Author Topic: 12th Election (June-Aug term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 13908 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
12th Election (June-Aug term) - Candidates and discussion
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:34:57 am »
Shadow can at any time change this.  I will give this till 12 am central US on the 27th before i lock in who can run and put up the thread for people to vote in.

if i see a troll app, i wont add it.   You must answer all of the questions in the app.  Consider this your warning.   I'll try and update the op daily, other mods can update it as well. check the stickied threads if you  need help.

I will be updating the CR stickied thread shortly regarding CR activity. 

NA:
Jakester
Spoiler
Name: Jakester
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: I am capable of administrative work and am a frequent browser of the forums, even if I'm not posting. I actually do try to put effort into the NA community and the general consensus on me is that I'm competent and mildly involved in most areas of the game, from competitive to casual to forum drama and I even interact with filthy medium-speed Europeans.
[close]

Lady Moraine
Spoiler
Name: Lady Moraine
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes.
Why should you become CR?: Being both active in the casual and competitive side I think I'd make a capable CR being able to help the community both in trying to get new community members through new community servers for pubs, and supporting competitive leagues.
[close]

Dan the Chef
Spoiler
Name: Dan the Chef
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes
Why should you become CR?: Throughout the years, I have helped to create and run a wide range of tournaments and events that cater to both the competitive and casual communities of NW. Now, since there about 17 different leagues going on, I have decided to continue my tagpro league so that people of lesser ability like myself have a chance to play in a competitive setting. Other tournaments like the cheat tournament have been great success in showcasing the diverse community that NW possesses. The most important reason that I should become CR is that I have years of experience corralling mentally disadvantaged individuals in both NW and PW.
[close]

Pickle
Spoiler
Name: Pickle

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes

Why should you become CR? :
I believe I should be the NA Community Representative because I truly want to help make everyone's experiences more fun and in general, just better. I have a decent amount of administrative experience starting back in 2013 helping admin a linebattle to present day where I am a Moderator of both NA groupfighting servers and heading NA RGL. In the past I have been Moderator of NA NWL, Referee of various leagues and tournaments, and Admin of several servers. I have been with this community since 2012(and on FSE since 2013) so I think I have a pretty good concept of how it works and how to improve it.

Listed below are a few of my goals. In addition to those goals I have created a list of interesting competitive and casual event ideas that I will release if I am elected.

My Goals:
  • Create fun, experimental, and interesting events for both Competitive and Casual groups alike.
  • Be as transparent as possible with the community.
  • Respect community opinions and ideas.
  • Create a schedule for CR hosted events and tournaments that span the term.
  • Continue and revive popular events such as NANWL and the Regional Groupfighting Tournament.
  • Have recurring discussions with regimental representatives and community memebers to hear your concerns/suggestions.

If elected I would like to work with the other candidates so their views, goals, and voters are represented to the fullest extent.

I asked a few Community Members if I would be a good CR and why, here are their testimonials.

Hellomoto
As one of my oldest NW friends, I have seen Pickle put on a myriad of hats. I've seen him be a ranker, NCO, CO, and most prominently, one of the head admins of the NA Groupfighting server. He has excelled at all these roles and took his responsibilities seriously, while always keeping in context that at the end of the day NW is a game we play to have fun. Pickle's most prominent quality is that he approaches each situation with a level head, and that is a valuable quality for a person in any position, to ensure a fair, just, and most importantly, a fun environment. He is also one of the gayest men to ever touch this game, which is another huge achievement I must commend him for.
[close]
Unitater
First I would like to include the following: I agree for Pickle to post this on the forums. Now on to my statement: I haven't been in the NW community for a long time compared to some people, and that difference pales when compared to a person like pickle. Pickle has been a staunch, reliable, and trustworthy member of this community for years. While I canot vouch for his years prior to when I joined this game, I do know from my experience with him - as an NA GF admin, a forum member, a friend, and eventually a loyal member of the 15e that this fella would make an excellent CR. He has the connections needed for this position across the community, the reputation to back it, and the experience necessary for it. Therefore, I can endorse pickle's run for CR without a single regret, and fully hope he wins the elections.
[close]
Theodin
While many community members claim to be impartial third parties, they do this because they are either A) lying or B) too inactive to matter. Pickle, however, is one of the few community members who can realistically claim to be an impartial, objective third party.  The community has already recognized this, handing Pickle important positions in leagues, tournaments, and servers. A true testament to this is that Pickle is the only person to have been a NA Groupfighting and BoB Groupfighting moderator. This type of true impartiality and competence in the CR position hasn't been seen since Mack, and right now there is no one more qualified and suited to the position than Pickle.
 -Theodin
[close]
*Note * None of these statements were forced. Each individual gave me permission to post their statements. I did not change the statements at all.
[close]

