Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]  (Read 78366 times)

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 9]
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2019, 07:10:53 pm »
With regards to Matts Ban, I would greatly appreciate the mods adding me to discuss and share said evidence.  Since when the 91st vs 63e was reviewed the same characteristics that are seen here were ignored.  I hope to discuss this on steam rather than discuss this on the forums where it can get a bit messy.

Offline Philoni

• Corporal
  • President of RaptorBoat
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Phil
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2019, 07:21:38 pm »
Today is a sad day. You, the reader, has likely heard of the grievous and uncharitable treatment of one of the community's most important members, Matt, the GOAT. This type of dictatorship cannot be allowed to go on in this community. While the cronies have the power, this type of treatment will happen more and more often as they come to realize nobody will retaliate against them. Well, I will. I say, give Matt a trial and let us hear what he has to say. Let us determine the outcomes of his actions, and we will see what happens.
pizza

Offline @theRealBluenose

• Sergeant Major
  • Leader of the 24th Regiment of Foot | NA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bluenose
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2019, 07:24:08 pm »
Matt did nothing wrong

Offline Philoni

• Corporal
  • President of RaptorBoat
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Phil
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2019, 07:24:48 pm »
Matt did nothing wrong

Quite correct my fellow chad
pizza

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
  • Side: Union
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2019, 08:08:56 pm »
Lol let's bring up stuff from a long long time ago to ruin someones experience on a dead game. This is pathetic.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2019, 08:09:36 pm »
MATT demands a trial by COMBAT.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2019, 08:29:51 pm »
 8)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »
now lets get that 58e win overturned

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2019, 09:35:22 pm »
now lets get that 58e win overturned
now lets get theo overturned

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2019, 10:21:38 pm »
no one cares about poor oatmeal

I wasnt planning on playing in the league anyway bcuz linebattles are gay and boring lol

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Risk_

• Board Moderator
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2019, 10:26:29 pm »
Is it too late to sign up the 58e?

Sign-ups close on this Saturday (May 4th)

With regards to Matts Ban, I would greatly appreciate the mods adding me to discuss and share said evidence.  Since when the 91st vs 63e was reviewed the same characteristics that are seen here were ignored.  I hope to discuss this on steam rather than discuss this on the forums where it can get a bit messy.

I believe you have most of the mods on steam already and yes we can discuss. I have spoken with Wardop and Nick about this as well. I don't see the connection between the 91st and 63e case. That has been reviewed previous seasons. I made a post on it last year, but there is just no evidence. There is bill saying he played and other players, and lawbringer and his regiment saying he didn't. Talked with all the people involved and old players, it just isn't there to overturn.

Lol let's bring up stuff from a long long time ago to ruin someones experience on a dead game. This is pathetic.

This is in reference to the end of Season 8 (last season). At the time, the mod staff only knew of Oatmeal who sabotaged the league (by intentionally tking and producing fake logs in attempt to strip the 6teSLR of their win). We knew other people were involved but did not know their names. No one, not even Oatmeal, has been punished for their actions of last year. This season will be the first of action taken upon players. It's important when someone is trying to sabotage the league and the mod staff didn't know and have all the names until months after. Again, that is just their word and it wasn't until recently of reviewing the video (of matt tking) and matt himself openly admitting to helping Oatmeal in the community meeting. It was voted on he would receive the same punishment as Oatmeal.

This is all said in Amit's post last year. Please read this for context

I will say there was delay between myself and the mods in deciding on this matter. This was meant to be posted with the first batch of refs announced; however, we didn't get to it and caused a slight delay in meeting again to discuss.

Oatmeal don't bother posting here if you have nothing beneficial to add. This is your last warning.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 10:58:20 pm by Risk_ »

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »

I believe you have most of the mods on steam already and yes we can discuss. I have spoken with Wardop and Nick about this as well. I don't see the connection between the 91st and 63e case. That has been reviewed previous seasons. I made a post on it last year, but there is just no evidence. There is bill saying he played and other players, and lawbringer and his regiment saying he didn't. Talked with all the people involved and old players, it just isn't there to overturn.

