Author Topic: Suggestions and feedback [v1.0 - v1.1]  (Read 81460 times)

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
  • UB_1stDE_LtCol_TheDoctor Former Col of 11thMS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CaptainArtard or AndyTheIrishmen
  • Side: Union
Re: Suggestions and feedback
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2016, 05:29:33 pm »
wheres 1.1  :o
Is there any general time that can be given for its release? I am really curious  ;D

I have an exact release time
Spoiler
[close]
No but seriously just look to the future because it is coming.
So what you are saying is, you have a tactile mind of a potato...
--Burnout

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »
I'd like to ask for balancing units in CB. Although this game mode was greatly improved since 0.5, it still has some flaws. These are:
- Soldiers are still equiped with knifes, which leads to ridiculous situation where they fight with these knives instead of their bayonetted rifles (i.e. Lousiana Tigers).
- Zouaves appear to have much less soldiers, even though they are only a little bit better than lines.
-Some units appear to be much better at shooting than others (27thVA for example, seems to be the best at shooting of all line regiments).
-Sometimes after melee, bots cannot switch their weapons back to shooting mode (applies to non-bayonet rifles).
-Bots massacre one another on the spawn.

I also think the best solution would be to give line regiments only Springfields 42 or 55 depending on faction; giving lines other weapons in unnecesary and unbalanced in my opinion.

Thanks!

Well I have a few fixes for you.
1) The units are pretty balanced with the exception of the Foreign Intervention Highlanders which are Over Powered in melee

2) The units equipped with knives are probably skirmishers and because of this they probably have a skirmisher's rifle instead of a bayonetted weapon

3) Zuaves are skirmishers just like the rifles in NW they will have less men due to their improved shooting skill. In NaS the shooting is so much more accurate that if the zuaves had the same number as a line the line would most likely be decimated before they would be able to get into melee.

4)27thVA and 3rdCT both have very good shooting at CLOSE range due to their buck & ball rifles which are basically shotguns.

5) As for the not being able to switch back to melee mode. The bot commander must hit 0 to regain control of the bots (this is for if he for some reason lost control), then he must hit f4 and then hit f4, if you want to go back to melee hit f4 then f1.

6) As for the massacre at spawn just have the server turn off friendly fire for the round starts. If you play on the NaS_Official_CommanderBattle server (my server) you will be able to experience maps with functional AI mesh and no mass TK at spawn

7)As for the rifles, the Union uses the Harpers Ferry Rifles and the Confed uses the Springfield. The guns balance each other out as the harpers ferry may be better at shooting however the springfield is faster at melee.
--Burnout

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2016, 01:04:58 pm »
Thank you for your reply, Doctor.
2) The units equipped with knives are probably skirmishers and because of this they probably have a skirmisher's rifle instead of a bayonetted weapon
They probably aren't. I meant such regiments as 1stLA or 3rdAR that are equiped both with bayonetted rifles and knives. These knives should really be removed from them...
3) Zuaves are skirmishers just like the rifles in NW they will have less men due to their improved shooting skill. In NaS the shooting is so much more accurate that if the zuaves had the same number as a line the line would most likely be decimated before they would be able to get into melee.
No... Zouaves are infantry equipped with casual, innacurate bayonetted rifles, but they have better shooting skills and worse melee skills than line infantry. So they're pretty much equivalent of light infantry in NW, and note that light inf in NW has as many guys as line inf.
4)27thVA and 3rdCT both have very good shooting at CLOSE range due to their buck & ball rifles which are basically shotguns.
I disagree, I tested them a lot and 27thVA are in fact OP. I know that shotguns are really bad at long ranges when actual players use them, but in LBs shotguns are for some reason much better than normal rifles. I'd be happy to see it fixed
5) As for the not being able to switch back to melee mode. The bot commander must hit 0 to regain control of the bots (this is for if he for some reason lost control), then he must hit f4 and then hit f4, if you want to go back to melee hit f4 then f1.
You didn't understand me at all. Obviously, I know how to switch bots back to shooting mode... The problem is that sometimes bots equipped with non-bayonet rifles bug and lock on melee mode. It doesn't happen with bayonetted rifles.
6) As for the massacre at spawn just have the server turn off friendly fire for the round starts. If you play on the NaS_Official_CommanderBattle server (my server) you will be able to experience maps with functional AI mesh and no mass TK at spawn
Server hosts are often too stupid to switch tk off, so fixing this bug would be really helpful.
7)As for the rifles, the Union uses the Harpers Ferry Rifles and the Confed uses the Springfield. The guns balance each other out as the harpers ferry may be better at shooting however the springfield is faster at melee.
And you didn't understand me again.... What I asked for is removing non-bayonet rifles from line infantry regiments, or at least considering it.
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Kacper.

