Author Topic: Hoods Brigade  (Read 3040 times)

Offline 33rd_VA_Vol_Inf_Gen_Levy

• Corporal
  • Levy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Levy
  • Side: Confederacy
Hoods Brigade
« on: April 04, 2019, 04:25:45 pm »

Brigade History
The Texas Brigade was organized on October 22, 1861, primarily through the efforts
of John Allen Wilcox, afterwards a member of congress from Texas, who remained as
the brigade'spolitical patron until his death in 1864.The brigade was initiallyand briefly
under the command of Louis T. Wigfall until he took a seat in the Confederate Senate.
Command was then given to John Bell Hood (hence the Texas Brigade was often known
as "Hood's Brigade" or "Hood's Texas Brigade"). The brigade left Texas poorly armed
and many men had no weapons at all. Others took whatever was available, this resulted
in soldiers carrying almost anything that would shoot--shotguns, hunting rifles, pistols,
old flintlock muskets used in the Texas Revolution, Model 1841 Mississippi rifles, Colt
Revolving rifles, and more. At least two companies are reported to have carried Model
1855 Springfield rifles, which would have been the only modern weapons in the brigade.
The Texans were held in high regard thanks to the legend of the Alamo and the Texas
Revolution, and the Confederate government made sure that they got the best equipment
available. Most of the brigade were soon issued Enfield rifles aside from the 1st Texas,
which had mostly smooth bore muskets and appear to have still been using them well
into 1864.

Brigade Rules
1.)Regiments representing Hoods Brigade shall act professional in all serious events, and may not disrespect anyone from any regiment.
2.)Regiment Sniping is not allowed under any circumstances, and if there comes a point someone wants to transfer to a different regiment within the brigade it must be approved by both commanding officers.
3.)Members with higher ranks than other members but who are in different regiments, have no jurisdiction over that member.
4.)Spamming any sort of sound which is intended to rape the ears will lead to punishment depending on the severity of the situation.
5.)Hate speech or bullying of any kind  is not tolerated
6.)Giving out any sort of sensitive or personal information regarding real life will lead to a permanent ban.
7.)Disrespecting any member of the brigade without valid reason will have consequences depending on the severity of the situation.
8.)If asked to leave any regiments channel you must obey if not it may result in a kick or ban.
9.)Perma ban appeals are decided once every month by Brigade high command

Brigade Information
Regiments who have officially joined the brigade are, The 18th Georgia Infantry, Hampton's Legion, 4th Texas Infantry, and 5th Texas Infantry. The reason for so many Texas regiments is because this is a historical brigade, and through out the course of the Civil war there were six different regiments in Hills Brigade. There are two spots left dont miss your shot!
-Hoods Brigade Teamspeak:185.249.196.154:9004
-Hoods Brigade Steam Group: WIP
-Hoods Brigade Commander: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198248306096/

Hoods Brigade High Command
&
Regiment's

Brevet Brigadier General Levy
Staff Captain Spartan
Staff Lieutenant (Vacant)
Staff Adjutant(Vacant)

18th Georgia Infantry "Jefferson Guards"
-Regiment Chief Executive Officer: Colonel Crane | https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070622849/

Regiment temporary steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/crimsonrosenetworks
[close]

4th Texas Infantry "Lone Star Guards"
-Regimental Chief Executive Officer: Captain Hess | https://steamcommunity.com/id/BigSmokesKid/

Regiment temporary steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/9thpennsylvaniasharps
[close]

5th Texas Infantry "The Bloody Fifth"
-Regimental Chief Executive Officer: Colonel Piper |https://steamcommunity.com/id/lecannuck/

Regiment temporary steam group: W.I.P
[close]

Hampton's Legion "South Carolina Zouaves"

Regimental Chief Executive Officer:Colonel Ze |https://steamcommunity.com/id/noneofurbuisness/

Regiment temporary steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/13thLA
[close]

Offline GorumGamer

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Hoods Brigade
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 04:40:43 pm »
Here is a nice and friendly comment.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 04:41:13 pm »
I own the hoods brigade name please change it. ty

Edit: I've owned it since 2014 and have used it off and on.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:42:49 pm by Forgotfulking »

• Corporal
  • Levy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 04:54:34 pm »
Moraine STFU, NaS is just coming back and I have four dedicated regiments who took the time to change there regiments in order to form this historical brigade. This post alone took me a shit load of time. So stop being a little bitch, go do something with your life instead of claiming you own a brigade name from the civil war. NOBODY owns any name the community died its fresh, and I hope the moderators let me keep the name if they even care at this point, but I hope they realize that taking away the name would just affect an already dying community so its pointless. Regardless if they take it away I will still use it ingame because im not gonna allow one tranny with fucking mental problems to claim a name just so my 60+ active players cant use it.

