Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]  (Read 78375 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]
« Reply #735 on: July 29, 2019, 12:37:46 pm »
GG 6te.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:26:28 pm by Fartknocker »
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #736 on: July 29, 2019, 01:25:26 pm »
I will say my piece and be done with it. Losing is one thing, but the manner in which this loss occurred is bullshit to a certain degree. There were rounds in which one or two people got cut off from the line and LG ran them all the way into the map edge and then told us we could not shoot at the LG who were now advancing towards us I  a line. This repeated a few times. Maybe I should have expected this with the previous times we have been given a Die or Die choice from the administration, sure on paper they get away with it, but it's a pure loophole or certain interpretation of rules that only serve to help their play style of turning the match into a groupfighting tournament.

Having a heavily LG controlled moderation team will possibly help that and I'm sure I will get a response in which I am told everybody is treated equally but after this final this is not the case. Once the LG had their 6 rounds, ill gotten from our view or otherwise, the rules completely went out the window, multiple instances of no all chat slays not enforced, and the general behaviour of the LG, which is sadly expected at this point, is to be toxic and disrespectful, this had carried on in chat throughout the match, but you ignore this as it happens, but the match was not over and the referees had a job to do which they didn't. (On a side note I don't know who requested the no all chat, I was under the impression i had to agree to it or its enforced by the administration team but I think the ref said it was requested so I don't know.) I have always believed in letting the match run it's course and the referees to allow 1v1 gameplay to thrive and not to restrict it to bullshit like this, it all stems from an unwritten rule or a generalised interpretation of a very specific rule in terms of when your line is deemed to be in melee. It is all very contradictory when you have an unwritten rule in the league that you may reform and shoot when your line is all together, which we were once we had been forced to take a die or die choice.

It speaks volumes that the mighty LG feared simply being in a 1v1 formation scenario against us, so much so that this is the loophole or exploit or interpretation of the rules that they won the league on, in order to force a melee. When I asked the moderation team during the pause about this, they told me that we would be treated as rambo if this happened and that we had to all fight melee or have the rambos slain. If the rambos had been slain would we have been able to carry on playing like it's a 1v1, or forced to all meet in melee, or would the same apply if we turned and fought with no chance to get back to our line (which we were trying to do but when your being chased by their entire line, you know). You can sit here and tell me you must make an attempt to go back to your line but you know full well that we did our best to which doesn't involve running into a line of LG until we ran out of space and had to. I wonder how in that scenario could I have requested a slay of myself and Sean and had our line continue to act as a line? I imagine a decision like that, with the space we had left, would have been delayed anyway so we would be forced to melee but who knows.

Sure we didn't do ourselves any favours losing alot of rounds in which we were up in numbers, with the LG doing the smart thing of running away from our push and breaking us up, and a battle of individuals groupfighting experience do the rest, I would have accepted the loss if that was the case the entire 1v1 but sadly not. But again any man and his dog would win every 1v1 if they had the firepower and didn't throw melee to win scenarios like these against regiments who do not have access to the same level of roster. This part is oh woe is me of course but that is the consequence of a melee stack and learning how to manipulate it properly.

A lot of this may fall on deaf ears and the LG will cherish their win anyway, but I could not think of more undeserving winners especially with the manner in how they acted while the 1v1 was still to be completed.

Referees and moderation team I am sure you will have your say, or maybe not, but before the final it was all mostly minor and a relatively smooth process in every match. We had outled everybody before us within the rules for the most part, but nothing we could do when large parts of this final was conducted in this way, and we were forced, by the bullshit interpretation of rules or lack thereof, to melee a regiment in a tournament in which we had always been given the chance to play our way and have an actual contest in terms of leadership and melee, while this was just how can we win this in the shittiest way possible.

With the exception of the final and one or two other potential mishaps, thanks to the administration team and also thanks to the IB, LIR and the 1aSvea, all regiments who played as if it were actually a 1v1 linebattle.

In most cases of NANWL, nobody remembers the runners up and will only ever see the score, but I could not let this lie. Apologies to Jakester who asked to talk about any potential rounds last night but I was naturally not in the mood and wanted to give this a bit of thought.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 29, 2019, 01:45:47 pm »
Spoiler
I will say my piece and be done with it. Losing is one thing, but the manner in which this loss occurred is bullshit to a certain degree. There were rounds in which one or two people got cut off from the line and LG ran them all the way into the map edge and then told us we could not shoot at the LG who were now advancing towards us I  a line. This repeated a few times. Maybe I should have expected this with the previous times we have been given a Die or Die choice from the administration, sure on paper they get away with it, but it's a pure loophole or certain interpretation of rules that only serve to help their play style of turning the match into a groupfighting tournament.

