Author Topic: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 19501 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 12:30:05 am »
Name: Dan the Chef

EU or NA?: NA

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes

Why should you become CR? : I wish to make this community great again! I am the Commander and Chief on this forum and wish that the game and forum would prosper! I have experience with community outreach projects, tournaments and leagues, and administration. Throughout my years of playing Mount and Blade, whether it be NW, PW, or some other mod, I have attempted to help it expand and prosper. That is my goal if I was to before community rep. I wish to have more tournaments and events for not only the competitive side of NW but to help the community to become more unified. I wish to get rid of the divides in the community and the rivals and mend any broken bridges.
Make FSE Great Again!

Dan's/newest/google/search/be/like
Spoiler
[close]
oh you know it
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 12:45:51 am »
Aside from that I attempted to aid Silly in reviving NA1 which lasted for a brief week due to the community losing interest in the server, ran a successful weekly duel tourny, and helped a few other people with minor requests, an example being IB requesting a sub board for a cav tournament, and asking the mods to ban bill permanently. I also wanted to help Amit with NANWL but he decided to reject my mod/ref application(still salty jkjk)

I've also heard that you were going to get the NA1 event restarted, but that nothing came of it. Where was the breakdown there?
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 03:02:42 am »
I will also be running for election again
Are you really sure you would want to do that? If i was the rep I may decide to run for a second term at most and even that would be pushing it. I think it's important to have different people take the reigns. It's a bad precedent to set if the same person keeps running and winning over and over again. This is nothing personal towards you Orcaryo as I would say this to anyone. The same applies to Riddlez. You're still the CR for a little while longer so you can still do the thing you messaged me about.

Name: Dan the Chef

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes

Why should you become CR? : I wish to make this community great again! I am the Commander and Chief on this forum and wish that the game and forum would prosper! I have experience with community outreach projects, tournaments and leagues, and administration. Throughout my years of playing Mount and Blade, whether it be NW, PW, or some other mod, I have attempted to help it expand and prosper. That is my goal if I was to before community rep. I wish to have more tournaments and events for not only the competitive side of NW but to help the community to become more unified. I wish to get rid of the divides in the community and the rivals and mend any broken bridges.
Make FSE Great Again!
Good luck m8 :)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 04:31:17 am »
Name: Pickle

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes, of course.

Why should you become CR? : I've been around since mid 2012 and know or know of most you of you. I believe i'm quite trustworthy and approachable. I would say i'm pretty fair and observant as well. I have experience being in positions of power within the community(NA GF Mod, NANWL Mod, various servers) so I hope I've gained most of your trust and respect. I know some of you probably hold animosity towards me for being banned on NA GF but I have a job to do and I take it seriously without going overboard. I also have experience tending to all sorts of different scenarios(with regiments, NA GF, NANWL), although I know this will be much different. I haven't been too prevalent in participating in or hosting tournaments but I don't really feel like the CR should be a tourney host as that only tends to a section of the community. I probably would host a linebattle though since mostly everyone in the community participates in those. I have a few ideas i'd like to try out to make linebattles more fun for everyone.

I honestly don't have a well thought out agenda at the moment but i'd be willing to settle all sorts of different conflicts and troubles and if elected, I would think of a few things to do(might think of things within the next couple of days too).

I wanted to put myself forward so you all have options. I don't want you guys to just pick your friend, pick someone who you truly believe will make a positive impact on the community. This election really shouldn't just be a popularity contest or a contest of which regiment has the most members with FSE accounts.

Thank you for your time.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 05:07:24 am »
I like Orcaryo, Dan, and Pickle as people. Don't think they would be the CRs we need though.

Orcaryo, has not done a whole lot as the CR to be honest. I think previous CRs have completed more in one term (Which was the precedent set for NA CRs, which Orcaryo broke, worth noting) than Orcaryo has really completed in both his terms. To be fair with him though, NA is rather dead at the moment. Far more dead than it has been at any point. The worst thing that can happen in the community right now is for nothing to change, for the status quo to continue. However, there is opportunity here.

While Dan and Pickle are merely speculation on my part as to not being the CR we need, and I am more than willing to give them a chance. So, why do I say Dan and Pickle aren't the CRs we need? I just simply think that they would not do much to bring anything fresh to the community or the position of CR. They are just two more people that fit the mold of someone who has been playing NW for a while and are just decently popular in the community. Maybe they will be good CRs, maybe they won't, but I feel if I had to take a chance on someone here, I would take a chance on the person who least fits the norm for who has been NA CRs thus far.

That person would be Gluk. He is not someone in the upper echelons of the NA community, who has been playing for years and years and accumulated 1000s of hours like all the other CRs/Applicants. To me, he has always seemed to want to serve a community oriented role, and I think that is what we need right now. I think his somewhat outsider perspective could well bring something fresh to the role, something we desperately need.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 05:50:50 am »
Outside of what Apoc?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 05:58:16 am »
Riddlez and orcaryo will need to make new apps if they want to run again.

gluk will also need to make an app, rather than just say you are running. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 07:03:28 am »
Outside of what Apoc?

The circlejerk that is the NA competitive community

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 07:09:50 am »
Outside of what Apoc?

Isn't Gluk a mod for the NANWL?
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 07:12:39 am »
Outside of what Apoc?

I wouldn't say Mods and such are necessarily part of the 'competitive community' so to speak.

They just don't seem to fit into the social circle that I see as the competitive community. SOME do, but not all of them.

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 07:25:43 am »
Outside of what Apoc?

I wouldn't say Mods and such are necessarily part of the 'competitive community' so to speak.

They just don't seem to fit into the social circle that I see as the competitive community. SOME do, but not all of them.

Gluk is also apart of the 4e as their second in command. Wouldn't that make him apart of the "competitive" community?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 08:04:55 am »
Outside of what Apoc?

Gluk is also apart of the 4e as their second in command. Wouldn't that make him apart of the "competitive" community?

Alright, you can stop playing coy now. You know full well what I mean. Gluks position in the community is far different than someone like Lawbringer even though Law is also a second in command. It is not something that you can put into words easily, it is something that you just know through experience. You just know who has been around for years, who is always showing up in regimental or individual tournaments, who appears on the lists in the community, who really wants to be on them, that kinda stuff. You KNOW where people stand in the community.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:13:28 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 08:30:33 am »
Pretty much, what your trying to say is that, both Pickle and myself are apart of the Old Boys club, correct?

From your diction, it appears that you are making Pickle and Myself out to be Hiliary whilst pushing Gluk as Bernie. We are the establishment, most likely, while he is the new face around. I don't know if that is an apt comparison but that is the impression that I am getting.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:29 am »
You could say that. Gluk just fills a different role in the community than you do, and I would like to see a fresh perspective. If we wanted change, and we need change, I would say he is most likely the guy to bring it. It's not that anything is wrong with you or Pickle, it is just that I feel like you more likely fit the same profile as the other CRs that came before, myself included.