Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (September-October)  (Read 45703 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Rep Thread (September-October)
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2016, 02:19:42 am »
I havent denied them their right to do with it as they please, have I? I am only trying to convince them to do with it in a manner that would benefit the community. There aren't a whole lot of other options, and the ideal way to go about it would be to get them to relax restrictions. I have been on this thread, and I have seen the 63e's concerns, which primarily focus around "Don't wanna, screw off haters. Go get your own server". Now, I am open to getting a different server, but this will mean two things:

1) Me and a large part of the community are going to have to put in some money and a lot of effort to get a server running in direct competition with the 63e, which wont be easy due to their massive playerbase.

2) We are going to be in direct competition with the 63e's server. which also is not exactly in the best interest of their server or their regiment.

I just see them relaxing their restrictions on recruitment as the clear cut best option, so of course I am gonna push pretty hard for them to do just that. Its not 63e bias, its not hatred of the 63e, its literally just the best option by a mile.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2016, 02:21:11 am »
Tbh you have seemed pretty bias in this thread imo. Your job is not to lead one of the arguing sides but to bridge the gap between the two and to be the middleman for more productive conversations. Your job is to advocate for both sides and to help them come to a favourable consensus, not solely push what you believe to be right. You are a representative of ALL the community, including the 63e, not just yourself.

My job is to solve community issues and keep the mods informed of said issues. In certain circumstances, this may require me to take a stance on a particular issue, as I have done. The stance I was taking I did not see as anti-63e, but pro-community. It wouldn't kill them to lessen up the restrictions on recruitment on their server, but it would open up a huge server to recruitment from other regiments who are alot more desperate for recruits. But the 63e have made it very clear that all discussions about said solution are off the table, and that anyone who has a greivance against their regiment as a result of that or other past/current issues are just mindless haters. I find that stance abit immature and counterproductive, and I have voiced that opinion. Now according to them, I too am now a mindless, biased hater.

No one at any stage of this discussion called you a mindless hater.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2016, 02:24:55 am »
Tbh you have seemed pretty bias in this thread imo. Your job is not to lead one of the arguing sides but to bridge the gap between the two and to be the middleman for more productive conversations. Your job is to advocate for both sides and to help them come to a favourable consensus, not solely push what you believe to be right. You are a representative of ALL the community, including the 63e, not just yourself.

My job is to solve community issues and keep the mods informed of said issues. In certain circumstances, this may require me to take a stance on a particular issue, as I have done. The stance I was taking I did not see as anti-63e, but pro-community. It wouldn't kill them to lessen up the restrictions on recruitment on their server, but it would open up a huge server to recruitment from other regiments who are alot more desperate for recruits. But the 63e have made it very clear that all discussions about said solution are off the table, and that anyone who has a greivance against their regiment as a result of that or other past/current issues are just mindless haters. I find that stance abit immature and counterproductive, and I have voiced that opinion. Now according to them, I too am now a mindless, biased hater.

"Thought the job as the Community Rep is to show non-bias and fairness regardless of his thoughts, seems to not be the case here. I didn't expect this from you apoc, very disappointed in you."

You are accusing me of bias against the 63e that you, Munj, and Karth have tried to "debunk" as just mindless hate that is "full of nothing".

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2016, 02:25:56 am »

you didnt use those words exactly but you yea you kinda did
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2016, 03:38:29 am »
You guys are going in circles at this point. Nobody really wants to compromise at the end of the day.

If I were you APOC, I would forget about the 63e opening up their server to public recruitment and instead work with Siwi and others toward getting a community server(s) going. My advice would be to instead of putting all your eggs in one basket, diversify your portfolio. So have a zombie server, and TDM, CTF, etc. I wouldn't waste my time on siege since 63e has that locked down.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2016, 04:07:05 am »
You guys are going in circles at this point. Nobody really wants to compromise at the end of the day.

If I were you APOC, I would forget about the 63e opening up their server to public recruitment and instead work with Siwi and others toward getting a community server(s) going. My advice would be to instead of putting all your eggs in one basket, diversify your portfolio. So have a zombie server, and TDM, CTF, etc. I wouldn't waste my time on siege since 63e has that locked down.