This is in reference to the end of Season 8 (last season). At the time, the mod staff only knew of Oatmeal who sabotaged the league (by intentionally tking and producing fake logs in attempt to strip the 6teSLR of their win). We knew other people were involved but did not know their names. No one, not even Oatmeal, has been punished for their actions of last year. This season will be the first of action taken upon players. It's important when someone is trying to sabotage the league and the mod staff didn't know and have all the names until months after. Again, that is just their word and it wasn't until recently of reviewing the video (of matt tking) and matt himself openly admitting to helping Oatmeal in the community meeting. It was voted on he would receive the same punishment as Oatmeal.

I will say there was delay between myself and the mods in deciding on this matter. This was meant to be posted with the first batch of refs announced; however, we didn't get to it and caused a slight delay in meeting again to discuss.

Oatmeal don't bother posting here if you have nothing beneficial to add. This is your last warning.

As someone who used to run this.....and I think I have the right to say I did it well, I want to say that the calls you make or choices you make about previous cases has an affect on calls and choices you make in the future.  Bill, Raf, and Pinoy have all admitted to playing in that match.  I have people telling me that you have been told this Risk.  That some of these people even joke and laugh about it with you in the channel.  But the fact still remains you werent there for season 5. Were you?  You have people saying that they played in the match knowing they couldn't, yet you choose to ignore them.  Now we look at this reasoning for banning Matt.  I understand that Matt admitted to doing what he did back than.  Just like Bill and the others did.  However you make a different call here.  The evidence is the same.  The offense isnt. But the evidence is.  We have videos and pictures for both cases.   Now you can claim and say that, "Oh its different." or "Its a case by case issue." But in reality you are playing "Kings Court".  If what Matt did is truly a banable offense than you need to do what you feel is a appropriate punishment.  The same could be said for Oatmeal.  IF you feel that what has happened is a permanent ban, by all means do what you must.   But the amount of time you waited to come to a sentencing, the amount of time that it took to review this, and for that matter the timing of all of this was pretty poor. 
As we discussed on steam, I thoroughly look forward to hearing what you have to say. 

Offline Risk_

• Board Moderator
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2019, 11:52:59 pm »
Spoiler

As someone who used to run this.....and I think I have the right to say I did it well, I want to say that the calls you make or choices you make about previous cases has an affect on calls and choices you make in the future.  Bill, Raf, and Pinoy have all admitted to playing in that match.  I have people telling me that you have been told this Risk.  That some of these people even joke and laugh about it with you in the channel.  But the fact still remains you werent there for season 5. Were you?  You have people saying that they played in the match knowing they couldn't, yet you choose to ignore them.  Now we look at this reasoning for banning Matt.  I understand that Matt admitted to doing what he did back than.  Just like Bill and the others did.  However you make a different call here.  The evidence is the same.  The offense isnt. But the evidence is.  We have videos and pictures for both cases.   Now you can claim and say that, "Oh its different." or "Its a case by case issue." But in reality you are playing "Kings Court".  If what Matt did is truly a banable offense than you need to do what you feel is a appropriate punishment.  The same could be said for Oatmeal.  IF you feel that what has happened is a permanent ban, by all means do what you must.   But the amount of time you waited to come to a sentencing, the amount of time that it took to review this, and for that matter the timing of all of this was pretty poor. 
As we discussed on steam, I thoroughly look forward to hearing what you have to say.
[close]

With respect, that is in the past and since season 7 NWL has always looked to not be stagnant and improve. It's why rules are made, edited and refined. Yes, I don't have a lot of insight about season 5. However, I do have insight on season 8. I was there and I know what has been said to me and what I know. It's more than just words, there is more than just that. It's a culmination of everything that has happened upon this matter and what the mods decided.

Offline Risk_

• Board Moderator
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2019, 12:36:39 am »
Matt you are now banned from the thread. Do not post here anymore

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2019, 12:37:18 am »
Season 5 staff and the staff now are totally different. If something was going to be overturned it should have been done then when it was relevant and they were in the know. However, season 8 staff and now season 9 staff are relatively the same so they have the right to make changes.

Bringing up shit that happened 4 years ago is just silly imo

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer