Author Topic: NEW Uniforms?  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
NEW Uniforms?
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:55:50 am »
So I've been working on uniforms and such for a long time now, but I have a question.  Is there a way to create new uniforms, so that the units which share the same assets have new ones?  I know I can just create new ones, but don't know how to set it how certain units can have these uniforms.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
Re: NEW Uniforms?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:23:22 am »
I'm pretty much asking how do you make each unit get set to have a SPECIFIC uniform piece.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 04:44:02 pm »
You can attempt to, but I'm pretty sure there will almost always be at least one piece of the uniform which will conflict with another uniform in some way.
I know it's definitely possible with uniforms who share the same trousers but shako's and other helmets are a bit tricky.

Let's say you remove the white coldstream_pants which both the British Guards, British Marines and the Prussian Sappers use.
These three uniforms are now without proper legs, however when you add which ever pants you'd like them to have to the body of the before mentioned units,
they will appear with your desired leg-pieces and this will make it so the trousers are unique to the body.

In short: If you remove the original pants and glue the pants to the matching body, the pants will be unique to the body.

This can also go the other way around but I don't recommend it as it will create monstrosities.
Sorry if you have any trouble understanding it, I don't have enough braincells to come up with a better way of explaining this.
There's probably another way of doing this but it'll probably have something to do with either code or something complicated.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:16:25 pm by GrimTheAngel »

Offline LeopoldDK

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DDA_Maj_Leopold
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 06:36:35 am »
You could always make let's say Pants1 Invisible. (as mentioned above)

And then just attach different types of pants to the uniform-body, for Unit1 Unit2 ect. that used to use Pants1.

This is heavily used in this skinpack: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=43601.0

Not only for pants, but also hats and so on.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:38:38 am by LeopoldDK »