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 04:56:28 pm »
Moraine STFU, NaS is just coming back and I have four dedicated regiments who took the time to change there regiments in order to form this historical brigade. This post alone took me a shit load of time. So stop being a little bitch, go do something with your life instead of claiming you own a brigade name from the civil war. NOBODY owns any name the community died its fresh, and I hope the moderators let me keep the name if they even care at this point, but I hope they realize that taking away the name would just affect an already dying community so its pointless. Regardless if they take it away I will still use it ingame because im not gonna allow one tranny with fucking mental problems to claim a name just so my 60+ active players cant use it.
You should pay attention more in school and less online. In any case, the name is mine also your "60 man regiments" is actually just everyone from your 10 man regiment and you gave them all fake regiments with literally no one actually in them to look alive.

Offline McChicken6

• Volunteer
  • Banned!
  • Joined the 8thVA in late 2016, played N&S since
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 04:58:26 pm »
Very epic Brigade

• Corporal
  • Levy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 04:59:38 pm »
If you would like to believe that you can, regardless I do not care at all. But again all the regiments are there and steam groups so if you believe facts you might aswell be blind

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 05:01:30 pm »
Let's just break this down real quick.

This post alone took me a shit load of time.

Considering that 90% of your post is just petty insults when Moraine asked you nicely to change your name, that's pretty sad. You didn't even have the composure to be respectful in a post that "took" you so long to make.

my 60+ active players cant use it.

Your "60+" guys? Do you mean the 13 in your 33rd Steam Group? Or do you mean the steam groups of the various "regiments" that are being made by 33rd members? You do not have "60+" people so stop making your brigade seem larger than it is.

Edit: With the exclusion of the 9thPA in my calculations.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:03:57 pm by ~Midnight~ »

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 05:04:07 pm »
Ladies take this too steam or private message each other and let me know the outcome no point moaning at each other on here.

• Corporal
  • Levy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 05:06:48 pm »
I'm not making anything up. Only ACTIVE people are in steam group which is why you see 13 in the 33rdVA steam group, 8 in the 13thLA, and 15 in the 9thPA. that equals 36 people which means give or take 25-35 active players per event, now as a regiment leader you must know the majority of the whole regiment doesnt always show up so for me to have 25-35 active in total I need around 60-80 players intotal because of the people who show up once in a while. I'm not lying about anything I am simply just annoyed at the fact you keep attacking for no reason and you cant understand that we have put alot of work into forming this and the only thing that is stopping us is you guys being pricks about it for no reason. We are literally trying to grow the community and by you bitching at every little thing it hurts it.

Offline McChicken6

• Volunteer
  • Banned!
  • Joined the 8thVA in late 2016, played N&S since
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 05:08:28 pm »
Ladies take this too steam or private message each other and let me know the outcome no point moaning at each other on here.
Should people not have regiments and people inside a Brigade, rather than magically patent it and claim it, despite it being inactive and nowhere visible in the N&S community though?

• Corporal
  • Levy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 05:11:11 pm »
I agree with you McChicken what stops someone from claiming the whole Union Army and every name at that point

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 05:12:59 pm »
claimed names are claimed names, thats like if I made a 33rd rn. The fact is you didn't ask for the name that is rightfully mine. Also levy You've already in the past made a really bad name for yourself this here only shows that you haven't changed at all. It's a real shame.

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2019, 05:19:20 pm »
Locking topic till this issue has been resolved somewhere else and not on this thread. Moraine has the original right to this name. Please speak to the Moraine and request for a name release.

• Corporal
  • Levy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 04:22:59 pm »
claimed names are claimed names, thats like if I made a 33rd rn. The fact is you didn't ask for the name that is rightfully mine. Also levy You've already in the past made a really bad name for yourself this here only shows that you haven't changed at all. It's a real shame.
I would like to personally thank Hairy for working out a deal between Moraine and I. The deal is that Hoods Brigade will be owned be me for another month, until I expand to Hoods Division. At that point Hoods brigade will no longer be needed because two other historical brigades will have come in play. However if in the case I do not grow to division size by a month I will return the name back to Moraine and change mine. Hairy again thank you for making this work, and moraine I still think this was an absolute waist of time, and I think you should find better things to do with your life. However I appreciate you meeting me half way.