Having a heavily LG controlled moderation team will possibly help that and I'm sure I will get a response in which I am told everybody is treated equally but after this final this is not the case. Once the LG had their 6 rounds, ill gotten from our view or otherwise, the rules completely went out the window, multiple instances of no all chat slays not enforced, and the general behaviour of the LG, which is sadly expected at this point, is to be toxic and disrespectful, this had carried on in chat throughout the match, but you ignore this as it happens, but the match was not over and the referees had a job to do which they didn't. (On a side note I don't know who requested the no all chat, I was under the impression i had to agree to it or its enforced by the administration team but I think the ref said it was requested so I don't know.) I have always believed in letting the match run it's course and the referees to allow 1v1 gameplay to thrive and not to restrict it to bullshit like this, it all stems from an unwritten rule or a generalised interpretation of a very specific rule in terms of when your line is deemed to be in melee. It is all very contradictory when you have an unwritten rule in the league that you may reform and shoot when your line is all together, which we were once we had been forced to take a die or die choice.

It speaks volumes that the mighty LG feared simply being in a 1v1 formation scenario against us, so much so that this is the loophole or exploit or interpretation of the rules that they won the league on, in order to force a melee. When I asked the moderation team during the pause about this, they told me that we would be treated as rambo if this happened and that we had to all fight melee or have the rambos slain. If the rambos had been slain would we have been able to carry on playing like it's a 1v1, or forced to all meet in melee, or would the same apply if we turned and fought with no chance to get back to our line (which we were trying to do but when your being chased by their entire line, you know). You can sit here and tell me you must make an attempt to go back to your line but you know full well that we did our best to which doesn't involve running into a line of LG until we ran out of space and had to. I wonder how in that scenario could I have requested a slay of myself and Sean and had our line continue to act as a line? I imagine a decision like that, with the space we had left, would have been delayed anyway so we would be forced to melee but who knows.

Sure we didn't do ourselves any favours losing alot of rounds in which we were up in numbers, with the LG doing the smart thing of running away from our push and breaking us up, and a battle of individuals groupfighting experience do the rest, I would have accepted the loss if that was the case the entire 1v1 but sadly not. But again any man and his dog would win every 1v1 if they had the firepower and didn't throw melee to win scenarios like these against regiments who do not have access to the same level of roster. This part is oh woe is me of course but that is the consequence of a melee stack and learning how to manipulate it properly.

A lot of this may fall on deaf ears and the LG will cherish their win anyway, but I could not think of more undeserving winners especially with the manner in how they acted while the 1v1 was still to be completed.

Referees and moderation team I am sure you will have your say, or maybe not, but before the final it was all mostly minor and a relatively smooth process in every match. We had outled everybody before us within the rules for the most part, but nothing we could do when large parts of this final was conducted in this way, and we were forced, by the bullshit interpretation of rules or lack thereof, to melee a regiment in a tournament in which we had always been given the chance to play our way and have an actual contest in terms of leadership and melee, while this was just how can we win this in the shittiest way possible.

With the exception of the final and one or two other potential mishaps, thanks to the administration team and also thanks to the IB, LIR and the 1aSvea, all regiments who played as if it were actually a 1v1 linebattle.

In most cases of NANWL, nobody remembers the runners up and will only ever see the score, but I could not let this lie. Apologies to Jakester who asked to talk about any potential rounds last night but I was naturally not in the mood and wanted to give this a bit of thought.
[close]

I agree with the all chat point. It should’ve been enforced better and a lot of slays were missed. Most of these were after we already won though. But it doesn’t change the fact that the rule still should’ve applied.

Your disappointment with the whole getting cut off doesn’t make much sense to me tbh. I mean you probably expected us to chase for melee the entire time and for a few rounds we did, and effectively cut off some of your players from your line and engaged them in melee. You guys lost a bunch of rounds because you just kept running away and getting picked off slowly. Even in rounds where you got great shots and entered melee up 5 or 6 players. Your melee lacked teamwork and coordination in many instances. I could simply say “don’t get cut off from your line and you’ll be fine”, but that wouldn’t be a good enough argument I guess. A lot of your “rambos” that got cut off were close enough to being engaged in melee after being cut off that it wasn’t even much of a Rambo. We were gonna catch them anyways. One time we caught a player on your team and DJ killed him which allowed you guys to resume shooting us, and we still won the round. There were also plenty of rounds in the second half where we lined up at the bottom of your hill and exchanged in firing and proceeded to charge uphill, winning the rounds. Even if we take away the two “shady” rounds we win 6-4. It was a fair win and was a good match. Our melee was simply better and more coordinated. Our shots hit when it counted. GG

