Author Topic: Are "old gen" players really better than new gens?  (Read 9239 times)

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hairdresser69
  • Side: Union
Re: Are "old gen" players really better than new gens?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 05:51:57 am »
Like Kore said some are and some are not. There have been old gens who have came back in 2017 + and be some of the best players or really good players in EU/NA. Examples are Havoc, Windlife, Hellomoto, Zorkoth, Etc.
only havoc was good lol i can shit on the other ones easily with my fucking monitor off.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 01:55:13 pm »
Like Kore said some are and some are not. There have been old gens who have came back in 2017 + and be some of the best players or really good players in EU/NA. Examples are Havoc, Windlife, Hellomoto, Zorkoth, Etc.
only havoc was good lol i can shit on the other ones easily with my fucking monitor off.
No

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2019, 02:35:20 pm »
players like Haze came back for NWWC and is one of the most average players now, it not about when u started playing, if u have over 1k hours u have no excuse for being shit because after that many hours in a game if u haven't learnt how to play then u will never learn.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2019, 02:43:39 pm »
players like Haze came back for NWWC and is one of the most average players now, it not about when u started playing, if u have over 1k hours u have no excuse for being shit because after that many hours in a game if u haven't learnt how to play then u will never learn.

-Ry4n

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:04 pm »

-Ry4n
new gen eamon

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2019, 04:51:18 pm »
Which is why old gen players by logic are better. Even in 2013 you had time to play 1k hours and master the game completely like you can in 2019. Which means it comes to talent and being mechanically gifted to be faster than your opponent. But back in the old days there was far more players which means you have higher pool of talent then now.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:06 pm »
Are we going to ignore the fact that in the Old vs New Gen 1v1 the New gens got smacked?!?!?!? Also Lawbringer being a older player I thought you would side with the old gens but guess not.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 09:34:33 pm »
Are we going to ignore the fact that in the Old vs New Gen 1v1 the New gens got smacked?!?!?!?
lmao if we did this in eu, there would be no contest
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:14 pm »
Are we going to ignore the fact that in the Old vs New Gen 1v1 the New gens got smacked?!?!?!? Also Lawbringer being a older player I thought you would side with the old gens but guess not.

This ^

Pretty sure we(old gen) won the gf too
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline OldPlayer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 10:04:17 pm »
Those "old" gens re just overrated low shits who for some reasons think that they re still good at melee. Their stupid brain is stuck in year 2013 where if you knew chambering you were a god...
And who are you again?

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Ens_Sura_Fraser
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 10:10:27 pm »

This ^

Pretty sure we(old gen) won the gf too

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:29 am »
y’all sound awfully confident

Let’s run it back

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 12:33:58 am »
Time to hand the New Gens another L  8)

Offline Godsworn Alexiel

• Corporal
  • peepochrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 12:38:54 am »

True, old gen did win that gf and I was in it playing for Old Gens. I think however this is unrelated to what my actual claim is, which would be that on average, new gen players improve faster and have a higher skill ceiling than old gen players during their era.

That groupfight essentially, is not representative of the overall constituencies, as it was full of old gen players who continually played up until that point. Such a groupfighting would have been represented if we took the old gen players and threw in more retired ones during their skill of the old era, and pitted them against new gens in current era.

If you subtract all current old gen players from modern day or 1-2 years ago and pitted them against a 2013 team, they would likely win.

You go back to 2012-14 videos and no one can block or even has knowledge of groupfighting tactics.
i can deadlift 700 pounds

chadlite in training

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2019, 12:39:50 am »
y’all sound awfully confident

Let’s run it back
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS