine.
  • Ammunition Crates: Support troops can carry ammo crates around the battlefield, allowing comrades caught in prolonged combat to resupply.
  • Whistles: As an officer, rally your men and sound the charge with a whistle.
  • Binoculars: Binoculars come in handy when you're a sniper, artilleryman or officer. Locate enemy positions and plan accordingly.
  • Artillery: Rain fire on your enemies with infantry support guns, field guns and trench mortars.

Download             Game Guide & FAQ
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:01:44 pm by Rigadoon »

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Information & General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 05:33:49 am »
Glory!

You should put the new controls in this thread too, or link to the FAQ
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:37:52 am by Gunny »

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:40:00 am »
Good idea!

Offline Roach

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_Rec_George_Habert
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:44:14 am »
Very impressed with the mod, great work.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:58:08 am »
I saw, ie_frenchuniforms_STANDARD, what is it?

In the BRFs, the uniforms look cool.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 12:00:56 pm »
Those are just uniforms that are in-game? Or if not they will probably use them in the future.

Offline Roach

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_Rec_George_Habert
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:49:18 pm »
The lag on the servers is unreal.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:19:44 pm by Roach »

Offline zarenx

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 07:13:29 pm »
does anyone know about a download site with only the .RAR of the mod so i can put it up to the server ?:P
Quia pax et libertas

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 11:27:46 pm »
It doesn't exist. If it does, then it's possibly illegal.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »
It doesn't exist. If it does, then it's possibly illegal.
Indeed. See this (had such a link and was removed):
Spoiler
Server files absence, so I've rented a Windows vServer, installed Steam, installed Warband, started NW(which obviously crashed, but was necessary for IronEurope to find NW), installed Iron Europe 1.0 and 1.1, ripped Music, Textures, Sounds etc., and zipped it into a file:
Just unpack, edit the ironeurope.txt and start via the .bat(Windows) or via .sh(Linux with wine)

Best wishes,
Nettelbeck

And yes,also has all the other files inside, with 10GBit connection, happy loading.

It's not laziness, but just developers' intention not to release server files to prevent too many servers from being set up. That'd probably lead to public players getting lost on a hundred of tiny private servers, as many mod's released already proved. Server files would have been released a week or so after the mod's release, which should be.... in 4 days or so. Although i appreciate the fact that you put all those files free for download on your own server, i must remove that download link from the forums until official server files will be released by the Development Team.
[close]

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 06:35:52 pm »
Signature for the new faction, feel free to use it.

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 10:55:27 pm »
This guy is literally going to kill your player base with all his trolling, I suggest you get every server owner to perma-ban him (LeBRON_james that is). The screenshot doesn't do justice to the amount of TKing he took part in, he would use grenades to murder the German team en-masse, then exit the server and rejoin in order to avoid the autokick and autoban. Please ban this guy.

On behalf of your entire player base, I thank you for your attention.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HipsterRich

• Sergeant
  • Put something useful here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 12:02:08 am »
This guy is literally going to kill your player base with all his trolling, I suggest you get every server owner to perma-ban him (LeBRON_james that is). The screenshot doesn't do justice to the amount of TKing he took part in, he would use grenades to murder the German team en-masse, then exit the server and rejoin in order to avoid the autokick and autoban. Please ban this guy.

On behalf of your entire player base, I thank you for your attention.

Aye I was around when he was doing it a few times to a few friends.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 12:05:51 am »
Thanks for the report.

Edit: Also, you guys are welcome to add me on steam if you need an admin to take a look at something on the servers as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:28:19 am by Rigadoon »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 01:12:34 pm »
Is 2.0 still happening?