Edit: Also, instead of requesting a slay, there is a suicide option. If you really wanted to slay your “rambos” you could’ve done it yourself and avoided melee. Also every 1v1 I’ve been a part of has been if one player is in melee the whole line is.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:57:56 pm by Fartknocker »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 29, 2019, 01:58:22 pm »
I think what irish is talking about is how you guy got him/raf into melee (in seperate rounds) then just blocked against the one guy cut off, while the rest of your line charged accrossed the map towards the 6te. Technically 6te was in melee and therefore couldn't shoot, which meant you guys could technically do a 91st charge from mapedge to mapedge without the 6te being able to do anything about it. Whether this is in agreement with your NA rules is not up to me. But it's still a very childish and borderline unfair way of winning.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 29, 2019, 02:02:01 pm »
The only thing I agree with that Irish brought up was the all chat. After LG hit 6, it was as if the refs went afk. Both sides were talking in all chat and no slays were given. Refs gave no explanation as to why they stopped the all chat rule. Everything else he brought up is just nonsense. If I was the lone Rambo, I could have easily took one for the team and slayed myself via suicide in the options menu. That would have not allowed LG to get into a full on melee. Sometimes ya gotta think on the fly.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 29, 2019, 02:07:50 pm »
I think what irish is talking about is how you guy got him/raf into melee (in seperate rounds) then just blocked against the one guy cut off, while the rest of your line charged accrossed the map towards the 6te. Technically 6te was in melee and therefore couldn't shoot, which meant you guys could technically do a 91st charge from mapedge to mapedge without the 6te being able to do anything about it. Whether this is in agreement with your NA rules is not up to me. But it's still a very childish and borderline unfair way of winning.

It’s a viable tactic when that one person chooses to engage in the melee. They could have simply suicided and boom the 1v1 resumes. Our advantage was melee and we used it.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #741 on: July 29, 2019, 02:26:01 pm »
20. Ramboing is defined as a player moving toward the enemy or away from their line instead of attempting to rejoin or stay with their own line. Players that stray within 20 man spacing of the enemy line on their own will be slain with warning. Officers are not exempt from this rule.

6te wouldnt have won lets get that straight but the back handed way the other team won is kind of gross, and after LG got 6 it should have just ended because there was no administration going forward.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #742 on: July 29, 2019, 02:35:32 pm »
To be fair, It was a scummy tactic. But to be also fair it was within rules and it worked.

|Viper|

« Reply #743 on: July 29, 2019, 03:19:42 pm »
Since the LG did not play with controllers I am now disappointed!

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 29, 2019, 03:23:43 pm »
Since the LG did not play with controllers I am now disappointed!
Glenn promised they would.

Offline Artista.

• Captain
  • Ex. 47th, 66th, 85e, 15thYR, Nr12, K-KA,92nd Gren.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~Artista~
« Reply #745 on: July 29, 2019, 03:26:58 pm »
Irish could have suicided when he got cut off, end of discussion.
vegi is literally the worst of the worst in this community.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #746 on: July 29, 2019, 03:33:16 pm »
Both instances where the officers got cut off could have been avoided by not having so much spacing and from the videos it looks like you chose to run away from your line rather than towards it. Especially the first time with Irish where I was definitely not close enough for there to be a need to run the opposite direction. It was silly that you couldn’t shoot after we killed you though.

Now when we chased Raf it was a little closer but I still think he could have kept running towards the 6te line. Eitherway we just killed him and went back to a normal 1v1 and won the round out that way.

There was one questionable round when they were told not to shoot and based on the melee difference there’s a good chance we still would have won it.

All chat yeah idk where that went both sides weren’t slain for it.

We trained our melee specifically for this. Once we realized how much of an advantage we had in the melee there was no need to risk shooting. Naturally you could have kept your distance to avoid the melee but instead you chose to engage us on that middle hill pretty much every round. Trust me we didn’t fear you, you made mistakes and we capitalized.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=B7LGoPxceSo
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:03:32 pm by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Kubbish

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KubKub
« Reply #747 on: July 29, 2019, 03:44:04 pm »
Kinda sad after losing but now after I smoked Kunbish™ doinks I felt way better! I hope we all get along in the end, even if one side did scummy shit. Atleast we can all agree the HRE is shit and move on from this.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 29, 2019, 03:44:27 pm »
Or maybe admins should have followed the rules oops.  :-*

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #749 on: July 29, 2019, 03:53:37 pm »
Or maybe admins should have followed the rules oops.  :-*
Can’t wait for season 10 where regiments sacrifice members as strategic rambos

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer