Author Topic: Knight Club  (Read 9146 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Knight Club
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 05:13:33 am »
of course they are blunt, but still can be deadly if used by someone who is either an idiot who doesnt know what hes doing or someone who knows completely what they are doing.

spears are blunt metal weapons too, arrows, however, are rubber balls on the tip where the tip of the arrowhead should be. they still hurt like hell though.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 05:16:09 am »
cool to use those bows on something like a paintball/airsoft field
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 05:21:18 am »
cool to use those bows on something like a paintball/airsoft field

dont mention airsoft around me. pls. its completely outlawed here in Aus... and i hate someone on the spot when they mention airsoft  >:(

it makes me so jelly.  ::)

anyway, Dave Sanders, you probs wont know him but almost everyone in Aus does, he has a bow that he has called ''Sarah''. it has the same stopping power as a .303 rifle and it has been tested as such. at full drawback of course. full drawback is really hard to do on that bow, its made of some of the finest wood there is available for bows that isnt protected.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:45 am »

Thats gay airsoft is baller as fuck. I have a full metal MP44.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 08:32:18 am »
I'm never quite sure how to re-act when I see a photo full of airsofters in full militairy kit and weapons and shit.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 08:35:03 am »
That's easy.

"Oi you. SODHEAD. The British don't wear MARPAT trouser and Kevlar helmet. M8. They don't even use mp40 in 2014.  Oh your portraying US Legion Air Service Luftwaffenmusikkorp?  Spot on then I would say you cheeky bastard"

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 01:21:50 pm »
Most Airsoft teams actually are quite accurate when it comes to gear used. I used to play Airsoft when I was younger, and I thought it was fun. There were many groups that came up with their uniform in regards to what people should get, and they stuck with modern style equipment, armor, and clothing. Most Airsoft groups, keep in mind, do not portray actual military organizations, but give themselves a more Mercenary style look, with jeans, camo top, certain colored vests and patches, specific helmets, etc. I wouldn't recommend that you bash the sport if you've never physically done it, because some groups are far more serious than some reenacting units, with ranks, promotions, events, etc.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 02:17:34 pm »
I'm not bashing them.

Apart from those Napoleonic airsofters. That's just sad.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 03:29:55 pm »
I'm not bashing them.

Apart from those Napoleonic airsofters. That's just sad.
lel that exists?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »
Let's just pretend it doesn't.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 09:09:45 pm »
looks like fun but not a good idea to fight one on one with a Russian or Polish guy... their rules in regards to combat are really different to the ones we have in the rest of the world.

by different i mean their safety laws are really, really loose.

thats why training for medieval fighting is compulsory and you must pass a test each time you go and fight, to test whether you are safe enough. but in Russia they dont do that, and by the looks of it, they havent obeyed the re-enactment safety laws.

As far as the fighting in the Battle of Nations seems to go, there are no safety rules.

Me and my group are theorising that there's a weight limit on weapons though, otherwise those pollaxes you see would probably be breaking ribs all over the place.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »
well yes but re-enactors in countries like England, the U.S, Australia are used to certain safety rules, so its like drilled into their head that they cant do this and that but they are allowed to this. Whether as countries like Poland, Russia or the Ukraine have very very different safety rules, so different rules are drilled into their head... its not something you do without practice in your home country first, and in your home country you have to abide by the safety rules set by the insurance company or even the law.

this is NOT a sport for some immature little kid who doesnt know what hes doing and who hasnt been trained properly... this sport takes discipline, maturity and skill to be able to hold your own in the field.

when i first started doing combat in re-enactment, i had to train first before i could even take a sword out of its sheath (except when im training, of course). I had to train for hours on end each day 7 days a week for about 2 months... and i still need to practice my combat.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
Oh yeah. Hell, I've even heard about sharp weapons being used by re-enactors in eastern Europe. That might just be some horror story though.

As for training, damn, that's pretty heavy. I feel like a bit of a slacker now, two hours each week aside from stretches and standing in stress positions to work on my legs.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 10:45:33 pm »
The Polish lancers I saw fighting at Leipzig were possibly the best and safest handlers of the lance ever.

Same goes for the infantry. They did charge, which wasn't exactly allowed, but they raised their bayonets before hitting our line and then it was just a safe push-contest.

Just because a country doesn't have the most strict rules, doesn't mean all re-enactors from it are crazy.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 10:47:21 pm »
The Polish lancers I saw fighting at Leipzig were possibly the best and safest handlers of the lance ever.

Same goes for the infantry. They did charge, which wasn't exactly allowed, but they raised their bayonets before hitting our line and then it was just a safe push-contest.

Just because a country doesn't have the most strict rules, doesn't mean all re-enactors from it are crazy.

in medieval it does...