Author Topic: Flintsoft ~ Poll is up  (Read 48438 times)

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Flintsoft
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »
What I want to know, is how an airsoft musket works...  ???
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 07:43:04 pm »
What I want to know, is how an airsoft musket works...  ???
This.

I would buy a cheap cap gun musket for a frame but how exactly do i use the part  :o

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »
Duuring,

Please get off your towering high-horse and come to a realistic term. Historical Re-enacting is the practice of basically re-living certain aspects of a time-period. LARP, Live Action Role Play, is not just some weird fantasy stuff. LARP applies broadly to any sort of creative anachronism that is done for fun, and isn't done on a serious winning basis. If the historical re-enactments were made on a point which you come across as saying they are almost competitions, why am I not seeing some death-counts?

The point is, and I've spoken to many re-enactors in my area (I live in a part of NY where rev. war + CW guys are abundant) have agreed, almost unanimously, that HR is LARP.

Not only that, but re-enacting certain parts of history isn't just about the uniforms, but also the style in which they were fought. These guys are using airsoft muskets, and are just enjoying themselves. Not all re-enactors have to campaign the entire march of Sherman to be considered enactors. It's not a job, it's a hobby. Albeit a very fun, and expensive one.

But I guess, being a re-enactor, I'll just never understand the serious and secretive world of the Re-enactor...

/topic

I do so hope they bring this over to the US. I had plans to build a paint-ball howitzer with some friends, but then school nosed it's way into my summer. If anyone lives in the southern NY area, I'd be more than happy to get involved in this.

I also hope that this takes a very large following. Imagine seeing entire lines of 40 guys formed.... Jesus Christ that'd be epic.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »
I never saw a LARPer wondering if a uniform part is historical accurate.

There might be a silly line between them, but a line nevertheless. By the way, here, comparing re-enactment to LARP is considered an insult.

And once again (how many times am I going to repeat this?) I haven't a problem with it, it just doesn't belong with re-enactment. It's napoleonic themed airsoft. Not Historical re-enactment.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
  • I put my ex-positions here for my inflated ego.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 06:43:00 pm »
Get off your high-horse Duuring and stop being a prick. Regardless of whether or not it is proper re-enacting, there isn't much of a better place to put it.

EDIT: Fuck didn't even read the 2nd page... Spearing summed it all up.

Duuring,

Please get off your towering high-horse and come to a realistic term. Historical Re-enacting is the practice of basically re-living certain aspects of a time-period. LARP, Live Action Role Play, is not just some weird fantasy stuff. LARP applies broadly to any sort of creative anachronism that is done for fun, and isn't done on a serious winning basis. If the historical re-enactments were made on a point which you come across as saying they are almost competitions, why am I not seeing some death-counts?

The point is, and I've spoken to many re-enactors in my area (I live in a part of NY where rev. war + CW guys are abundant) have agreed, almost unanimously, that HR is LARP.

Not only that, but re-enacting certain parts of history isn't just about the uniforms, but also the style in which they were fought. These guys are using airsoft muskets, and are just enjoying themselves. Not all re-enactors have to campaign the entire march of Sherman to be considered enactors. It's not a job, it's a hobby. Albeit a very fun, and expensive one.

But I guess, being a re-enactor, I'll just never understand the serious and secretive world of the Re-enactor...

/topic

I do so hope they bring this over to the US. I had plans to build a paint-ball howitzer with some friends, but then school nosed it's way into my summer. If anyone lives in the southern NY area, I'd be more than happy to get involved in this.

I also hope that this takes a very large following. Imagine seeing entire lines of 40 guys formed.... Jesus Christ that'd be epic.

I don't give a fuck about what you admin.

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »
Jesus christ it is a form of reenacting. They are dressed up with napoleonic weapons fighting..........reenacting.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 10:48:20 pm »
Jesus christ it is a form of reenacting. They are dressed up with napoleonic weapons fighting..........reenacting.

Of all people, davout, I didn't expect you to say that.

I'm not getting of my horse - cavalry re-enactment is all about horses, don't you know? (booh to people who don't see the joke here.)
 Anyway, I'm off. Enjoy your napoleonic themed airsoft games. Oh, and I all invite you to come see and witness a re-enactment.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »
Is reenactment a absolute state? Can you not reenact without using proper uniforms down do your socks and underwear?

No, And yes.

Duuring, I mean no offence, but you are coming of like an elitist.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 12:07:02 am »
I found this all rather entertaining, thank you chaps.

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:51 am »
I found this all rather entertaining, thank you chaps.

Agreed. Petty bickering, tit for tat makes good forum entertainment.

On topic, looks like fun! I'd love to see this expand quickly, and get more investment.

(I also believe this thread should be in the I-cant-decide-if-larp-or-historical-reenactment part of the forum.)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 12:31:44 am »
cmon guys tiss the season to be jolyl!
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 12:37:52 am »

Tralalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala!

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 12:45:01 am »

Trolololololololololololololololololol!  :P

Anyways, I still wanna know how you work an airsoft musket...
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Hawkes

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 12:50:18 am »

Trolololololololololololololololololol!  :P

Anyways, I still wanna know how you work an airsoft musket...

I second this.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 05:07:45 am »
Tis the season to be jolly tralalalala-lalalala.
OH to be a re-enactor falalalala-lalalala
Don thee now, thy accurate apparel falala-lalala-lalala
Airsoft is not re-enacting falalalala-lalalalaaaa

I do sincerely hope these guys create an airsoft cannon or something like that. It'd be COMPLETELY badass. I really, really want this sport to expand.