Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 927509 times)

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2670 on: February 05, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »
I have no clue what went on but wouldn't you say that insulting anywhere is wrong? Sure this is a video game but does that give you permission to act anyway else than you would with people you actually meet. After reading the post about the death of Alan I would have thought that people might be more aware of the fact that there is an actual person sitting behind each character you meet in game. As tempting as it seems to want to break common courtesis because you are less likely to be held accountable on the internet. It is still as wrong as it would be anywhere else.

Banter is fine, especially if you know the people well, but insulting isn't. However, I do agree that a group should not be held accountable for the actions of individuals. Yet punishing an individual for insulting I do see as something that should be done. As for Nutty, I don't know what he did but I know he likes pushing people's buttons but even as someone who likes him, I think that if he does insult he should not be given a free pass.

Nutty wasn't even even insulting individuals, he was, albeit, making rather strange comments but they were not enough to warrant a ban. Honestly though, people should be more callous to insults, especially empty ones from hormonal teenagers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:19:39 pm by Maurice »

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #2671 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:23 pm »
Cause I was talking to one of you on Steam I miss typed it. :(

No worries, we are Austrian brethren anyway.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2672 on: February 05, 2014, 09:20:06 pm »
I have no clue what went on but wouldn't you say that insulting anywhere is wrong? Sure this is a video game but does that give you permission to act anyway else than you would with people you actually meet. After reading the post about the death of Alan I would have thought that people might be more aware of the fact that there is an actual person sitting behind each character you meet in game. As tempting as it seems to want to break common courtesis because you are less likely to be held accountable on the internet. It is still as wrong as it would be anywhere else.

Banter is fine, especially if you know the people well, but insulting isn't. However, I do agree that a group should not be held accountable for the actions of individuals. Yet punishing an individual for insulting I do see as something that should be done. As for Nutty, I don't know what he did but I know he likes pushing people's buttons but even as someone who likes him, I think that if he does insult he should not be given a free pass.

Pushing peoples buttons isn't really quite the same as insulting. Also, while insulting is bad there is the quick fix of muting the offender. Secondly, the integrity of the rules and the tournament is more important than some Spartan Officers feelings here (especially since he could have acted maturely and just muted Nutty if he was being unbearable), since there isn't a rule against it you cannot really punish someone for it. The rule could be changed, perhaps it should be changed, personally I don't think so I think people in the community should grow up and grow thicker skins about this kind of stuff, and if someone becomes unbearable you have the last resort of muting them.

I agree, it would be better if everything was sorted politely, but I'd rather risk some insults than having the organizers decide outcomes because someone isn't mature enough to use mute.

As Vorlen and Evan have said, it's not the place of this tournament to be the feelings police of the community.
Maybe the people insulting should grow up and get some manners? If you insult someone on the street you can't tell him to put in headphones and grow a thicker skin either. That logic is utterly flawed.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2673 on: February 05, 2014, 09:26:00 pm »
Maybe the people insulting should grow up and get some manners? If you insult someone on the street you can't tell him to put in headphones and grow a thicker skin either. That logic is utterly flawed.

Quite true that would be the ideal case, however, as I said, I'd rather make sure that no one gets punished unfairly, I mean the track record of the organizers isn't entirely flawless (no offense intended).

Glad you brought up that example though. Even if someone did that to me I would still not be allowed to punch them or do them any physical harm. The equivalent of which is being done to Nutty, with the additional threat of someone punching Nutty's friends if he doesn't stop.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:34 pm »

Quite true that would be the ideal case, however, as I said, I'd rather make sure that no one gets punished unfairly, I mean the track record of the organizers isn't entirely flawless (no offense intended).

Glad you brought up that example though. Even if someone did that to me I would still not be allowed to punch them or do them any physical harm. The equivalent of which is being done to Nutty, with the additional threat of someone punching Nutty's friends if he doesn't stop.

If the Spartans insulted back or started cheating in game, that would be equivalent to punching. They did the right thing, by reporting it to the judiciary rather than taking measures in their own hands.

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2675 on: February 05, 2014, 09:32:11 pm »
You do realize that insulting someone isn't a crime.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2676 on: February 05, 2014, 09:32:51 pm »
It is god.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2677 on: February 05, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »
78th: 8 - NR21: 2

- Btw 78th is now known as the 1st Regiment Of Foot (Royal Scots)

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: February 05, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_harassment,_alarm_or_distress

You might want to check this one out. Look especially under "The Offence" (1)b)

Offline Mannelig

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 6te_Garde_Fw_Mannelig
« Reply #2679 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:50 pm »
Spoiler
Hey guys would like to make a complaint about the SD Russian regiment who refused to follow simple rules such as Firing in melee and firing in charge. I will admit there could of been 1 round where we fired while in melee accidentally but no casualties to the enemy team were taken. Their excuse for firing in charge and in melee was simply "Because we did it" Now i'm not sure about you but i'm pretty sure that is a few minus points. We also received some insults directed towards the regiment after trying to enforce rules. Lastly which was the least of our problems was the spacing in between their line that majority of rounds were not filled.

Picture evidence of the false gap filling. (As you can see by the kill feed it was not a vicious volley that simply destroyed their line yet they continue to stand their and almost skirmish us)
Spoiler
[close]

[close]
I would suggest that you gather more evidence.
All you have is one picture that shows a large gap with dead bodies filling the empty area. That pic could just of been taken after a volley.
As you can see in the last 10 or so seconds we had not got a kill or it would have come up on the killfeed. Therefore it shows that they did NOT form up after the gaps were made.

i dont want to claim, that ur are wrong. i wasnt there.
but the screen isnt a proof. the guy on the left is a officer ....

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2680 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »
Gg to 7te, it was a good match

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 05, 2014, 09:41:59 pm »

There have been contradictions with this Public Order Act due to the Human Rights Act (1998) of which dominates our civil liberties. It is not valid at all in this argument.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #2682 on: February 05, 2014, 09:43:58 pm »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jan/14/insulting-section-5-public-order-act

Nutty never addresses any specific individual directly in his 'insults'.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:45:45 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #2683 on: February 05, 2014, 09:45:25 pm »
I don't know what Nutty did but to me it looks like Hekko (and some other guys) you are trying to justify insulting or any form of offensiveness in chat. You say that the Spartans weren't mature enough to use the mute button, but if Nutty was mature enough not to insult they surely shouldn't have needed to use the mute button? If you are going to call someone immature for not using the mute button and you are justifying the other guy insulting, or at least saying what Nutty did wasn't wrong ... that is rather weird if you ask me.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 05, 2014, 09:47:12 pm »
I don't know what Nutty did but to me it looks like Hekko (and some other guys) you are trying to justify insulting or any form of offensiveness in chat. You say that the Spartans weren't mature enough to use the mute button, but if Nutty was mature enough not to insult they surely shouldn't have needed to use the mute button? If you are going to call someone immature for not using the mute button and you are justifying the other guy insulting, or at least saying what Nutty did wasn't wrong ... that is rather weird if you ask me.

If you were there and understood the triviality of what Nutty was saying, you would realise how petty his ban was.