Author Topic: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters*UPDATE*  (Read 158807 times)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
Re: NA All-Time Duelists/Groupfighters
« Reply #1005 on: December 18, 2019, 10:19:49 pm »
Matt, the GOAT of NW, has been systematically underrepresented. First he isn’t included as a group fighter while he usually was putting up 40 or more kills. Then, his rivalry with Bill is not included while an abusive relationship between Suns and Vetro is. Shit’s fucked.
Shit belonged on E! network instead of teamspeak.

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1006 on: December 18, 2019, 10:25:04 pm »
Ye I took that out I'm straight wrong in that statement, came out wrong.

Nonetheless
Yoshie #1 Canadian
Godfreid # 2 possibly if you rate dueling highly
then maybe Lithios
Seeing as there was nobody in NW who could beat Godfried in a ft7 consistently for 2+ years, I think that warrants him above Yoshie. Like the guy would get ft7s requests everyday he was on at one point.

How did Who- managed to get that rank? He was not that good when we we're in the 12th, he was just a great guy with a incredible humor.

Lithios should be #1 CA all time, even he did not play after 2015.

Add a new section, best NA1 admins and best MX (I know we have lots of players and it will be difficult to choose)
Who is ritz407?

I understand you're a boomer, but Lithios was not as dominant as Godfried or Yoshie, and tbh the only argument I think you can make it that he is a better groupfighter than Godfried. Who- is at #4 based of empirical knowledge and from what others told me. I could see him going down 1 maybe 2, but i think he should remain close to top 5. I don't know any of MX players other than yourself lmao. Ritz407 was in Lawbringers regiment, I think he was most active in 2014/15

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #1007 on: December 18, 2019, 10:37:17 pm »
Ye I took that out I'm straight wrong in that statement, came out wrong.

Nonetheless
Yoshie #1 Canadian
Godfreid # 2 possibly if you rate dueling highly
then maybe Lithios
Seeing as there was nobody in NW who could beat Godfried in a ft7 consistently for 2+ years, I think that warrants him above Yoshie. Like the guy would get ft7s requests everyday he was on at one point.
I can see where Waste is coming from as Yoshie is a strong duelist as well as being the #1-2 groupfighter consistently over the past 2 years or so, which has made more of an impact in the NW scene rather than being undefeated in duel tournaments considering that NW is a team based game.. not saying Godfreid wasn't a great groupfighter, but I think Yoshie is on another level when it comes to that and his overall skill level was/is a tad higher IMO. Sorry that was a bit of a messy sentence.

Also I could see Moto and Zorkoth being above Who- as well.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1008 on: December 18, 2019, 10:42:08 pm »
Yoshie is doing for group fighting what Godfried did for dueling. I don’t think it matters whether they’re 1 or 2, but it’s clear that they are top 2

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

|Viper|

« Reply #1009 on: December 18, 2019, 10:58:39 pm »
Yoshie without a doubt has been NA’s strongest player for the past two years overall. I’m not sure how he would do verses Lithios, but I think Yoshie does deserve the #1 spot for Canada.

I will say, I’ve seen Yoshie do better than Godfreid for the past two years as well (not a diss at you Freid), but from my perspective Yoshie is better than Godfreid.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:02:10 pm by VetroG »

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #1010 on: December 18, 2019, 11:03:04 pm »
Yoshie is doing for group fighting what Godfried did for dueling. I don’t think it matters whether they’re 1 or 2, but it’s clear that they are top 2
I agree but the difference is that Godfreid was doing it when the game was way bigger with more top tier guys to fight while Yoshie is doing it in a dying game that doesn't have that many good players anymore. Not taking anything away from Yoshie. The guy is still a great player but I'm not even sure he was a top 10 player until 2018. I think Godfreid is a good groupfighter but people just say he isn't as great as he looks because his amount of kills isn't as high or other reasons. The guy is usually 80% of the time on the holding/kiting side locking it down for his team to win. Godfreid deserves to be #1 All-Time for the overall work he has done in the game which is more then Yoshie's body of work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:20:05 pm by -Nick »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #1011 on: December 18, 2019, 11:05:09 pm »
well, regardless of who is #1 on the list, they're both #1 Canadians in my book

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #1012 on: December 18, 2019, 11:25:34 pm »
If you lose to me you don't belong on a list.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1013 on: December 18, 2019, 11:30:10 pm »
They're all Canadians anyways so they'll always be #2 to the United States.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hairdresser69
« Reply #1014 on: December 18, 2019, 11:57:00 pm »
i think godfried is a better duelist and a decent gfer and yoshie is a good duelist and great gfer. but in terms of overall yoshie is much better because right now the community values gfing more than dueling.

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #1015 on: December 19, 2019, 12:17:42 am »
Yoshie is quite possibly the worst duelist I’ve ever seen, laughably easy to counter his small brain with smaller brain holds

Spoiler
Escape From Tarkov is a trash game
[close]

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
« Reply #1016 on: December 19, 2019, 12:22:36 am »
How did Who- managed to get that rank? He was not that good when we we're in the 12th, he was just a great guy with a incredible humor.

Lithios should be #1 CA all time, even he did not play after 2015.

Add a new section, best NA1 admins and best MX (I know we have lots of players and it will be difficult to choose)
Who is ritz407?
Good point actually, looking back I remember zorkoth and even moto being better than who-, even though he was still pretty good. It really sucks that there isn't tape of everyone playing so real analysis could be done rather then a bunch of people just assuming someone was really good even though they never saw them play.
huh

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #1017 on: December 19, 2019, 12:25:12 am »
---------------UPDATE---------------
Added the regimental rivalries to the list, thanks to everyone who helped create the descriptions for them. I also added the Mang vs Alexander description (thannks Nick). This one requires a lot of data mining from other forums/people, so thanks for the help.

In the future I will be moving around some players on the Canadian list, but I think Yoshie & Godfried are staying where they are. Overall, Godfried has a greater impact on the game than Yoshie did, so I feel he deserves the #1 spot.

My next list will be "Most Impactful/Influential" which I know for sure will be super controversial :). I asked A LOT of you your opinions on this matter, and I will probably ask again, so if you want to give me suggestions go ahead. Basically its going to be separated into "Melee Influence" vs "Community Influence". The community aspect will probably dip into regimental leading as well.

Special thanks to Russian, Nick, Asian, Theo, Risk, and Law for helping me w the list!

EDIT: Also, Ritz407 will be staying as #10 since thats what you guys voted for
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:27:27 am by Maple™ »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #1018 on: December 19, 2019, 02:04:50 am »
Melee influence is Jackie #1 and it isn't close. I'd also say Maple because his chambering led to a chamberfest meta. Anthony also turned the game into a turn based attack/block style so I could see him being influential. My wildcard for melee influence would be Zen. Dude taught a ton of people how to play the game.

Karth is the most influential person in NW history so there's that.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #1019 on: December 19, 2019, 03:00:13 am »
put me best quebec and stop fighting and give me my own flag