Author Topic: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [29 Total]  (Read 43372 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [28 downloads], New Map! Maloyaroslavets.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 12:12:34 am »
Best maps I have ever seen :)
Only it would have been could if they were on the siege servers or EU1 and all that :p

-Dekkers
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 10:31:41 am »
You must have a map factory at home with oompa loompas mapping for you. So many maps! :o

You have crazy mapping skills but I have to suggest you: don't mix too much the native props with the NW ones. Make your maps not only playable & fun, make them visual!

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »
Surely a few of these maps on the list might be worthy of some play on the 84e siege server?? Playing the same 5 or 6 maps all the time, even as good as they are, gets a little tedious. Maybe you guys could have a new map day once a week where you throw a new map into the rotation just for that day?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:15:45 pm by Blitz_craig »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:06 pm »
Surely a few of these maps on the list might be worthy of some play on the 84e siege server?? Playing the same 5 or 6 maps all the time, even as good as they are, gets a little tedious. Maybe you guys could have a new map day once a week where you throw a new map into the rotation just for that day?

But doesn't 84e only use maps with those destroyable wall probs? And indeed, the maps of the 84e server are getting boring as some of them even came from the start of NW.

-Dekkers
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 09:03:28 pm »
Question: how long do these maps take on average, and how the hell are you guys still doing it? I lost interest after a few maps.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »
But doesn't 84e only use maps with those destroyable wall probs? And indeed, the maps of the 84e server are getting boring as some of them even came from the start of NW.

Plenty of the walls on my maps are destroyable although I do not use destroyable walls exclusively.

Question: how long do these maps take on average, and how the hell are you guys still doing it? I lost interest after a few maps.
A map like Halle Gate (Leipzig) or Saragossa that have a lot of constructed buildings can take more than a week. A simple map like Crossing the Berezina only takes two to three days. As soon as your familiar with all the props on the list and where to find them, the maps start to get done pretty quick. If you look at some of the table top miniature wargaming sites on the web, you can find a lot of historical scenarios that fit into this game well.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 07:20:45 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 01:22:56 pm »

Plenty of the walls on my maps are destroyable although I do not use destoyable walls exclusively.

- Well anyway, it would be cool to play on some of them :). I really like those maps! The one with the huge garden is just beautiful <3.

-Dekkers

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
A new map has been posted. Papelotte (Waterloo). See first post in thread for pictures and download links.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
These maps are great in size and sheer beauty, however not used. You should look into making groupfighting or training maps, I'd like to see a good few of those.

Offline Rival Ze GOD

• Sergeant Major
  • I hurt people, nuff said.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Centurion
  • Side: Confederacy
When i get around to getting my historical napoleonic wars battle renacments up, your maps will be used, in historical order. Very Nice Job,

6e_Sergent_Desaix

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
Wow! Amazing work! My favs are "Wavre" and "Halle gate".

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
Fantastic maps, Blitz. Do you have any trench maps planned for Iron Europe? Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't read the entire thread.

Offline Blitz_craig

• First Lieutenant
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Fantastic maps, Blitz. Do you have any trench maps planned for Iron Europe? Sorry if this has already been asked, I didn't read the entire thread.

I am taking a break from doing more new maps for a while. I wasn't contemplating doing any WW1 maps as that is not my favorite historical period and I have always found making trenches with the map editor a bit of a headache. Once the Seven Years War mod "Shot and Shell" is released, I might make one for that. Hopefully, that mods makers will include some new props or at least some that were not available in NW.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:45:48 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
Re: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [30 downloads]
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 03:32:07 am »
When i build my module will it over write the text?

Offline OGNValjean

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gordon Goldstein
Re: Blitz_craig 's Historical Maps [30 downloads]
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 03:38:31 am »
If someone makes a Siege Server using your maps, you will be god, and so will they, and so will the server, if its NA  ;D

But yea, tis sex!