Author Topic: Leib-Grenadier-Regiment "König Friedrich Wilhelm III.“ (1. Brandenburgisches)  (Read 294722 times)

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
  • Side: Union
What I’m about to say may contradict God’s teachings, but I’d like you to listen carefully. If the most important thing in this world is trust, the most despicable thing you can do is insult someone. Listen well... To insult or betray someone’s trust not only hurts their reputation, but puts them in a very sticky situation. We will not fight others or risk our lives over money, power, or having our seats taken at a theater or on the bus. Fighting is truly foolish. Only idiots bother with it. But... I will risk my life over being insulted. I believe that God forgives even murder. Don’t forget that.

The Vatican has requested that you delete this post, thank you

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
"...I believe that God forgives even murder."

Dumbest thing about the religion. Some fucko can go shoot up a school full of children, then right before he kills himself he just throws out a half-assed "God forgive me for what I've done and what I'm about to do." then just pull the trigger. Then the scumbag goes to heaven. Flawed system.

The world needs to meditate more.

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile

Dumbest thing about the religion. Some fucko can go shoot up a school full of children, then right before he kills himself he just throws out a half-assed "God forgive me for what I've done and what I'm about to do." then just pull the trigger. Then the scumbag goes to heaven. Flawed system.

"God forgive me for what I've done and what I'm about to do."  - Superbad before touching his peepee

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE

Absolution comes to those who truly despair at their own sin - not merely by saying a few words. This is a common misconception, forgiveness has spawned many theological treatises and books, it’s not as simple as you present it

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
What I’m about to say may contradict God’s teachings, but I’d like you to listen carefully. If the most important thing in this world is trust, the most despicable thing you can do is insult someone. Listen well... To insult or betray someone’s trust not only hurts their reputation, but puts them in a very sticky situation. We will not fight others or risk our lives over money, power, or having our seats taken at a theater or on the bus. Fighting is truly foolish. Only idiots bother with it. But... I will risk my life over being insulted. I believe that God forgives even murder. Don’t forget that.

First you were dressing up as Marceaux a bit early..and now you're dressing up as Winters? Who next?

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me

What if he was a Calvinist preaching Predestination?

If the above is true, then he was bound to shoot up the school full of children, as well as feel despair the moment after. Can the system be truly flawed if it was rigged from the start? Is God's omniscience proof that free will is a paradox? Is determinism actually the default doctrine of Christianity? Is free will an illusion? Things to ponder on.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile

If the above is true, then he was bound to shoot up the school full of children, as well as feel despair the moment after. Can the system be truly flawed if it was rigged from the start? Is God's omniscience proof that free will is a paradox? Is determinism actually the default doctrine of Christianity? Is free will an illusion? Things to ponder on.
Christianity is not a determinist religion - not even Calvinisism is determinist. At most, Calvinists will believe in a soft determinism (compatabilism) or a determinism that everyone will be saved.
If the Christian God exists, he necessary gave free will - it’s a vote tenant

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me

Christianity is not a determinist religion - not even Calvinisism is determinist. At most, Calvinists will believe in a soft determinism (compatabilism) or a determinism that everyone will be saved.
I suppose then that it's the Bible being contradictory as always. Many verses can be interpreted to be subscribing towards  hard determinism or compatabilism.

This is a small example, and one I'm not entirely sure of myself regarding the circumstances, but consider the story of Joseph in Genesis.

Had Joseph never reached the palace as cupbearer, he wouldn't have been able to interpret the Pharaoh's dreams, as well as advising him to store grain for the great famine. None of that also would have been possible had Joseph not been casted out by by his siblings and subsequently bought by the captain of the guard. Would said guard's wife have made the false rape accusation against Joseph under different circumstances?

Following the emigration of the Israelites from Canaan to Egypt, Joseph exclaims to his brothers the following verse: "Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life." Genesis 45:5 KVJ.

It seems to me, that it is heavily implied that God had intended for Joesph to be abandoned by his brothers and sold into slavery, so that he may eventually work his way up to the position of vizier. With this power, he would be in a position to help sustain the Levant (and Egypt) during the famine that the Pharaoh had seen in his dreams. Was God aware of the fact that Joesph's colored coat would lead to his exile? Did he predetermine the dreams Joseph had so that he would eventually find himself in the position of vizier, a position influential enough to help the Canaanites?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:25:48 pm by Sgt.Winters »

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
  • Side: Neutral
Spoiler

I suppose then that it's the Bible being contradictory as always. Many verses can be interpreted to be subscribing towards  hard determinism or compatabilism.

This is a small example, and one I'm not entirely sure of myself regarding the circumstances, but consider the story of Joseph in Genesis.

Had Joseph never reached this point, he wouldn't have been able to interpret the Pharaoh's dreams, along with advising him store grain and to aid the Israelites during the great famine. None of that also would have been possible had Joseph not been casted out by by his siblings and subsequently bought by the captain of the guard. Would said guard's wife have always made the false rape accusation against Joseph had he refused?

Following the emigration of the Israelites from Canaan to Egypt, Joseph exclaims to his brothers the following verse: "Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life." Genesis 45:5 KVJ.

It seems to me, that it is heavily implied that God had intended for Joesph to be abandoned by his brothers and sold into slavery, so that he may eventually work his way up to the position of vizier. With this power, he would be in a position to help sustain the Levant (and Egypt) during the famine that the Pharaoh had seen in his dreams. Was God aware of the fact that Joesph's colored coat would lead to his exile? Did he predetermine the dreams Joseph had so that he would eventually find himself in the position of vizier, a position influential enough to help the Canaanites?
[close]
we should debate buddhism and hinduism sometime, friend.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
What doth life?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Spoiler

Had Joseph never reached the palace as cupbearer, he wouldn't have been able to interpret the Pharaoh's dreams, as well as advising him to store grain for the great famine. None of that also would have been possible had Joseph not been casted out by by his siblings and subsequently bought by the captain of the guard. Would said guard's wife have made the false rape accusation against Joseph under different circumstances?

[close]
The work of Thomas Aquinas on this subject is, I think, the best judgement on determinism/free will in Christianity. The belief in "God's plan" does not mean that your life is literally planned out - instead, that you have the choice to commit yourself to the plan that is laid out for you. Joseph (the Mary and Joseph one) could have easily bugged the hell out of town after getting the message from the angel, and many would not have faulted him for doing just that, but he chose to stay, which was the "plan" laid out for him. It's a compatibilist religion, not a determinist one!

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
I love getting drunk on a Wednesday
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile