Author Topic: Let's discuss: Reenacting!  (Read 231484 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Reenacting!
« Reply #1980 on: March 08, 2018, 10:22:45 pm »
Well, Joer, me and Olafson all re-enactment the same period in the same region, so quite logically, yes.

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1981 on: March 08, 2018, 10:34:35 pm »
It's a pretty small world

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1982 on: March 09, 2018, 02:16:09 am »
Reenactment is also pretty much a thing where you need to know other people in order to get anything done, so we do kinda rely on knowing each other.

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 09, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »
even if you hate those guys

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
« Reply #1984 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:26 pm »
Why would they hate each other? :p reenactment is 1/8 events, 3/8 creating, or repairing kit and 4/8 drinking together. I don't see a reason to hate 😂

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 09, 2018, 03:33:57 pm »

Especially if you hate those guys.  :-*

Why would they hate each other? :p reenactment is 1/8 events, 3/8 creating, or repairing kit and 4/8 drinking together. I don't see a reason to hate 😂

There is so much pettyness, group politics and personal hathred in re-enactment.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:36:22 pm by Duuring »

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #1986 on: March 09, 2018, 03:38:48 pm »

Especially if you hate those guys.  :-*

There is so much pettyness, group politics and personal hathred in re-enactment.

Sounds a bit childish from a bunch of dudes dressing up and pretend fighting for fun..... Oh.

Nah jk :p Re-enactment is cool but it indeed is a bit sour when people start being petty cunts.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 09, 2018, 04:03:08 pm »
Let me explain it to you like this: Most of you are well-aware of the various reasons for conflict in NW regiments, and how they play out.

Re-enactment is 100% the same. 100%. Same reasons, same arguments, same drama. Same.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 09, 2018, 04:03:37 pm »
Let me explain it to you like this: Most of you are well-aware of the various reasons for conflict in NW regiments, and how they play out.

Re-enactment is 100% the same. 100%. Same reasons, same arguments, same drama. Same.
That sounds like AIDS tbh

Then again im still playing NW. huh. Guess I just played myself
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 09, 2018, 04:27:05 pm »
It's also the most amazing hobby you'll ever find. You just need to stay clear of toxic people. I can show you enough examples of how incredibly retarded groups and some of the people in them can be.

Don't get me wrong; there are good people in bad groups and there are good groups with bad people. It's not black and white. But man, the politics. I've had enough re-enactment politics for a lifetime, and I'm just 21. I'm just avoiding politics as much as I can. Like, a guy in our ACW group (we do Federal) signed up but couldn't attend any events because the Confederate group he also was a member of, made it mandatory to be with their group at events.
Somehow, normal re-enactment procedure is to make this a huge problem, pick a fight with the Confederate group, compare at least one of their members with a famous Nazi on some social media platform and force the guy to choose a side. Because...Because OH NO LESS RIFLE IN THE LINE!!11, I guess? We just said "of course, we understand, that's absolutely your choice and you're always welcome to join us for an event". Our group impression is not going down the drain just because we're with one guy less. If there's anything that kills a group, it's people who don't really want to be in it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:28:51 pm by Duuring »

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 09, 2018, 04:43:54 pm »
I don't doe reenactment but I do do military simulation events, AKA Milsim so I know the drama it can have although the environment is a bit more modern.
The endless debates of WW2 Milsim events are annoying though since there's a stigma around German uniforms which doesn't allow you to properly dress an unit up just because it offends some people.
Oh well, I just do modern Russian anyways nowadays.

(Some pics if you want to see it, it's not the typical reenactment but I guess since it's accurate gear it still classifies as such, even had to get plates in my gear making my vest weigh around 7.5kg more than before, good thing is that if someone decides to randomly shoot me with real gun and I'm wearing it, I'll probs survive.)

Kit from behind in combat
Spoiler

[close]

Random kit selfie
Spoiler

[close]

Custom meme made for me

Spoiler

[close]

I've got a canadian camo kit aswell and I've been working on my rebel loadout (Eastern European) and my SS Leto gear which is a camo that was used by the Russians in the early 2000s, inspired from a German SS camo from WW2.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 09, 2018, 05:06:56 pm »
I like MilSimers in the sence that they (well, the good ones) show the same dedication to their weird-ass-hobby as we do. Though, I have to admit that modern 'impressions' are somewhat odd to me. Also because they always seem to want to be Special Forces. I have no issue with people running around with airsoft guns playing a game, or being very serious about that (competition creates seriousness), but there is no real reason to dress up as a modern Spetsnazi, is there? There's no (self)-educational role, I'd assume.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:10:02 pm by Duuring »

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 09, 2018, 06:02:11 pm »
Well Imost my loadouts are MVD or VDV. MVD pretty much is an unit who deal with alot of internal affairs. Could be terror attacks or similar situations. VDV are paratroopers with extreme training. But alot of people want to be just the coolest special forces. I agree, its kinda stupid but there's tons of units here that are pretty normal like for example only digi flora infantry with stock AKs. My canadian loadout is regular inf aswell and my next digi flora loadout is gonna be aswell. Besides that its fun to collect real war items since I want a full steel helmet aswell which costs about 800 euros.

Although I must say the Russian milsim scene is very serious about their gear and theres way less of it in general than people with NATO gear.

The better milsim events set restrictions on gear aswell for factions. A good example in the US for that is Milsim West and there is also a large event in the UK that works the ssme way.

I have different replicas aswell as I have a fully decked out modern AK. I have a self painted AK74. And I have a stock AKS74u for paratroopers and light infantry.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 09, 2018, 06:30:46 pm »
Besides that its fun to collect real war items since I want a full steel helmet aswell which costs about 800 euros.

I got a kevlar helmet for 50 euros hihihi

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1994 on: March 09, 2018, 06:37:59 pm »
I would get into re-enacting but unfortunately there's not much of a scene for it in Northern Ontario, or I'm just not aware of any. 

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