• Captain
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2016, 03:04:34 pm »
My suggestion is add this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=121815.0

P.S. Lorenz rifle is line infantry gun like springfield, enfield or Harpers Ferry '55, if you want skirmisher gun, add long range variant.
Vid Breitenfeld vi togo Pappenheim i vår famn;
vi skrefvo på Kronenbergs brynja vårt namn;
vi svedde grått skägg för Tilly vid Lech;
vi blödde med kungsblod vid Lützens häck.

Offline TheDoctor

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2016, 09:43:30 pm »
Is it just me or was the reloading a lot faster in the 2012 version of the mod then it is now
--Burnout

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »
Is it just me or was the reloading a lot faster in the 2012 version of the mod then it is now
Feels the same to me, but it would be nice if reloading was a bit faster  ;D
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2016, 04:02:00 pm »
Feels the same to me, but it would be nice if reloading was a bit faster  ;D

Back in the 2012 version when i started theirs a bug for reloading really quickly  ;)

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2016, 06:54:02 pm »
Reloading time is already twice as lower as it should actually be, I'd not increase reloading speed even more ;-)
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
Re: Suggestions and feedback [v1.0 - v1.1]
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2016, 06:08:03 pm »
This mod is really nice looking, the thing I find that lets it down the most though are the animations, it looks great otherwise.

Also firearms with bayonets fitted should suffer a reload penalty rather than accuracy, like in Whigs & Tories.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2016, 12:51:14 am »
Can I report Levy? He is calling my friend a *snip* , and being really rude to my regiment.. anyway have a nice day!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:08:59 am by Karth »

Offline Siberian Cossack

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Siberian_Cossack
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2016, 10:16:24 am »
Hello Hinkel. My own proper "fire and smoke" code was added to version 1.1 ? Also i saw textures of kentucky rifle. They rly looks poor and i can help with them
And yes, it would be nice if to Mississippi finally could have attach a bayonet  :o
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:19:21 am by Siberian Cossack »

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2016, 11:53:30 am »
Hello Hinkel. My own proper "fire and smoke" code was added to version 1.1 ? Also i saw textures of kentucky rifle. They rly looks poor and i can help with them
And yes, it would be nice if to Mississippi finally could have attach a bayonet  :o

Hey, yes indeed! You sent it to me last year in july and it was added asap in my version. So it stayed in, as well as your retextures of the Enfield and Lorenz :)

Like I said, the Mississippi and Lorenz Rifle are SKIRMISH rifles in North and South. They have the best stats and are available for Skirmish units.
If the Mississippi would get a bayonet, it would be unbalanced, cause it would have better melee stats and best accuracy.
There is NO need to add bayonets for both guns.

Offline Siberian Cossack

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:34 pm »

Hey, yes indeed! You sent it to me last year in july and it was added asap in my version. So it stayed in, as well as your retextures of the Enfield and Lorenz :)

Like I said, the Mississippi and Lorenz Rifle are SKIRMISH rifles in North and South. They have the best stats and are available for Skirmish units.
If the Mississippi would get a bayonet, it would be unbalanced, cause it would have better melee stats and best accuracy.

Well maybe then add to CSA zouaves (2nd type of unit with M1841) sword-bayonet as melee weapon ? I know about Bowie knife, but i think that this sword would be a good option to choose from as melee weapons

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »

Well maybe then add to CSA zouaves (2nd type of unit with M1841) sword-bayonet as melee weapon ? I know about Bowie knife, but i think that this sword would be a good option to choose from as melee weapons

Spoiler
[close]

Nope sorry. There won't be any new updates.

The Persistant World mod might add it.

Offline Siberian Cossack

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2016, 12:53:47 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Nope sorry. There won't be any new updates.

The Persistant World mod might add it.

it is a pity, it would have looked great  :( ::)

Spoiler

[close]