Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 927441 times)

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #1545 on: January 05, 2014, 02:43:47 am »
Any regiment that doesn't like the "tournament" / competition can just leave? If you don't want to have a long time of "pain" and "groans" then just leave and you won't have to? Easy fix.  ;)
Low-shot bro. There are people here trying to make the NWL a better tournament. Many of the suggestions that have been posted have only been for the greater good.
Well you tried, it didn't work out did it now? (as it seems they don't take your "many suggestions for the greater good") We've had that, now move on.
What didn't work? I didn't suggest anything, but it's very foul of you to trashtalk people who take their free time to put in some input and feedback into NWL.   :-\

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1546 on: January 05, 2014, 02:48:14 am »
With "you" i wasn't really refering to you, more to all the people that suggested things, what indeed didn't work out like I said. Appologies that it wasn't clear to you.

Its very nice that some people are willing to spend some free time in putting feedback forward to improve the tournament. I don't have anything against that, don't get me wrong. However it is now getting towards a point where people start complaining about the fact their feedback is being rejected and there is no need for that. (Refering to Evan's post)

Anyway, I hope we can be done with this soon and look forward to a better second round of the league!  :-*

Offline Metalfist

• Private
  • Pew pew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Metalfist
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1547 on: January 05, 2014, 02:56:27 am »
I think everyone should take a step back to the roots of this debate. The reason the 5th FKI complained is not because we want to give admins more work or to make up for our defeat but because it says in the rules that:
Invites are NOT allowed; if we find out that a regiment played with invites, we'll remove 3 points
I believe that includes invites posing as privates. I know the rest of the 5th didn't seem to mind the margin we lost by (no suicides anyway), it was more the fact that rules are rules and should be stuck to.

Firing out of formation is a minor offence which admittedly both sides committed today, probably an accident but it still happened. Firing out of formation is a hard one to call, if the enemy is close and you are letting off a last shot before entering the melee the enemy could look at that and say "They are firing out of formation" when in fact the officer said "fire a shot then charge".

Anyway, lets not get too bogged down in the first match, I'm merely saying there is some interest in a few 'privates' who were in the 94th in yesterday's LB since we know some came from a different regiment. 'Tis all, gentlemen! ;)
"Women fight with swords; men fight with cannon!" ~ General Melchett, Blackadder Goes Forth

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #1548 on: January 05, 2014, 03:17:13 am »
Anyway, lets not get too bogged down in the first match, I'm merely saying there is some interest in a few 'privates' who were in the 94th in yesterday's LB since we know some came from a different regiment. 'Tis all, gentlemen! ;)

You know that ONE person is involved with other regiments, but he is still a member and has been for a few days. And has attended  most of our events so far. And let's say for arguments sake, the Private was an invite. Did he change anything? You had 6 extra guys compared to us anyway. And played with one extra every round.

The only reason you want to chase this up with Bever is because you clearly cannot accept your loss for what it was and need to feel like you won. Multiple people warned me about the 5FKI's attitude before the battle which is why I was so adamant we wait for Highlander to record. And I can see now why they warned me...

These petty arguments over nothing are not helping the NWL function, yes there are calls for rule changes and maybe some should be adhered to, which is what was being discussed before you brought this back up. Leave Bever to sort it out, and we'll see the outcome.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1549 on: January 05, 2014, 03:22:23 am »
I know this will sound hypocritical but last NWL a lot of regiments used invites and if those regiments did happen to have less players and the invite did not affect the actual round massively like getting a top 2-3 score and it was simply to try and even out the numbers I don't see much of a problem. But if this invite did actually affect a round in a positive way then maybe it is worth arguing over, but it is just becoming unnecessary now.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:40 am »
Well the only way around this I have to say regretfully is more work by the hosts. Maybe it's a possibility for Bever and DasBrot to take on a few extra people and have teams register their squads like in a football league. Then the hosts can decide if someone is an invite or not.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 05, 2014, 03:34:58 am »
Well the only way around this I have to say regretfully is more work by the hosts. Maybe it's a possibility for Bever and DasBrot to take on a few extra people and have teams register their squads like in a football league. Then the hosts can decide if someone is an invite or not.
That would be a lot of extra work for them and the hosts are not always going to know it may make no difference at all. No one complained when it happened last season, just saying.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Metalfist

• Private
  • Pew pew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 05, 2014, 03:35:10 am »
@Use4life - Considering said private admits he was an invite, lets just leave that there. I think if it says in the rules no invites then we should stick with the rules. No exceptions. I know we would be acting the same if we had invites with us in that LB but lets calm down here.

During the battle I don't think anyone really cared, since we had the numerical advantage. We lost, and you won and we admit that. The point is if you were in the position we face you would be doing the exact same thing. We'll leave it up to the admins for now.

I think there should be more responsibility and maturity for clans to sort things our between each other, rather than the hosts become forum babysitters.
"Women fight with swords; men fight with cannon!" ~ General Melchett, Blackadder Goes Forth

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 05, 2014, 03:36:50 am »
And let's say for arguments sake, the Private was an invite. Did he change anything? You had 6 extra guys compared to us anyway. And played with one extra every round.

I know nothing of said case but ultimately it really doesnt matter if an invite changes anything or not, its still against the rules ie -3p.

But what happens if you claim to be a member and not an invite? Is there any rules for ppl who are dubbelreg:ing?

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:40 am »
The Private was winding you up because that's what he's like. He's been to more 94th events than most of our members now. He wanted a response from you. And clearly got one...

Offline Metalfist

• Private
  • Pew pew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 05, 2014, 03:38:22 am »
Whatever you say.

Edit: I know the private too and he is a friend of mine from a different forum.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:40:30 am by Metalfist »

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 05, 2014, 03:38:43 am »
Spoiler
And let's say for arguments sake, the Private was an invite. Did he change anything? You had 6 extra guys compared to us anyway. And played with one extra every round.

I know nothing of said case but ultimately it really doesnt matter if an invite changes anything or not, its still against the rules ie -3p.

But what happens if you claim to be a member and not an invite? Is there any rules for ppl who are dubbelreg:ing?
[close]
Carolus has a good point what if he is just in two regiments so to speak, what happens then?

Offline Metalfist

• Private
  • Pew pew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 05, 2014, 03:39:47 am »
I suppose that's where there is a problem with the rules. Pick a regiment for the NWL?

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 05, 2014, 03:41:59 am »
I suppose that's where there is a problem with the rules. Pick a regiment for the NWL?
That would probably be the best way to go that they have to choose a regiment for the NWL, but if that had been the case in your incident as that rule was not present so to speak surely nothing can be done.

Offline Metalfist

• Private
  • Pew pew
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 05, 2014, 03:43:02 am »
I suppose that's right, so I guess lets wait till morning and let the hosts decide.