Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60904 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2019, 10:21:55 am »
any other good games to keep an eye out for?  Maryland vs syracuse could be pretty good. not sure how close clemson vs Texas A&M will be.  Neb vs Col could be good.  IDK about USC vs stanford after the USC QB being knocked out.

next week is iowa vs iowa state which is almost always an entertaining match up.(as most state rivalry games are)

I think it could be a good game tbh. we will see

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2019, 05:32:14 am »
LSU let’s gooooo. Joe GOAT Burrow. Number 1 Fulton for LSU had a bad defensive game and nearly costed the game at the end.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 05:35:07 am by -Nick »

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2019, 05:42:53 am »
it was close. not bad for Texas when everyone had us losing. We just needed to make a good stop in the 2nd half and our young secondary struggled.

almost had that onside kick too at the end. Johnson just had to hold on for a bit longer... tough

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2019, 06:03:56 am »
it was a pretty good game.  texas was so close to getting that onside kick.

Mich barely survived army.   Nebraska couldnt handle Cols comeback.  Maryland stomped the crap out of syracuse.    stanford vs USC game seems close right now. 

I am not sure what good games are next week outside of Iowa vs ISU. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2019, 10:05:38 am »

Mich barely survived army.   Nebraska couldnt handle Cols comeback.  Maryland stomped the crap out of syracuse.    stanford vs USC game seems close right now. 

Also another rip Tennessee week. They lost to BYU and I heard they haven't been 0-2 (for starting out in the season) since like 1988 or something. and Clemson didn't stomp A&M, sure they won and had a decent lead but still. It wasn't 40 points plus or something.

the Michigan vs army was really shocking. I think they will drop in the rankings for that.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2019, 11:37:04 am »

Also another rip Tennessee week. They lost to BYU and I heard they haven't been 0-2 (for starting out in the season) since like 1988 or something. and Clemson didn't stomp A&M, sure they won and had a decent lead but still. It wasn't 40 points plus or something.

the Michigan vs army was really shocking. I think they will drop in the rankings for that.
yea, i saw the Tenn highlights after i posted.  Rip.   purdue beat vandy i think.  i was surprised the clemson score was so close.  I would say they may drop out of first, but bama in 2nd played another nobody and shouldn't be rewarded.   I feel like LSU should move up, but idk where to.  OSU stomped Cin which was suppose to be a fairly tough game.

If mich keeps playing like that, or even close to it, they wont last long in the top 10 or even top 25.  They have 3 of their next 5 games against very tough teams.(at Wis, home vs Iowa and Penn state)

could even look past those and see Mi state, maryland, ND, and OSU in the last part of the season.   They have a very tough schedule.  IF they can somehow win all or all but one game, they would be in the top 10 easily, and maybe top 4-6.  at times i feel the strength of schedule doesn't matter enough.  I would also add to that, putting cupcake games in the middle/end of conference play right before your major rivalry games should hurt you more.(hello auburn and bama)  It is basically a by week to prepare for your rivals.  i don't mind said games at the beginning of the season, but not in the middle or the end.(unless you are trying to get into a bowl game, and because of rain/disaster had to cancel a game earlier in the season and need to make one up)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2019, 05:27:52 pm »
Y’all underestimate Army. They have a great team this year. Will be top 25 by end of the season easily I think. That triple option is tough to go against especially early in the year.

I’m so pissed that Miami lost. We suck again I guess. Gave up 4th and 17...

Texas could’ve won if that dude doesn’t drop a TD early in the game. Also probably should’ve just kicked a field goal after the second time they got stopped. Horns down I guess.

I had money on Stanford so I’m pretty pissed. I was pretty blacked last night and didn’t know Costello wasn’t playing for Stanford. Tough L.

Syracuse hype train officially dead. RIP.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2019, 08:09:03 pm »
I was pissed that army wasnt able to win against Michigan however Tennessee losing to BYU partially made up for it.

I was rooting for LSU just so I could see coach O speak his glorious voice postgame. My buddy had bet 30 on Syracuse covering so lol at that one.

S Carolina scored a fuck ton with our new starting QB Hilinski, granted it was against Charleston Southern. But the most total yards of offense in program history is at least a little comforting after last week's debacle.   

I'll tell you what game is gonna be better than that. USC Bama next week. Tua and Jerry Jeudy aint gonna know what hit'em...
Spoiler
God help us
[close]

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2019, 01:52:35 am »
I thought army would play well, but i expected mich to look a lot better. 

OK vs UCLA could be interesting, penn state vs Pitt is another interesting match up.  Mich state vs AR state could be good.

not sure about Wash st vs houstan, or Vi vs FL state.   i dont think clemson vs syracuse will be close.

stanford had a good start, then just stopped being productive.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #264 on: September 09, 2019, 05:47:12 am »
Clemson vs Syracuse the last two years have been some of Clemson's toughest games so I hope that trend continues.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2019, 04:44:35 am »
Kentucky choked

SC (vs bama) and Syracuse (vs Clemson) were hanging in there for a bit. The 2nd half was just a different game.

Iowa had a close game vs Iowa State

Penn State barely beat Pitt

also, Michigan State and USC had some bad losses

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2019, 04:56:31 am »
MSU had a big oof
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2019, 05:51:43 am »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2019, 06:46:55 am »
Summary today:

-Maryland was a joke for throwing too much
-Penn State shouldn't be ranked 13 & the Pitt coach is retarded for not running the ball when their team was 1st and Goal
-South Carolina gave Bama a run for their money the 1st half
-USC is shit
-Iowa & Iowa State was close af
-MSU & ASU game had Zero offense
-Florida shouldn't be ranked 9 and got lucky the Freshman Kentucky kicker somehow missed a 35 yard FG
-Syracuse QB threw one of the Worst Interceptions I had ever seen in my life
-Florida State continues to throw games

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2019, 04:28:45 pm »
-South Carolina gave Bama a run for their money the 1st half

Cant say I didnt expect that one. The game was honestly much closer than the scoreline shows. We got 450+ yds of offence against bama as well as more 1st downs with a brand new qb so cant be too mad. Unfortunately we just couldnt get it in the endzone very well which is a fairly integral aspect if you want to win.

I think at least the SEC will be interesting this year. Bama looked vulnerable on defense and I wouldnt be surprised if they lost a game in the regular season. And Florida really is not impressing me and now they just lost their starting qb. I wouldnt be surprised actually if Tennessee came out next week and pulled a "shocker" in Gainesville. Shocking in quotations because I really wouldnt find it that shocking despite how badly Tennessee has looked recently.

Also fun fact you can see me at 7:00 on the concourse in the white hat right as they get the pick. Im basically famous

idk i thought it was neat