Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 717059 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #5415 on: December 13, 2017, 04:11:31 pm »
You both argue incessantly, are blind to anything anyone else says, focus on strawmen and seem to have the same favourite past time
Not really, I backed up my points with statistics and facts. I haven’t straw manned any of his arguments. So please give an example of how I’ve done that or are you just chatting shite?

You botched your "Facts" and "Statistics" twice.
Lmao when have I?

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
« Reply #5416 on: December 13, 2017, 04:19:43 pm »

If we take into account that thorin says he analysis only the last three months then FaZe only have one title. And if you’re referring to the fact that FaZe has more series wins over ranked opponents then that is literally the most bullshit reason to place them first ever.

I also just checked, SK have seven bo3 wins against Thorin’s ranked opponents, including two over FaZe. That’s more bo3s than FaZe.

SK don't have seven BO3 wins against Thorin's ranked opponents, they have four. FaZe have two titles in the past three months, not one.
Spoiler
[close]

Not only are you poor at gathering "facts" and "statistics", you're also poor at coming to valid conclusions based on the set criteria.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:25:09 pm by Ledger »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5417 on: December 13, 2017, 04:45:43 pm »
Well I don't really like Brazilian teams but I have always had a soft side for FNX so I'll root for 100 Thieves. May be a bunch of idiots but anything is better then Toxiczera
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: December 13, 2017, 04:46:56 pm »
Well I don't really like Brazilian teams but I have always had a soft side for FNX so I'll root for 100 Thieves. May be a bunch of idiots but anything is better then Toxiczera

FNX is fucking hot, man.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: December 13, 2017, 04:48:31 pm »

If we take into account that thorin says he analysis only the last three months then FaZe only have one title. And if you’re referring to the fact that FaZe has more series wins over ranked opponents then that is literally the most bullshit reason to place them first ever.

I also just checked, SK have seven bo3 wins against Thorin’s ranked opponents, including two over FaZe. That’s more bo3s than FaZe.

SK don't have seven BO3 wins against Thorin's ranked opponents, they have four. FaZe have two titles in the past three months, not one.
Spoiler
[close]

Not only are you poor at gathering "facts" and "statistics", you're also poor at coming to valid conclusions based on the set criteria.
I’m genuinely concerned for your ability to count. They have seven series wins. Two against FaZe, Two against VP, two against Astralis and one against Liquid. (Although it’s within the three months, the Liquid series can be discounted because of felps). Whilst FaZe have more series wins during the same period against ranked teams). They have lost to SK twice and have one less title.

FaZe have also lost more to ranked opponents as they’ve lost four times to Sk’s once. This wouldn’t suggest FaZe dominance as you have said because the only reason they’ve won more bo3s is due to the fact that they’ve actually played more. This can’t be attributed to deep tournament runs due to SK having a lower number of losses. If two bo3s outranks a title win and a higher win ratio against ranked teams then I don’t even know what to say...

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: December 13, 2017, 05:15:36 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

I’m genuinely concerned for your ability to count. They have seven series wins. Two against FaZe, Two against VP, two against Astralis and one against Liquid. (Although it’s within the three months, the Liquid series can be discounted because of felps). Whilst FaZe have more series wins during the same period against ranked teams). They have lost to SK twice and have one less title.

FaZe have also lost more to ranked opponents as they’ve lost four times to Sk’s once. This wouldn’t suggest FaZe dominance as you have said because the only reason they’ve won more bo3s is due to the fact that they’ve actually played more. This can’t be attributed to deep tournament runs due to SK having a lower number of losses. If two bo3s outranks a title win and a higher win ratio against ranked teams then I don’t even know what to say...

I'll help you count. This is what Thooorin considers ranked opponents. https://dotesports.com/counter-strike/news/thorins-csgo-top-10-world-rankings-8th-october-2017-17885#list-10 (Rankings from October) If VP were in that ranking then SK would have five BO3 and two BO5 ranked wins since September 11th.

Alright. 