God of Aut Superb*Pedro
Spoiler
Name:  God of Aut Superb*Pedro
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: YeAH.
Why should you become CR? I am the definition of a representative. I represent more than 200 autistic constituents for 5 years. I've seen many forms of cancer in the community but it was positive enough to expand it towards BoB_Groupfighting which has a perfect balance of reforms in fairness and regulation. I am also currently trying to create new ideas and concepts to improve the NA community so that it becomes alive again with little bit of toxicity.  How this relates to my position as being is of course establishing trust FROM the people by using relevant experience.
Now is the time to disband incumbents like Windblower and since this is a short term, it's time for an autist to revive the na community.
[close]

EU:
Herishey
Spoiler
Name: Herishey
EU or NA?: EU.
Why should you become CR?: Since being CR I'd like to think I have helped the community both in terms of events and general help as well, such as dealing with a few feuds on threads (for example the hussars threads, NWWC threads, etc). I have began hosting the tournaments I promised and listened to the community when changes have been requested (e.g. EIC board, dupe accounts and the HUN language board).

If you vote for me again I will remain the active CR that I have been and continue to try to work with you to improve the community in terms of events, arguments and suggestions.

My previous app;

In terms of both FSE and the EU NW Community I have been very involved for years hosting some major events ranging from the NWFL, NWWC to co-hosting the NWL. I want to try and push for a bigger focus on event sub-boards for major events such as TGL, NWFL, NWWC, etc just as Taleworlds do as events are simply the only thing that keeps the community still alive. Regiments of course play a part in this but without events regiments pointless. I am very active on the forums and although I used to have my moments of rebellion and trolling moments towards FSE I feel I have matured over these years to some extent and have always been very involved in keeping this community going even with my playtime declining (be that through my maps, events or thread templates).
[close]

Riddlez
Spoiler
Name: Riddlez
Why should you become CR?: I have served two terms as a CR before and I believe when I did that I was succesful in being the link between the Community and the moderators, as well as inter-community problem solving, which I did a few times.
People can expect that from me again. Especially in terms of inter-community problem solving people would be able to assume complete equal treatment. I have no regimental affiliation and will thus be completely impartial to whatever argument is going on.
I will also maintain a professional level of criticism expected from a CR, which I have also done in the past, though much of it was invisible to the community, considering those dicussiosn took place in the moderator board.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:29:02 pm by Noorwegian »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
Re: 12th Election (June-Aug term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:00:03 pm »
Anyone but Herishey please. This community has already suffered enough, give it a chance.  :'(
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 12:01:48 pm »
Anyone but Herishey please. This community has already suffered enough, give it a chance.  :'(

We need Retardamar

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 12:26:36 pm »
@Pickle ur up my dood

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:29:41 pm »
I think my reign as CR has been successful, the EU community is thriving again! So be quiet Tardet or I'll get you banned!

Name: Herishey
Why should you become CR?: Since being CR I'd like to think I have helped the community both in terms of events and general help as well, such as dealing with a few feuds on threads (for example the hussars threads, NWWC threads, etc). I have began hosting the tournaments I promised and listened to the community when changes have been requested (e.g. EIC board, dupe accounts and the HUN language board).

If you vote for me again I will remain the active CR that I have been and continue to try to work with you to improve the community in terms of events, arguments and suggestions.

My previous app;

In terms of both FSE and the EU NW Community I have been very involved for years hosting some major events ranging from the NWFL, NWWC to co-hosting the NWL. I want to try and push for a bigger focus on event sub-boards for major events such as TGL, NWFL, NWWC, etc just as Taleworlds do as events are simply the only thing that keeps the community still alive. Regiments of course play a part in this but without events regiments pointless. I am very active on the forums and although I used to have my moments of rebellion and trolling moments towards FSE I feel I have matured over these years to some extent and have always been very involved in keeping this community going even with my playtime declining (be that through my maps, events or thread templates).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 04:47:22 pm »
Why should you become CR?: I am capable of administrative work and am a frequent browser of the forums, even if I'm not posting. I actually do try to put effort into the NA community and the general consensus on me is that I'm competent and mildly involved in most areas of the game, from competitive to casual to forum drama and I even interact with filthy medium-speed Europeans.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »
11/10, will vote for
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 08:48:34 pm »
Name: Riddlez
Why should you become CR?: I have served two terms as a CR before and I believe when I did that I was succesful in being the link between the Community and the moderators, as well as inter-community problem solving, which I did a few times.
People can expect that from me again. Especially in terms of inter-community problem solving people would be able to assume complete equal treatment. I have no regimental affiliation and will thus be completely impartial to whatever argument is going on.
I will also maintain a professional level of criticism expected from a CR, which I have also done in the past, though much of it was invisible to the community, considering those dicussiosn took place in the moderator board.

Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 10:08:17 pm »
@Pickle ur up my dood
I'll post my app soon

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 10:49:22 pm »
i vote herishey because he actually plays the game

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 11:31:06 pm »
I vote Herishey

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 06:07:40 am »
Name: Lady Moraine
Why should you become CR?: Being both active in the casual and competitive side I think I'd make a capable CR being able to help the community both in trying to get new community members through new community servers for pubs, and supporting competitive leagues.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 12:56:43 pm »
someone cool run for NA

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 12:57:41 pm »
Want me to run for NA too? I'm cool.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.