Yes. Diversifying like the USMC did is a good idea. The IV went into some cool concepts when they had servers up for example.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2016, 04:30:41 am »
Eh, there are probably 100-200(little higher currently thanks to the sale but school is taking a hit on this) pubs on average that play during peak hours.  Some nights you are lucky to have 50 on.  If your goal is to attract players to your server, you will have to compete with the top 3 currently most active servers.(pub play)  add in the fact that you are trying to run 2-3 servers(if you are trying to have several different game modes on different servers) at the same time, that just means less players on any one server.  Even if you get it populated, you will have to keep it populated.(easier said then done.  especially as the brand new effect wears off) Depending on how things shake out, the quality of the server, the game mode, the quality of the maps, admins, and possibly scripts you may be able to get your server populated consistently.(doubtful)
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Yorkshire Pudding

• First Lieutenant
  • If you are reading this I love you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CoK_King_Yorkshire_Pudding
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2016, 04:32:40 am »
Can I just quickly ask. As Community Rep I understand you are trying to look out for the good of the community but aren't these thoughts about requesting rule changes of servers a bit far. The CR is meant to be for FSE and to make sure the management of events and regimental issues is dealt with.

I mean the way this is going about it seems like the CR (AC0P) feels they could come to any Event and Server and demand them to make changes to it's rules. Which is entirely wrong. How we run a Server or Event or something which is privately owned or managed by a regiment or person is their business. If it is Successful/Fails, this is under their heads not yours. I do understand why you may feel this server can be a problem for you to handle but it is out of your hands and jurisdiction. I also agree with Munj anyone can come and just use the same techniques we did with a Community Server or another privately owned server and maybe then you can counter act our server being a "problem".

Now I am one of the Head Admins with Karth and Nathan and I am keeping an eye on this thread. So if you wish try discuss what you want to see changed, carry on, seems you won't stop. But the likely hood that I will agree and want to take it up in discussion with the other Head Admins is unlikely but I am keeping up with this thread.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:59:24 am by Yorkshire Pudding »

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2016, 04:32:48 am »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2016, 05:01:35 am »
Can I just quickly ask. As Community Rep I understand you are trying to look out for the good of the community but aren't these thoughts about requesting rule changes of servers a bit far. The CR is meant to be for FSE and to make sure the management of events and regimental issues is dealt with.

I mean the way this is going about it seems like the CR (AC0P) feels they could come to any Event and Server and demand me to make change it's rules. Which is entirely wrong. How we run a Server or Event or something which is privately owned or managed by a regiment or person is their business. If it is Successful/Fails is under their hands not yours. I do understand why you may feel this server can be a problem for you to handle but it is out of your hands and jurisdiction. I also agree with Munj anyone can come and just use the same techniques we did with a Community Server or another privately owned server and maybe then you can counter act our server being a "problem".

Now I am one of the Head Admins with Karth and Nathan and I am keeping an eye on this thread. So if you wish try discuss what you want to see changed, carry on, seems you won't stop. But the likely hood that I will agree and want to take it up in discussion with the other Head Admins is unlikely but I am keeping up with this thread.

No, they or anyone else outside of those who own the server have the ability to change your server rules. They can, like anyone else can request they be changed.  Their reasoning may be good or bad,  Same for their intentions.  You can run your server the way you deem fit.   even if others think it is a good or bad way to go about it.

there is nothing with them requesting the rules be changed,   They don't have the authority to change them.   

that goes for any other server out there. 

Not sure why you feel they cant request the rules be changed.  You don't have to agree or follow through with their requests.  As long as they do it in the proper place in a good manner, there is really nothing wrong with it. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2016, 05:05:06 am »

I mean the way this is going about it seems like the CR (AC0P) feels they could come to any Event and Server and demand them to make changes to it's rules. Which is entirely wrong. How we run a Server or Event or something which is privately owned or managed by a regiment or person is their business. If it is Successful/Fails, this is under their heads not yours. I do understand why you may feel this server can be a problem for you to handle but it is out of your hands and jurisdiction. I also agree with Munj anyone can come and just use the same techniques we did with a Community Server or another privately owned server and maybe then you can counter act our server being a "problem".

At no point in this conversation did Ap0c "demand" anything.
Why am I still here

Offline Yorkshire Pudding

• First Lieutenant
  • If you are reading this I love you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CoK_King_Yorkshire_Pudding
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2016, 05:15:20 am »
Spoiler

I mean the way this is going about it seems like the CR (AC0P) feels they could come to any Event and Server and demand me to make change it's rules. Which is entirely wrong. How we run a Server or Event or something which is privately owned or managed by a regiment or person is their business. If it is Successful/Fails is under their hands not yours. I do understand why you may feel this server can be a problem for you to handle but it is out of your hands and jurisdiction. I also agree with Munj anyone can come and just use the same techniques we did with a Community Server or another privately owned server and maybe then you can counter act our server being a "problem".

No, they or anyone else outside of those who own the server have the ability to change your server rules. They can, like anyone else can request they be changed.  Their reasoning may be good or bad,  Same for their intentions.  You can run your server the way you deem fit.   even if others think it is a good or bad way to go about it.

there is nothing with them requesting the rules be changed,   They don't have the authority to change them.   

that goes for any other server out there. 

