Author Topic: Waterloo 2015 - Well well well...  (Read 32369 times)

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Waterloo 2015 - Well well well...
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 01:21:27 am »
We once ran out of ammunition...frogs charged us..we presented, shouted fire, we all shouted BANG, le Poof!! and the french died..the public loved it, and we all couldnt stop laughing....hehe
I usually rounds complete. Feel it's a waste of good powder not to lol
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 01:22:39 am »
What winds me up most is the whole VIP thing. These people really haven't given a shit in the past but it'll be a big PR event for them. I can just imagine it now, David Cameron giving a speech as to how all the British soldiers are an inspiration that should be looked upon by today's younger generations. When to be perfectly frank the young generation generally knows sweet FA about Waterloo and the Napoleonic wars in general because emphasis is put too much on the world wars, the Romans and the Tudors in British schools

Very true, its sad how poorly educated people are becoming, I overheard a girl in like year 9 or 10 who thought The Netherlands was the land from Peter Pan....its funny but also, reaaaally worrying :/

Anglo centricity will be through the roof I expect next year from a few people, especially with Cornwell's upcoming book, which I intend to purchase in order to use it slowly as kindling and fuel for the fire!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:37 am »
. I can just imagine it now, David Cameron giving a speech as to how all the British soldiers are an inspiration that should be looked upon by today's younger generations.

Yeah, uneducated criminals in a uniform who are drunk 95% of the time, with snobby officers that don't give fucks about them, sure are a great inspiration to us all.  :P

Anglo centricity will be through the roof I expect next year from a few people, especially with Cornwell's upcoming book, which I intend to purchase in order to use it slowly as kindling and fuel for the fire!

Yes! Yes! Mr_T, I cherish these words. Blesss yoouuuu!

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 01:25:49 am »
. I can just imagine it now, David Cameron giving a speech as to how all the British soldiers are an inspiration that should be looked upon by today's younger generations.

Yeah, uneducated criminals in a uniform who are drunk 95% of the time, with snobby officers that don't give fucks about them, sure are a great inspiration to us all.  :P
The bit about snobby officers who don't give a fuck about the commoners sounds so much like politicians I'm surprised they've not registered to lead the armies haha
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 01:27:12 am »
BORIS JOHNSON AS GENERAL PICTON!!!!!!!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:48 am »
With that hair? Nah. Don't you have a Naggy old Welshman, hidden somewhere in your parliament?

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:24 am »
I dont get the battle at 8pm thing.
That sounds horrible. Who would ever do that?

And yeh, I am certain that there will be some stupid high ranking people/politicians/whatever present. That and the organisation being made by people who dont know shit about reenactment probably caused all that security bullshit. Maybe they are scared that someone wants to shoot a politician with a musket, or something.
Or load a cannon with grapeshot...

It is gonna take hours to get everyone on the battlefield, and it is gonna take hours to get everyone off the battlefield. Now, if the battle is at 8pm, that means that you have to eat dinner either really early or really late, and that after the battle you can basically go sleep. That sounds stupid.

About the powder, you never know. If the security really is as bad as it seams to be, I would not be surprised if there is only a minimum of powder available. I guess bringing your own powder, or making your own powder wont be allowed either.

TBH, I am quite scared that a lot of people won't be accepted to the event because of all that stupid background checks and what not. One wrong word in the formula, one thing they do not like and youre out. I am also scared that they will not allow younger people (and/or people who are new to the hobby) in, simply because they are not mature enough (or do not have the experience) and therefore can not be trusted. You know, by law people can only be trusted when they are atleast 18. So it might end up in the experienced guys being accepted and the young guys having to stay home, which is completely retarded.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:12 am »
Sound like Fascism exist in Europe.  Lemme get America to liberate you for the 3rd time.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 05:28:04 am »
this is there a link so we could see it?
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 06:42:50 am »
Battles at 8pm? Sound like some sort of: Let's do it like the TV does:
From morning to Evening "Reallife" of the soldiers and at 8pm the "Blockbuster" Battle

And If the thing with the registrations is true, they won't get more people on the field than in Leipzig....
Gezeichnet,
69thNY_CSgt_Outpost | [DL]III_KBR_Sap_Vorposten | 3tesWaldeck_Fhr_Vorposten

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:34 am »
Anyone up for a meetup in france, then invade Belgium? Duuring you can lead the troops from the North in the Netherlands?

Anyway, its odd, because D Division (1st International, Aussie Allied etc) just got themselves registered today,70 people from Downunder all up lol :'( (not including 42nd etc as their in the Highland Brigade)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:14:26 am by zac »

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 07:12:17 am »
This is not looking good.
How did Gettysburg 150th(I think; late night = no maths+ no google) go. Did it have all this rubbish?

Nah man shit was a breez.

btw digging the Civil War Artillery crew on the site.

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 07:14:22 am »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)    Must.......not..........heckle.........napoleonics.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 07:14:56 am »
Ye, we all noticed that lol

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 07:54:21 am »
Don't blame the Napoleonic reenactment scene, the problem is Belgians, Belgians politicians are unable to manage even getting a government after a vote, last time it took them about a year.