[September 30th Vs. Liquid 2 - 1] BO3
Spoiler
[close]

[October 25th Vs. FaZe 2 -1] BO3
Spoiler
[close]

[October 28th Vs. Astralis 2 - 0] BO3
Spoiler
[close]

[Novermber 25th Vs. Astralis 2-1] BO3
Spoiler
[close]

[December 10th Vs. FaZe 3-1] BO5
Spoiler
[close]

How many is that? Four BO3 wins and ONE BO5 Win! The best of three against VP doesn't count so does the best of five against VP. Even I managed to miscount the two BO5 wins. They have only one BO5 win against a ranked opponent. 

THESE DON"T COUNT (As Thorin's ranked opponents) :

[October 24th Vs. VP 2:0] BO3
Spoiler
[close]

[October 29th Vs. VP 3:2] BO5
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:17:49 pm by Ledger »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: December 13, 2017, 05:17:45 pm »
What the actual fuck. That isn’t the most up to date ranking. We’re talking about the one that just came out. How does the October ranking help us to decide who is the best team of the last three months???!?

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: December 13, 2017, 05:19:53 pm »
What the actual fuck. That isn’t the most up to date ranking. We’re talking about the one that just came out. How does the October ranking help us to decide who is the best team of the last three months???!?

That's what Thoorin considers ranked opponents for October / November / December. (From article to article) His newest ranking will consider the current top 10 as ranked for the following three months.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:22:04 pm by Ledger »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: December 13, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »

That's what Thoorin considers ranked opponents for October / November / December.
I can’t tell if you’re trolling. The rankings are based on the last few months of play, which is why the teams results for the previous three months are included. How can you consider a team the best for the next three months when those months haven’t even happened yet? The ranking for the last few months is the one that came out a few days ago. Please don’t tell me you’re serious...

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: December 13, 2017, 05:26:34 pm »

That's what Thoorin considers ranked opponents for October / November / December.
I can’t tell if you’re trolling. The rankings are based on the last few months of play, which is why the teams results for the previous three months are included. How can you consider a team the best for the next three months when those months haven’t even happened yet? The ranking for the last few months is the one that came out a few days ago. Please don’t tell me you’re serious...

Teams play for three months. Thooorin picks his top 10 that'll be considered ranked for the following three months based on the past three months of play. You have to achieve the status of ranked first before you're considered a ranked opponent. (VP is that example). For those three months VP were not considered a ranked opponent due to their shitty performance prior to October.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: December 13, 2017, 05:31:35 pm »
The ranking is based on the performances of the last three months of play. The reason beating a ranked team is so good is because they’re in form (as shown by the end of period ranking. The team crowned the best at the end of the year isn’t being rewarded for the next year, they’re being rewarded for the year that has just gone. The ranking is based on past results, not future match ups. Even if we were to use that ranking, the funny thing is that SK are ranked at the top of it.

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: December 13, 2017, 05:37:56 pm »
The ranking is based on the performances of the last three months of play. The reason beating a ranked team is so good is because they’re in form (as shown by the end of period ranking. The team crowned the best at the end of the year isn’t being rewarded for the next year, they’re being rewarded for the year that has just gone. The ranking is based on past results, not future match ups. Even if we were to use that ranking, the funny thing is that SK are ranked at the top of it.

Tell me, prior to Epicenter would you have considered VP a good opponent for SK based on VP's slump? The answer is no, because they played shit for the months prior to epicenter. They proved us wrong but that doesn't make them ranked opponents because they weren't CONSIDERED ONES AT THE TIME OF THE MATCH-UP. They will be for the next three months.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: December 13, 2017, 05:41:07 pm »
KIDDOS GROW UP HAHAHAHHAHAHH  8) 8)
- mr fus nero

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: December 13, 2017, 05:50:46 pm »

Tell me, prior to Epicenter would you have considered VP a good opponent for SK based on VP's slump? The answer is no, because they played shit for the months prior to epicenter. They proved us wrong but that doesn't make them ranked opponents because they weren't CONSIDERED ONES AT THE TIME OF THE MATCH-UP. They will be for the next three months.
Thorin ranked VP that way because they were playing well at the time of the matchups, enough to be placed in the rankings at the end of that period. What would be the point on using outdated form to weigh up a matchup? It would be ridiculous. The fact is that SK have won seven series in the last three months who Thorin considers to be the best during that period.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #5429 on: December 13, 2017, 06:38:57 pm »
KIDDOS GROW UP HAHAHAHHAHAHH  8) 8)
- mr fus nero
no i like