Author Topic: Who is the most overrated general/leader in history?  (Read 24507 times)

Wursti

Re: Who is the most overrated general/leader in history?
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2018, 11:04:33 am »
Picasso

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2018, 11:22:00 am »
Picasso
Ah yes the great leader Picasso

Offline CAPS_MACLOCK

• Sergeant
  • AYE
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2018, 01:16:11 am »
Karl Marx :P

wrong because everyone knows karl marx has personally killed over four hundred trillion humans, directed the comet that annihilated jurassic park jurassic world fallen kingdom, ripped up seven waifu body pillows, and told stalin to ban video games (which he did)

idiot, marx was the most genocidal leader of men in the galaxy and a damn fine general

if you disagree  that's a gulagin

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2018, 04:04:04 pm »
Rommel
George Washington is considered a good general? Nothing impressive about USA independence war, carried by French.

Alexander was a weirdo but he was still good military commander.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:13:56 pm by McPero »

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2018, 08:24:25 pm »
I like how people credit France entirely for the American victory and don't mention Steuben at all

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »
I like how people credit France entirely for the American victory and don't mention Steuben at all
Nobody says that France won it for America but in the same way America won it with massive help from France. There’s no shame in that. It’s just fact.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »
Nobody says that France won it for America but in the same way America won it with massive help from France. There’s no shame in that. It’s just fact.
Try telling that to the rest of the patriotic retards that plague every barbecue and gun show. This country is legit retarded when it comes to warfare.

Offline Harman

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Robert_Nicholson
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2018, 12:55:20 am »
Probably Erwin Rommel even though he did decent in africa he got btfo in france so thats why i think he is over rated

I dont understand why people seem to think rommel was overrated. He did outstandingly well in both campaigns considering the circumstances. The question isn't whether generals lost or won battles or wars, but if they were good. Therefore in my opinion a general who can still maintain a tactical edge on a superior enemy force (africa campaign) and conduct good defensive actions and rear-guard engagements (normandy campaign) should not be said to be overrated. He did well with what he was given, i doubt the same can be said with regards allied generals (not soviets)

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2018, 11:05:31 am »
Probably Erwin Rommel even though he did decent in africa he got btfo in france so thats why i think he is over rated

I dont understand why people seem to think rommel was overrated. He did outstandingly well in both campaigns considering the circumstances. The question isn't whether generals lost or won battles or wars, but if they were good. Therefore in my opinion a general who can still maintain a tactical edge on a superior enemy force (africa campaign) and conduct good defensive actions and rear-guard engagements (normandy campaign) should not be said to be overrated. He did well with what he was given, i doubt the same can be said with regards allied generals (not soviets)
Oh hello fellow KoJ veteran

Offline Harman

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Pte_Robert_Nicholson
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2018, 05:45:37 pm »
Oh hello fellow KoJ veteran

Oh hai dan

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2018, 06:05:53 pm »

You ever heard of Patton?

Patton was a fucking god among men!

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2018, 07:03:18 pm »
No Patton was arrogant and selfish, pretty much only wanted wins for himself and was absolute shit at cooperating with airpower and other army Generals... American Generals were extremely petty in their feuds amongst themselves... their personal opinion dominated their cooperation and professional mindset towards other allied Generals... Germans had these petty feuds too, but were much more professional about it, especially 3-star  and 4-star generals amongst themselves... The germans had the biggest fights with OKW, OKH, OBW, etc etc.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2018, 07:25:46 pm »
No Patton was arrogant and selfish, pretty much only wanted wins for himself and was absolute shit at cooperating with airpower and other army Generals... American Generals were extremely petty in their feuds amongst themselves... their personal opinion dominated their cooperation and professional mindset towards other allied Generals... Germans had these petty feuds too, but were much more professional about it, especially 3-star  and 4-star generals amongst themselves... The germans had the biggest fights with OKW, OKH, OBW, etc etc.

Who wants to cooperate with lesser skilled individuals. Especially when you see the path to victory yourself and demand excellence. He was a wonderful and successful commander, you cannot deny that.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2018, 01:42:21 am »
From Rommel himself:

“In Tunisia the Americans had to pay a stiff price for their experience, but it brought rich dividends. Even at that time, the American generals showed themselves to be very advanced in their tactical handling of their forces, although we had to wait until the Patton Army in France to see the most astonishing achievements in mobile warfare.
Why am I still here

Offline vanKliff

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hessian Daddy (seeking shelter in the Uk atm)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32nd_Cdt_James_vanKliff
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2018, 08:39:02 am »
From Rommel himself:

“In Tunisia the Americans had to pay a stiff price for their experience, but it brought rich dividends. Even at that time, the American generals showed themselves to be very advanced in their tactical handling of their forces, although we had to wait until the Patton Army in France to see the most astonishing achievements in mobile warfare.

Pls sources, couldn´t find any GERMAN original
Do you have enemies? Good, that means you´ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Drop ya pants prick