Author Topic: Ban request for NA_1  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
Ban request for NA_1
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:49:46 am »
This one is for SilentMan, who was constructing symbols of racism and bigotry. Or rather, buildng swastikas out of planks. He has been continuing as I type this, at 03:41 Eastern Daylight Time. Somehow, there are no admins on at the present.

Some screenshots:
The first, when I was trying to see who it was:
Spoiler
[close]

A better view of the work:
Spoiler
[close]

The next round, as he appears to attempt to flee the screenshot:
Spoiler
[close]

And lastly, after a rather polite request to stop amongst the public's waves of laughter, the next map:
Spoiler
[close]
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
Re: Ban request for NA_1
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 11:23:45 am »
And lastly, after a rather polite request to stop amongst the public's waves of laughter,

You said something along the lines of "Please stop with the Nazism, it's bad for business". I thought you were joking.

The next round, as he appears to attempt to flee the screenshot:
Spoiler
[close]

Oh, please. I didn't even see you, I was just running off. Stop trying to make me a villain here.

constructing symbols of racism and bigotry

It's just a symbol. Yeah, it was the symbol used by the Nazis, but the symbol itself did not stand for racism/bigotry.
It also has other meanings: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika)

From the rules:
- Do not make derogatory remarks to other players or regiments on the server, or about players who may not be on the server. This includes, but is not limited to, racist, sexist, homophobic and bigoted insults, as well as personal attacks and harassment.

I did not call anyone a racist/sexist/homophobic slur. Please, read the rest of the rules and tell me which one I broke:
(https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2746.0)

But seriously? It's just a damn sign. No one was apparently distressed by them. Are you actually offended by this?

I'm not breaking any rules. Admins, if you want me to stop making them, I'll stop, but don't ban me for a made up rule about plank signs.

However, if you really are sincerely offended by a sign made out of wooden planks in a computer game about shooting dudes in tights,
I have another link for you:
(http://lmgtfy.com/?q=counseling)

/rant
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:45:55 pm by SilentMan »
63e

Offline JD

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 04:17:55 pm »
Silentman, Thunderstormer and I have both warned you previously about doing this (although most of my warnings to you was prior to me becoming an admin) multiple times in Teamspeak.  At the very least it falls under the rule " Any sort of behaviour that results in unwelcome responses will be dealt with i.e. trolling/annoyance."  I'm sure Thunderstormer or LG will be around to pass judgement soon.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 07:09:14 pm »
I will look into it.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:24:15 pm »
Yes, JD you warned me. I'm sorry. But like I said above, it's not necessarily break any rules. I don't see how trolling/annoyance apply, since I wasn't annoying anyone and nobody was getting angry. My only crime was wasting build points.
Come on, you can't ban me for this. I promise I will stop.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:45:29 pm by SilentMan »
63e

Offline SilentMan

• Second Lieutenant
  • Cyberbully
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:44:52 pm »
Didn't mean to post this, oops. I don't even remember posting this. Disregard this post
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:39:37 am by SilentMan »
63e

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:46 am »
He was asked on many occasions in the past by multiple admins including me in TeamSpeak to stop making swastikas with planks.

Banned.  Thanks for the report.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.