Poll

Would you like to see and or participate in a 1v1 sword tournament?

Yes
No, I would not like to participate but I wouldn't care one way or another if it happened.
No, keep tournaments bayonet only

Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (May-June) Last Update  (Read 18231 times)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Community Rep Thread (May-June) EU 1st UPDATE 2nd NA UPDATE
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2016, 02:50:24 am »
Make NA1 fastest speed

Nobody cares about medium

Nuff said

I've been pushing for that for awhile. Going to bring it up again (realize though, the server box is ancient).

Keep it at it!

If there's anyone that can get it done, it would be you.

Perhaps you could get Thunderstormer on your side, that'd probs help a lot.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 04:11:26 am »
Seriously changing the melee speed won't change anything. I don't like battle so I don't play on the server. I'm sure it's like that for a lot of people.

Kinda off topic question. But why do NA and Eu play on different melee speeds?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 04:35:08 am »
Eh, I only exclusively play battle. When I am not playing battle, im dueling. Now if you guys dont really care for battle, then I am not sure why you would even care about conversations of the melee speed on a battle server. From my perspective, changing the melee speed wont hurt the pop. The people who medium speed is supposed to help probably dont even know there are different melee speeds. and I doubt they would care if it was changed. The people who do care tend to like fastest. Now, not ALL people who care like fastest, but a majority do. Its the very reason I have avoided NA1 when possible.

Also if we really wanted to grow the competitive community, we should have people being introduced to the fastest speed asap, instead of having them practice and play on medium before getting hit by a wall of reality when they come to NAGF/NANWL LBs.

It would also speed up the rounds by taking out those hour long fights between two people who have vague ideas of how to block.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:37:40 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 04:35:34 am »
Make NA1 fastest speed

Nuff said

I've been pushing for that for awhile. Going to bring it up again (realize though, the server box is ancient).

Keep it at it!

If there's anyone that can get it done, it would be you.

Perhaps you could get Thunderstormer on your side, that'd probs help a lot.

I asked about it again. They are adamantly opposed to changing it.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 04:37:51 am »
Eh, I only exclusively play battle. When I am not playing battle, im dueling. Now if you guys dont really care for battle, then I am not sure why you would even care about conversations of the melee speed on a battle server. From my perspective, changing the melee speed wont hurt the pop. The people who medium speed is supposed to help probably dont even know there are different melee speeds. and I doubt they would care if it was changed. The people who do care tend to like fastest. Now, not ALL people who care like fastest, but a majority do. Its the very reason I have avoided NA1 when possible.
what other battle servers are there besides NA1? Not counting groupfighting servers of course.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 04:40:18 am »
what other battle servers are there besides NA1? Not counting groupfighting servers of course.

I dont have Warband installed on this laptop but if you open up Warband, select the "Napoleonic Wars" module and then hit "Multiplayer" and "Join a game", you can open a filter in the top right that filters servers by game type. Here, you can select "Battle" and look for unpassworded servers.

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 04:43:34 am »
I'd play NA1 on fastest.  ;D

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 04:43:56 am »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 04:50:49 am »

I dont have Warband installed on this laptop but if you open up Warband, select the "Napoleonic Wars" module and then hit "Multiplayer" and "Join a game", you can open a filter in the top right that filters servers by game type. Here, you can select "Battle" and look for unpassworded servers.
sorry I don't have warband installed on my phone but you kinda proved my point anyways. If you played on battle servers as often as you say, then don't you think you would know a couple of them?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 04:52:59 am »
I never said I didn't know any battle servers.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2016, 09:04:14 am »
^ at the end of the day, NA1 really has nothing to lose but everything to gain by changing the speed.

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2016, 01:29:39 pm »
^ at the end of the day, NA1 really has nothing to lose but everything to gain by changing the speed.
Basically. I thought the point of the slow melee speed was to give new players more of a chance, but there really are no more new players.
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 10:02:30 am »
Make NA1 fastest speed

Nuff said

I believe they got a new box last year and moved to Kansas instead of Dallas (could be wrong), but as you said, they are adamant about not changing it  :-\
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 10:59:40 am »
I told Mack this the other day but in case others don't know.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=25991.0

na1 does have a new server box.  One of the better ones out there imo from a players POV.(I'd rather avoid the whole which server runs best debate) 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.