Not sure why you feel they cant request the rules be changed.  You don't have to agree or follow through with their requests.  As long as they do it in the proper place in a good manner, there is really nothing wrong with it.
[close]

Ok yes good point I am tired. I guess one major point I wanted to put out is as a Head Admin I do oversee this sort of stuff and it does get noted. But as said there are other ways around this NA Community Problem (I feel the 63e_NA_Siege doesn't have the same effect on the EU community or so I'd assume) which have been repeated and can be brought into discussion by those on board with the idea and get another server to counter act our server being this problem. This means you don't have to discuss with us about our rules and can have a server you guys have jurisdiction over.

Spoiler

At no point in this conversation did Ap0c "demand" anything.
[close]

Also I misread a section earlier which had the word demand in, I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:17:55 am by Yorkshire Pudding »

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2016, 08:27:55 am »
Come back when yall take this seriously and you dont feel like posting a bunch of straw men

You do realise that we (I.e. Squirts, Karth and myself) could've completely ignored this thread the moment it turned the way it did, but we didn't. It is you coming to us, not the other way round. Your CRship does not give you say or power over a regiment, nor does the say of anyone who has commented on this thread so far. Your prerogative only extends as far as the NW section of FSE, so don't delude yourself and other people that you can subject us or any other regiment/individuals to your will.

I am not saying that we are never willing to come to negotiation, but certainly not with you or anyone else here (with an assumed couple of exceptions), who have shown complete predujice towards the 63e though this thread.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2016, 08:47:45 am »
You do realise that we (I.e. Squirts, Karth and myself) could've completely ignored this thread the moment it turned the way it did, but we didn't. It is you coming to us, not the other way round.

You might as well not have come to thread for all you have brought these last couple pages. At least Squirts has attempted to be somewhat constructive from the start addressed a few issues, and even still he was trying to negotiate a solution. You? You started off being constructive I suppose, but not so much these last couple pages.

Your CRship does not give you say or power over a regiment, nor does the say of anyone who has commented on this thread so far.

Obviously not, this whole 63e siege thing would be a non issue if I had any real power over you to be quite honest. I would have had your server opened up after a few brief words in a steam chat with some of the 63e folk rather than bother with such a long dramatic debate.

Your prerogative only extends as far as the NW section of FSE, so don't delude yourself and other people that you can subject us or any other regiment/individuals to your will.

I'm attempting to subject you to my will am I? How so? Did I threaten to warn you? Mute you? Ban you? If I am attempting to misuse my CR powers as a means to subjugate, you please, report me to Duuring right now. He has made quite clear that a CR who breaches trust with the mod team is out.

I have done nothing but hold an open debate on this thread, which you are free to jump into as soon as you stop being ridiculous. You are doing nothing but throwing empty accusations at me.

I am not saying that we are never willing to come to negotiation, but certainly not with you or anyone else here (with an assumed couple of exceptions), who have shown complete predujice towards the 63e though this thread.

The same offer I extended to Squirts, I will also extend to you. Find me an example of me trying being unfairly biased against the 63e on this thread.

I know for a fact if you go a few pages back youll see me trying to clear up some of the misunderstandings around Karth and how he technically hasn't banned anyone.

So again, either go find me some examples of me being unfairly biased against the  63e, or I want an apology from both you and Squirts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:21:09 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2016, 09:19:52 am »
Double post, but I have seen some concern over "You are CR, why are you caring about things outside FSE?"

No part of being CR prevents me from talking about in game issues. I have been part of this community for 4 years, I have 3000+ hours and I am more than qualified/able to discuss community issues. Being Community Representative may give me no power in game, or in teamspeak, or wherever the hell the community resides, but that does not take away my right to talk to and organize people I have known for years about issues in a game we have played for years. I'm not sure what you expected of the CR position, Im not sure if all you wanted from me is to sit here and whine to moderators about why you got muted for a dancing pepe, or for me to in turn tell you exactly why the mods decided to mute you for quoting a 10+ quote long pyramid. Will I still do that? Probably. But that's not the only thing I will do. I see absolutely no reason I shouldn't actively solve issues in the community. FSE and NW are intertwined and they share the same community, so it should be treated as such.

The TL;DR -

, so don't expect me to act exactly like a mod. My obligations are actually very few, and after my chats with Duuring, I was told I am mostly free to make of the position what I please (within reason, of course), and I am choosing to make it a more community focused role - this may entail I will *gulp* do stuff in game, involving the community.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:29:25 am by AP0CALYPS3 »